CM7, how do I retrigger gapps?

Guest Poodha

Guest Simon O
Installed the CM7, but clicked cancel one too many times when the gapps-addon asked me what google apps I wanted to download. How can I retrigger it?

It's part of the google account setup so you'll have to reset your phone to get it to trigger again. Or open the market app and install them manually.

It's part of the google account setup so you'll have to reset your phone to get it to trigger again. Or open the market app and install them manually.

I reckon the later is the way to go then since I already backed up my other apps and data and factory reset is kind of overkill just to get gmail. Thanks for the fast answer!

As a Nub, I have the same problem.

Unfortunately installing GMail via the market is not an option, since it tells me that "this app is not available for your carrier", despite all other apps are installable.

Is there another way than resetting to get the GMail app?

Guest treschi

Had the same problem... Install "Market enabler" and set it to another carrier (for example T-Mobile (us)), than you will find gmail in the market. Install it and set your carrier back to your default one.

Had the same problem... Install "Market enabler" and set it to another carrier (for example T-Mobile (us)), than you will find gmail in the market. Install it and set your carrier back to your default one.

Thanks a lot! That worked out of the box :D