FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest wishmaster.dj
I'm 99% sure the culprit is the wifi. If i boot the phone with wifi disabled, and do not use it at all, then battery life is great. When i use wifi, sometimes after i disable it the battery drain starts. In 1 hour roughly 5-10% lost.

that could be it. I had also used my fone's wifi after which it went nasty.

Please report back, we need to investigate the root cause for this.

thanks!

Guest DarrellK

Settings-Privacy-tick the two options.

This doesn't work. I notice that by default the FLB rom does not enable backup, so after enabling the startup wizard in build.prop, I tried both ways - that is signing in to google first in the wizard then enabling backup when the wizard asks, or skipping the wizard, enabling backup and only then adding my google account. Neither of these methods restores my settings from the google server.

Maybe what is needed is to amend the ROM to make "Privacy - Backup" enabled by default, but I don't know how to do this. Any suggestions, anyone?

Edited by DarrellK

Guest Smudger0805
Of those who quickly drain out the battery, someone uses FmRadio? I noticed that my phone does not go to sleep because of it.

I had the same problem with r9b and with r8a when using kernel 2 and the radio. Taannuk also had the same problem with JJ9 when using the radio update for that rom. It seems to suggest that it is a kernel problem.

Guest justinsm

My OSF has been up for 45h on r10b, including the 14h where it lost most of it's juice.

Spare parts reports (from boot time):

partial wakelock:android system (the highest)

total time:4m 8s

network usage details for BBC News: (way highest)

Bytes received: 89068446 (!)

other usage:

time spent with wifi on: 1d 4h 59m 43s (!)

(69.47blah%)

I think we may have a culprit. At least in my case.

Apologies for the lack of correct formatting. I was holding the phone in one hand, and hunting and pecking on the laptop with the other.

Edit: I had the BBC News widgit running. Definitely something going on there. The default settings for the widgit are to check every 15m, while awake, and every 2h while not. It was behaving correctly on r9.

Edited by justinsm

Guest Goriach

Hey there

First I'd like to state that I'm a complete noob and FLB G2 r10b is my very fitst custom rom and I have only 1 strange little issue. When I use the froyo's stock music player with ~10mb music tracks it works ok but when I load a 2h long mix ~200mb+ it does something nasty with "mediaserver" and sets its cpu usage to ~80% and it stays that way until I reboot. Is there any1 else having the same issue? Maybe I should just stick to another player (haven't tried with this rom) but I love the default one :/

Well, just found out why my default messaging app gives me FC's: too many text messages (total of 5808, between sent and received)! Whenever I restore my sms's, no matter what backup app I use, the default message app takes very long to load a conversation thread and start's to give an option to either wait or FC!

Even though I choose to wait, it takes a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of time and doesn't load anything...

I have one conversation thread with more than 4000 text messages and another a bit over 600... Everything else is lower than 400 sms's and I can't delete any of them...

Edited by _BG_

Guest SWOriginal

Can't mount USB storage through clockwork or through the rom settings ( when plugged into my mediaplayer ), clockwork sais missing umc file... no USB mount apps from the market works either

Works fine when plugged into a pc

Its just a problem with this rom

Guest IPB_Refugee
Don't restore 2.1 backups to a 2.2 ROM.

Try with a clean install and see if any of the problems occur....you will need to install all apps clean from the market.

Appbrain is really useful for that if you have stock apps that you use as it creates a list that when you connect you can sync and re-download :(

Link for the gapps is included in the extras download in the main thread where you downloaded the ROM from

Thank you, Qwertzycoatl! :(

Next time I will restore my apps via the Appbrain Market App. I didn't know how good this app is - really a must have! (At least as long as Google's market misses the same functionality.)

I think your ext2 partition went kaputt. Had this a lot of times in 2.1, that's why I don't use ext2 anymore, for Froyo I always used move2sd enabler from the market with the whole card formatted as FAT32.

Hello Rotmann,

I have a good Transcend 8 GB Class 6 sdcard, but you might be right that the EXT3 partition got corrupted somehow. Next time I will only use Froyo's own apps2sd function. :) The card is already reformatted as one FAT32 primary partition. Thanks also for suggesting Move2SD Enabler (root only). (BTW: App 2 SD Free (move app to SD) seems to be another useful app for Froyo users.)

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Guest dazbaz996
Something kept your phone awake, if this happens again, check spare parts for partial wake.

Will do, I didn't have wifi on so this was not the cause. The only app I was running was kindle, but would this cause the phone to stay awake ? I normallly kill all apps with advanced task killer but didn't last night. I will do the same tonight and see what happens.

One thing I do notice is that when I use atk I get a list of apps to kill, and a lot of the time there are apps in the list that I have not opened at all and that are not running as services, I thought this a bit strange.

Guest scoobydoo99

I'm running the 10b flb Rom. on quadrant I get a score of 780 - is this genuine? I know there were issues with false scores caused by stagefright but don't know if this impacts my score? I haven't overclocked or done anything else techy + just installed the Rom. it certainly seems quick, our other sf running the jj 9 Rom only scores 380.

Guest lee89b

I'm having wifi connection problem i.e. it'll try to connect, but will disconnect soon after without the "obtaining IP .... etc" text. I don't recall such problem with previous releases. I saw in the release notes that starting from r10, the is some changes made to fix the wifi. This is not the common signal lost in idle. Anyone can help?

Cheers

Guest Nyberg

A question probably been asked before, but my search function is not functioning as it should, as soon as I try to search something it informs me I have searched spammed. A bit annoying, but I have tried to read thou the whole thread and have not found any answers.

If I would like to change the stock dialer to Dialer One, how do I go about doing this in r.10b?

I want to be able to use the nifty button in the bottom of the home screen to execute dialer one.

Edited by Nyberg

Guest muller37

Will do, I didn't have wifi on so this was not the cause. The only app I was running was kindle, but would this cause the phone to stay awake ? I normallly kill all apps with advanced task killer but didn't last night. I will do the same tonight and see what happens.

I didn't have wifi on either but i was playing angry birds earlier that night. at one point it froze up and then loaded a different level on its own so maybe it had opened itself twice and i only closed the one down i was playing.

last night it went from 100% to 98% over night btw.

Guest Hpman48

Does anyone have issues with downloading bigger application (above 5 Mbyte) via market (2.3.3) ? Updating Maps or a fresh download of Skype stopped directly after start of the download. This happens also with a fresh installation of R10b. It is also independent of the network, neither wlan nor mobile networks works.

Could the small cache partition be a problem ? I have only 4.5 MB with 3.4 MB free.

Hpman48

Edited by Hpman48

Guest Paden
If I would like to change the stock dialer to Dialer One, how do I go about doing this in r.10b?

I want to be able to use the nifty button in the bottom of the home screen to execute dialer one.

I think if you install the Dialer One app, when you next go to use the dialer it'll ask you which one you want to use as default & tie it to the shortcut key.

Cheers, Paul

Guest dazbaz996

Okay, charged the phone to 100% last night, killed all apps with atk, launched kindle and put the phone down for the night, the screen went off a minute later.

Woke up this morning and the battery was down to 80%.

Partial Wake Lock Entries

Android System 9h 41m

JuiceDefencer: 16s

Ud 10023: 6s

Dialer: 0s

It is now 10:08 am and my battery is down to 63%.

I have not used the phone except to check the spare parts app for the battery usage.

I did use the radio yesterday for about an hour.

I am using version 10b. I installed version 10 and then the 10b update.

Kernal version is 2.6.32.9-perf zte-kernal@Zdroid-SMT

Build No FLB-Froyo r10.

I have calibrated the battery.

This is weird.

The only apps that are running are the alarm clock, sense clock and advanced task killer. I removed the weather widget.

Guest gat2011
Okay, charged the phone to 100% last night, killed all apps with atk, launched kindle and put the phone down for the night, the screen went off a minute later.

Android System 9h 41m

I have not used the phone except to check the spare parts app for the battery usage.

Build No FLB-Froyo r10.

This is weird.

The only apps that are running are the alarm clock, sense clock and advanced task killer. I removed the weather widget.

how's your battery with other roms? could the battery itself be at fault?

i've been using this rom and, for me the battery, especially 'sleeping' mode has been very good. eg, did full charge last night and it's still at 100|% this am.

Guest rawly

I flashed 10b y'day along with the Extra's and the GB Green Circle theme.

Firstly, I'd like to say it is a very nice ROM. I'm sure alot of hard work must go into making these.

Three things I've noticed if anyone has any comment:

1) Set the alarm this morning, but it didn't turn the phone on and go off. May be this is expected behaviour? Does setting the alarm meant to auto power on the phone, or do I have to leave it switched on for the Alarm to work?

2) There is no handset notification of any new Email/SMS/Calls when the phone is in sleep mode. Think I was used to my Experia X10 Mini flashing it's green light when I had a new notification. Is this expected behaviour for this ROM?

3) I received my first call on the phone just now, and I could hardly hear the caller with Volume on Max. I later did some tests and the handset is fine in 'speaker mode', fine when I plug headphones in, but the built-in Mic is always low level. It's possible my handset has a fault I'd not noticed before as only had it less than a week and I can't recall if I noticed this before. Although as the MIC works fine in Speaker Mode and also Rings fine etc... I'm not sure if it can be faulty? But has anyone else had problems with the Mic volume when making calls? (Not in Speaker mode)

Edited by rawly

Guest muller37

I have noticed that charging while switched off, till the red led goes off, seems to make it drain less when on. well it stays at 100% for much longer anyway!

Guest Miracle Boy

I've just made the jump from R8a to R10b. I cleared the dalvic cache & system cache before installing the ROM, but I did NOT wipe data/Factory reset.

Sadly, I can't report on Wi-Fi as I am one of the lucky people out there with the Netgear 834 v5 router so with every ROM my phone just repeatedly just connects & disconnects.

The only odd behaviour I have found is that when first installing the ROM, when applying the extras ZIP, or applying my tweaked version of one of Frankish's fantastic themes, the next time I attach the phone via USB to a PC, the phone will automatically reboot. If I leave the phone connected to the PC while it reboots, after that it can then be attached & detached via USB without any problems.

Anybody got any idea why this might happen?

I've yet to test if adding new apps from the market will cause the same thing to happen. I'll have to investigate this issue further.

Other that that, the R10b ROM has been great for me, exellent barrery life, NO Super User issues so far.

Thanks Flibblesan for this G2 ROM!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Guest dazbaz996
how's your battery with other roms? could the battery itself be at fault?

i've been using this rom and, for me the battery, especially 'sleeping' mode has been very good. eg, did full charge last night and it's still at 100|% this am.

Haven't tried any other roms, only got my phone 2 weeks ago, flashed about a week ago, battery was as expecte on the stock orange rom.

I am a noob and I want to stick with FLB rom

Guest oldfella

Android System 9h 41m

Build No FLB-Froyo r10.

This is weird.

I had exactly the same problem recently with 9b, rebooted and not seen it again. Assumed that something was causing the kernal to not sleep.

Guest dazbaz996
I had exactly the same problem recently with 9b, rebooted and not seen it again. Assumed that something was causing the kernal to not sleep.

I will give this a go, thanks