FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest gameSTICKER
Any explanation on BFQ and smartass governor? Looks like a power management stuff.

BFQ: BFQ is a proportional-share disk scheduling algorithm that also supports hierarchical scheduling with a cgroups interface. One of the nice features of BFQ is that, according to our results on rotational disks, it achieves six- to fourteen-time lower command startup times on a heavily loaded disk, with respect to CFQ, and at the same time up to 30% higher throughput with most workloads. In practice, whatever the disk load is, the system is virtually as responsive as if the disk was idle. BFQ also guarantees low latencies for soft real-time applications, as audio and video playing/streaming, music, and the like (about five times lower than CFQ). As for long-term guarantees, it distributes the disk throughput as desired to disk-bound applications, with any workload and independently of the disk parameters.

SmartAss: is based on the concept of the interactive governor. I have always agreed that in theory the way interactive works - by taking over the idle loop - is very attractive. I have never managed to tweak it so it would behave decently in real life. Smartass is a complete rewrite of the code plus more. I think its a success. Performance is on par with the "old" minmax and I think smartass is a bit more responsive. Battery life is hard to quantify precisely but it does spend much more time at the lower frequencies.

Smartass will also cap the max frequency when sleeping to 245Mhz (or if your min frequency is higher than 245 - why?! - it will cap it to your min frequency). Lets take for example the 998/245 kernel, it will sleep at 245. No need for sleep profiles any more! form XDA

Guest Simon O
Any explanation on BFQ and smartass governor? Looks like a power management stuff.

BFQ: http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk...description.php

BFS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_Fuck_Scheduler

Smartass: http://www.ziggy471.com/2010/11/07/smartass-governor-info/

In a nutshell BFQ improves disk access, BFS improves task management and Smartass improves CPU power management. Cyanogenmod uses BFQ and BFS now since they improve performance and some custom roms on XDA use Smartass as it can improve battery life.

Guest andynx1
I installed ROM manager, and superuser worked just fine. Installed titanium backup, and it requests superuser permissions - but just waits. No superuser permissions are granted.

I tried applying the patch to fix superuser, but it made no difference.

I'm using a (new) b10 phone. Any help most welcome.

Update. Don't know why, but tried it again later and it worked fine.

Will update to r11 later...

Edited by andynx1

Guest robert000

Hi,

I have problem with CPU running on 99%, I checked on Task manager that is caused by task "Email" when I kill Email CPU drops to cca 10%

Is there a patch for this? Someoneelse facing same issue?

thanks

Guest Simon O
Hi,

I have problem with CPU running on 99%, I checked on Task manager that is caused by task "Email" when I kill Email CPU drops to cca 10%

Is there a patch for this? Someoneelse facing same issue?

thanks

Did you set any non-gmail email accounts up?

Guest theboymolloy

Just flashed r10 onto my San Fran. Working excellent, Wi-Fi is also working like a dream (it certainly wasn't on the stock ROM).

Any plans to add proxy settings into the Wi-Fi? Would be very handy whilst at work

Guest robert000
Did you set any non-gmail email accounts up?

Yes, I set up Exchange account.

Actually after some playing around, this problem is after restart. I restart my phone then it consumes 100% CPU then I go to Task Manager I kill Email task then it goes to 10% and when I re-run Email again then CPU is still on 10%. It looks like it somehow stucked after reboot :S

I would like to somehow fix it cause otherwise when I forgot to kill it battery is dead extremelly quickly :D

Btw1: forgot to mentioned I have r10b

Btw2: I tried also Swedish spring but there I was not able to set up Exchange account at all :S

Edited by robert000

Guest Nymins

Im getting a Force Close message when dialing any number on r11. Using this version: "FLB Froyo r11 with ZTE SmartDialer & Contacts"

It says: "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

I did a full wipe of r9 before updating. Tried rebooting the phone but no luck :D

Edited by Nymins

Guest gameSTICKER
Im getting a Force Close message when dialing any number on r11. Using this version: "FLB Froyo r11 with ZTE SmartDialer & Contacts"

It says: "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

I did a full wipe of r9 before updating. Tried rebooting the phone but no luck :D

Same issue, i can call numbers from 'contacts' and 'call list' but unable to dial any number from the 'dialer', either by selecting from the list or manually typing...

Guest Simon O

Wipe before flashing r11

Me too, exact same problem.

I installed ROM manager, and superuser worked just fine. Installed titanium backup, and it requests superuser permissions - but just waits. No superuser permissions are granted.

I tried applying the patch to fix superuser, but it made no difference.

I'm using a (new) b10 phone. Any help most welcome.

Superb rom, so far - so thanks!

Cheers!

Andy

Had the same problem with Titanium Backup... killed the task and started Titanium again, now I got the superuser window (allow) and then everything works like it should :D (r11)

One thing I miss is the wake up through home button click!? I thought on stock rom that was possible, wasn't it?!

Would be nice to have that feature in flb!

Guest theboymolloy
r10? r11 is the current release.

I was directed to r10 by a "list of roms" thread, didn't realise there was r11 til I'd flashed. Are there proxy settings on r11?

Guest DVDeus
One thing I miss is the wake up through home button click!? I thought on stock rom that was possible, wasn't it?!

Would be nice to have that feature in flb!

It's more a habbit thing:)

Is it possible to shut down screen while being on the phone? It is unnecessary to bright on your face while talking:)

edit: sorry, did not realize that it turns off when being near face:)

Edited by DVDeus

Guest Trademark-NRW
Yes, I set up Exchange account.

Actually after some playing around, this problem is after restart. I restart my phone then it consumes 100% CPU then I go to Task Manager I kill Email task then it goes to 10% and when I re-run Email again then CPU is still on 10%. It looks like it somehow stucked after reboot :S

I would like to somehow fix it cause otherwise when I forgot to kill it battery is dead extremelly quickly :D

Btw1: forgot to mentioned I have r10b

Btw2: I tried also Swedish spring but there I was not able to set up Exchange account at all :S

Had this before too.

Set your account to "Push". Anything else is draining battery. This is not an flb issue, mor tha an android issue.

Guest ~phil

Installed r11 (Stock Dialer) over r10b, and everything seems to be working okay. Facebook contact linking seems to be enabled again, and the only issue I've ran into is that applying the Notification Widget patch onto one of Frankish's Gingerbread themes makes the clock and battery percentage text disappear (so a choice between white bar with no widgets, or black bar with no clock).

Thanks! :D

Edited by ~phil

Guest sorcie
i keep getting error wen i try to activate portable wifi hotspot

Any help?

Thank you

+1

worked fine in r10b, updated to r11 and now get error when trying to enable wifi hotspot.

Wiped cache but not done a full wipe.. trying to avoid that if possible :D

PS. USB tether still causes a reboot :D