FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest muller37
Here is the stock alarm for froyo works fine. After you download just rename to Alarm.apk as modaco dont allow you to upload apk.

Sorry didn't know that. Do you just upload a zip of it instead then?

hey i just noticed the attatchment part of the reply. i'm new to all this!

Edited by muller37

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Hi, sorry for 2 more quick questions.

1) When I originally used Clockwork for my first update I used a win 7 machine. However I don't have access to one (in English), and when I tried pressing the 'up volume' when turning on my Blade, under XP it said it didn't recognise the hardware and came up with that annoying screen where it asks for the disks / look online for drivers. My question is can I still install clockwork through CMD or will this be an issue, as I can't remeber if it happened with Win 7 as well (unfortunatly I don't have access to a Win 7 machine here in English as I'm in China - otherwise I'd just borrow a friends one!)

2) Another member kindly posted an answer to my message about how to keep my apps. They mentioned to back up with Titanium Back up and simply copy them to my 'puter and then put back in with the APK file. Howver, when I look under my Titanium Folder after it's been backed up I don't see any APK files. Am I doing this incorrectly? I've followed the steps on the TB website / wiki but still don't see any APK files.

Any answers?

Clockwork is not Volume + it is volume -

You are entering recovery mode with volume +

There are drivers for XP kicking about the place though that do work :(

Guest danmanbad
had already done that mate

dose your phone get quite hot when charging or when ib use cuz i had to send my first one back as it got TOO HOT and the battery life was terrible so i rang orange and they replaced it the next day cuz there is a fault on these phones i hope that helps

Guest shmvn

Hello, I have few questions about this ROM. I have installed the r10 over r8, and even though people said nothing will be wiped, it wiped everything ( couple of installed apps, contacts, messages, settings etc) but thats not really a problem.

I just wanted to know how can I remove the vibration when the call gets accepted ( e.g. when I call someone and they answer the call it vibrates ) , and I want to take vibration off when unlocking screen too but dont know how, however in setting I put vibrate - never... And when in music player when I choose a song it opens leave the page where all songs are shown and opens the one for the song that I choose ( this wasnts in r8)

And last thing how can I remove the sound when I receive messages?

Thanks to everyone who can help

Edited by shmvn

Guest bujcri
Hi there,

Is on r10b an simple way to move the dalvik-cache to the sd cards ext partition?

I guess this was a question for me with the download issue on market. Yes my cache partition is reduced to 4.5 Mbyte. But i thought market hs a own cache dir on /data/data/com...vending/cache. However is it possible to redirect all apps from cache partition to a separate dir on sdcard (Symlink).

Hpman48

This is the topic that deals with your problems: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-your-apps/

Hpman48 if you read the above mentioned topic, you'll see there are 2 options:

1)you can move the /cache directory to /data then you're ok when you flash a new rom

2)you can redirect the cache to RAM (in this case make sure you add the script to a autostart file)

Whatever option you chose, make sure you back up the edited file, otherwise you'll most likely have to edit it again after rom flash (if you back up, after rom flash copy/paste it to the original location).

Alternatively you can undo your partition resize but sooner than later you'll run out of space.

Guest Hpman48
This is the topic that deals with your problems: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-your-apps/

Hpman48 if you read the above mentioned topic, you'll see there are 2 options:

1)you can move the /cache directory to /data then you're ok when you flash a new rom

2)you can redirect the cache to RAM (in this case make sure you add the script to a autostart file)

Whatever option you chose, make sure you back up the edited file, otherwise you'll most likely have to edit it again after rom flash (if you back up, after rom flash copy/paste it to the original location).

Alternatively you can undo your partition resize but sooner than later you'll run out of space.

Thanks, that helps a lot. Problem is now fixed with the linked user script.

Hpman48

Guest muller37
dose your phone get quite hot when charging or when ib use cuz i had to send my first one back as it got TOO HOT and the battery life was terrible so i rang orange and they replaced it the next day cuz there is a fault on these phones i hope that helps

Thanks for your help. To be honest apart from that one time the battery has been pretty solid before and since. putting it down to a freak occurence now (an app keeping it awake when i didn't realise). it does get warm during charging or if using it a lot but i wouldn't say it was too hot. i pretty much get 2 full days with minimal use. 1 full day if used alot.

Guest domdom43

Noob question:

Is it possible to include BFQ and ck2 Patchsets optimisations in the kernel like in CM7 kernel?

ROM seems to be 15% faster with the new kernel

Guest Simon O
Noob question:

Is it possible to include BFQ and ck2 Patchsets optimisations in the kernel like in CM7 kernel?

ROM seems to be 15% faster with the new kernel

Tempted to look into added these. Are they in the new CM7 blade kernel?

Guest Poodha
If you have titanium backup installed in your phone, then just go to backup/restore tab and uninstall the DIALER application. It will remove the ZTE smart dialer from the phone. I too was facing FCs with it and reverted back to froyo dialer.

Thanks for the suggestin, but I'm not using Titanium but Mybackup. But that seems like a awesome feature. Was just contemplating which backupprogram I should use. Only drawback with Titanium is that it doesn't seem to be caple to back up and restore MMS.

I reinstalled FLB instead(starting to get the hang of restoring my homescreens so it goes pretty quick), but this time it doesn't seem as stable. The phone have crashed(reboots without a warning) a couple of time (2-4) already today. Could this be a leftover from the smartdialer? Don't you wipe the phone and start with a clean os as when you reinstall windows(I used Recovery manager, so I think it wipes the stats and data at least automatically).

Guest Simon O
Thanks for the suggestin, but I'm not using Titanium but Mybackup. But that seems like a awesome feature. Was just contemplating which backupprogram I should use. Only drawback with Titanium is that it doesn't seem to be caple to back up and restore MMS.

I reinstalled FLB instead(starting to get the hang of restoring my homescreens so it goes pretty quick), but this time it doesn't seem as stable. The phone have crashed(reboots without a warning) a couple of time (2-4) already today. Could this be a leftover from the smartdialer? Don't you wipe the phone and start with a clean os as when you reinstall windows(I used Recovery manager, so I think it wipes the stats and data at least automatically).

I'll find a way to sort this smart dialer out as it's being a pain in the backside for most people.

Guest Nyberg
I'll find a way to sort this smart dialer out as it's being a pain in the backside for most people.

Do you know how to make the "phone button" on the home screen to be associated with dialer one? Can't seem to change it from stock.

Guest Simon O
Do you know how to make the "phone button" on the home screen to be associated with dialer one? Can't seem to change it from stock.

Not with the stock launcher but if you use LauncherPro, ADW.Launcher or Go.Launcher EX you can change the shortcut easily.

Hi there,

some funny things happened the last couple of days with my Base Lutea (the german ZTE Blade). I have to admit, since I flashed the 10b wifi reconnection was always a little poor, sometimes it worked, but most of the time it didn't. At the last couple of days, wifi won't reconnect at all. Only via untick and retick via settings or power widget wifi came back to life. Secondly, the battery life decreases from day to day in vast steps. At last, the phone lasts merely a day, with very light use. The phone used to last up to three days with this kind of usage. So, today I literally pulled the plug and let the phone die (power down) on its own and charged it that way over night. Then, the first boot was directly into recovery and i wiped the battery stats.

I guessed, this would help at least the battery life to recover, but guess what. You're right, miraculously the wifi reconnect issue was gone, too. Every time i brought my phone back from sleep, wifi reconnects in seconds. Of course, this procedure helped my battery life, too. Now, 10 hours with very light usage later, I've got 92% battery left, as I used to.

Thanks again for this great piece of ROM, flibble.

Edited by bhf

Guest JCPren

Liking this ROM a lot, but I believe I may have found an issue.

I just installed this ROM for the first time (r10b) after wiping Sebastian's de-orangeated ROM (eclair). I've noticed that the side speaker doesn't always get turned off completely after playing a sound (e.g. notification beep, or the clicks within the Twitter app when you refresh) and you can hear it continuing to hiss very faintly. You can get it to turn off by making a call and hanging up, then it's completely silent until the next time it plays a sound, and then the faint hiss comes back. I'm not getting as good a battery life since installing this ROM, despite trying to recalibrate the battery by letting it run down and charging it fully, and I wonder if it's because the speaker remains powered.

Is it just me?

Hi, I've moved over from JJF8 to this rom. Loving this build, the only problem is that i don't like the default battery indicator and much prefer the circle one found in the JJF roms.

How can i install the circle battery indicator in this rom?

I have tired installing it via clockwork and it results in my phone not booting. The zip i downloaded from this thread:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...01-24-oled-tft/

@flibblesan

Any updatenews about this ROM? i'm still on R9b, for me it is the best ROM available!

When will R11 be released, and what are you focussing on? (which news?)

Guest stefanokan
Hi there,

some funny things happened the last couple of days with my Base Lutea (the german ZTE Blade). I have to admit, since I flashed the 10b wifi reconnection was always a little poor, sometimes it worked, but most of the time it didn't. At the last couple of days, wifi won't reconnect at all. Only via untick and retick via settings or power widget wifi came back to life. Secondly, the battery life decreases from day to day in vast steps. At last, the phone lasts merely a day, with very light use. The phone used to last up to three days with this kind of usage. So, today I literally pulled the plug and let the phone die (power down) on its own and charged it that way over night. Then, the first boot was directly into recovery and i wiped the battery stats.

I guessed, this would help at least the battery life to recover, but guess what. You're right, miraculously the wifi reconnect issue was gone, too. Every time i brought my phone back from sleep, wifi reconnects in seconds. Of course, this procedure helped my battery life, too. Now, 10 hours with very light usage later, I've got 92% battery left, as I used to.

Thanks again for this great piece of ROM, flibble.

I have the same issue: very poor battery life, also with light usage i reach maximum 14 hours life. Would you be so kind as to explain step by step how to wipe the battery stats with recovery?

Many thanks. :(

Guest shmvn
Hello, I have few questions about this ROM. I have installed the r10 over r8, and even though people said nothing will be wiped, it wiped everything ( couple of installed apps, contacts, messages, settings etc) but thats not really a problem.

I just wanted to know how can I remove the vibration when the call gets accepted ( e.g. when I call someone and they answer the call it vibrates ) , and I want to take vibration off when unlocking screen too but dont know how, however in setting I put vibrate - never... And when in music player when I choose a song it opens leave the page where all songs are shown and opens the one for the song that I choose ( this wasnts in r8)

And last thing how can I remove the sound when I receive messages?

Thanks to everyone who can help

Can anyone help me with these couple questions please ? :( will be very thankful!

Guest lesa0208

i have problem with this rom, i flash r10b and install launcher pro, and market not working any more, i can copy large file on my sd card because phone diconnect sd card whe i try to copy file

I have the same issue: very poor battery life, also with light usage i reach maximum 14 hours life. Would you be so kind as to explain step by step how to wipe the battery stats with recovery?

Many thanks. :(

Sure. Sorry the answer took so long, but modaco was down. I describe the procedure with latest clockworkmod 3.0.0.6.

When the phone was charged overnight, press and hold Volume - then press and hold Power. Release both buttons after approx 10 seconds, an orange screen will appear.

choose advanced (last entry)

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=1887u1.jpg

choose wipe battery stats (third entry)

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=19w753.jpg

Press back button on the phone and choose reboot system now

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=1887u1.jpg

That's it.

Thanks to Quirin in android-hilfe.de for the pictures.

Guest danmanbad
Thanks for your help. To be honest apart from that one time the battery has been pretty solid before and since. putting it down to a freak occurence now (an app keeping it awake when i didn't realise). it does get warm during charging or if using it a lot but i wouldn't say it was too hot. i pretty much get 2 full days with minimal use. 1 full day if used alot.

i just throught you would like to see how my usage compares to yours in your stats i have been cronicoling the battery usage

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/323...rotip/page/120/ i think its post 8 on the page post number#128

it would be nice if you did it as well and any one elce that would like to do it that is reading this post so the rest of the comunity can conpare there usage and time

have a nice and plesent day

Guest malvern88

hi,great rom.thank you for your hard work in makin it.ive got 1 question if anyone is able to answer,does any1 know how to change the touchpal keyboard theme?i used to used a t-mobile pulse and it had a black and green touchpal keyboard installed on a flb rom.i cant seem to find one like that.i find the black and white themed keyboard.any info will be appreciated.