FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest mickey megabyte
Any else getting an error preventing them from opening task manager? - "system is busy"

lots of times - SU related?

SU problems forced me to switch to SS :D

please fix these problems mr flibblesan sir, and i'll come back to your rom gladly!

Guest Paden

Hi all

Great work flibblesan, thanks for your time & patience!

Can I ask if anything has changed with the way this ROM handles Bluetooth compared to r10b?

Although the phone pairs with my car I am unable to make calls hands-free but can receive & dial directly from the handset (with speech carried over the car radio).

I had a similar experience with cm7 n25 which forced me to roll back.

I've tried clearing the data in "Bluetooth Share" (not sure if it's related) & have rebooted several times.

Things improved slightly when I disabled the "Media" profile (Under "Bluetooth devices" in "Settings) however as soon as the screen goes off on the phone calls can no longer be made hands-free.

Are others using Bluetooth hands-free successfully?

Any help appreciated :-)

Cheers, Paul

Guest reddwarfiscool
Is there any way of chaning the keyboard for this ROM without having to reflash the entire ROM? thanks

If you want an alternative keyboard, try the HTC_IME one. It's the best there is for the Android (speaking personally of course)

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-the-blade/

Just install the 2 x apk's and your are good to go.

It would be nice to see this keyboard in Froyo G2 rom as it makes texting so much easier

Edited by reddwarfiscool

Guest m_w_clarke
If you want an alternative keyboard, try the HTC_IME one. It's the best there is for the Android (speaking personally of course)

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-the-blade/

Just install the 2 x apk's and your are good to go.

It would be nice to see this keyboard in Froyo G2 rom as it makes texting so much easier

What' the big deal? There are loads of keyboards available on the market. Why should Flib include just one when the choice is there?

Including the stock keyboard is best for everyone.

Incidentally, I think the Gingerbread keyboard is the best. Its so quick and accurate.

Guest KACE_231

My favourite personally is the Touchpal Keyboard (though stock) it is very good, maybe you could include a few alternatives and let us decide? I manage to get it off the Android Market for free anyway

Edited by KACE_231

Guest mnsg1975

I tried to find an answer on the forum but I didn't succeeded.

When I disable the data I lost the network for some seconds. This is a know issue on this rom?

Thanks

Guest sads45
Any else getting an error preventing them from opening task manager? - "system is busy"

I also have this problem. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

Guest Paden
Hi all

Great work flibblesan, thanks for your time & patience!

Can I ask if anything has changed with the way this ROM handles Bluetooth compared to r10b?

Although the phone pairs with my car I am unable to make calls hands-free but can receive & dial directly from the handset (with speech carried over the car radio).

I had a similar experience with cm7 n25 which forced me to roll back.

I've tried clearing the data in "Bluetooth Share" (not sure if it's related) & have rebooted several times.

Things improved slightly when I disabled the "Media" profile (Under "Bluetooth devices" in "Settings) however as soon as the screen goes off on the phone calls can no longer be made hands-free.

Are others using Bluetooth hands-free successfully?

Any help appreciated :-)

Cheers, Paul

Hi all

Has anyone managed to fix this or found a work round?

I tried swapping the Bluetooth.apk from r10b which had previously worked for me but no luck.

Cheers, Paul

Edited by Paden

Guest veehexx
Hello!

Is it normal, that in mobile phone info under BUILD number "FLB-Froyo r10" is written, allthough I installed realease 11b?

mine says 'flb-froyo r11'. based on .zip file on SD card, thats 11b. the 'power control' widget has also changed from previous releases, so that should be another telltail sign (11b is solid black and alot bigger than 10b)

i am using the 11b and it is like 70-75% stable not that it creates lot of problem

but main screen FREEZES sometimes

the gesture touch movement of the app list or the app drawer is lil straight ie u have to touch or scroll the list straight not diagonal at all.

notepad crashed on me it says force close

the nexus live wallpaper (multicolor snake like) feels lil faded out dunno y..... it was good with the orange stock one

task manager says system busy try again.

its been like 15-20min for the 1st time with 11b nd i discovered all such issues but honestly its a great effort by the coder and i believe all this will improve :D

ok 1st is there any proximity sensor in BLADE?

Edited by vthl

Guest Mikeandme
Hello!

Is it normal, that in mobile phone info under BUILD number "FLB-Froyo r10" is written, allthough I installed realease 11b?

Mine definitely says "r11"

Guest DVDeus

One stupid thing; how to disable vibrating on new sms/mms in notifications? I am using 10b.

Thanks!

edit: just found out, it's a setting for each app using notif. bar..

Edited by DVDeus

Guest Phoenix Silver

installed r11b with stock dialer

so far rom seems perfect

run very smooth at 710 mhz

no bugs so far

no reboots

no FC

wifi works

3g works

gps works

battery life is amazing

in sleep mode lost 0% in 6h (setcpu min 122 max 245) (14% before sleep, 14% at wake up)

great job fibblesan :D

thank you

Guest DVDeus

Battery doesn't change a bit for me in R10 also. It can be over 10h over night (in flight or normal mode), and the percentage is still the same (let's say 15%). But it drops quite quickly when fully charged; it is almost impossible to have it more than 3 days with no surfing/playing/navigating, only calls and sms.

Guest mon3em

a bug ???????????

1 - FLB 11b on tft Gen1- touch screen dosen't work if i turn off the phone completely for 5 to 15 min then turn in on again .

i have to remove the battery and connect the charger .. start the phone without battery then turn off again n plug the battery so it work fine .

- now testing FLB 10b>same problem.

Test was without sim card .. now testing with sim card in.> same problem.

- Now testing orginal rom 2.1..... WORKING!!!!!!!!!

- Now Testing for longer time..........WORKING!!!!!!

- Now testing Swedish spring .....problem

now lost

i brought my phone without any sim card lock they sell it here in sweden so.

firmware 2.1 update1

baseband BNO_P729vb01

Kernal 2.6.29

Edited by mon3em

Guest Aurimas L.
a bug ???????????

1 - FLB 11b on tft Gen1- touch screen dosen't work if i turn off the phone completely for 5 to 15 min then turn in on again .

i have to remove the battery and connect the charger .. start the phone without battery then turn off again n plug the battery so it work fine .

- now testing FLB 10b>same problem.

Test was without sim card .. now testing with sim card in.> same problem.

- Now testing orginal rom 2.1..... WORKING!!!!!!!!!

- Now Testing for longer time..........WORKING!!!!!!

- Now testing Swedish spring .....problem

now lost

i brought my phone without any sim card lock they sell it here in sweden so.

firmware 2.1 update1

baseband BNO_P729vb01

Kernal 2.6.29

Same problem here. I have 0B10. Screen stops responding. Only removing battery solves the problem. It happens with all custom roms.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/335...0/#entry1646619

Guest KACE_231
Same problem here. I have 0B10. Screen stops responding. Only removing battery solves the problem. It happens with all custom roms.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/335...0/#entry1646619

I have a B10 aswell but the touchscreen works fine, also Ive noticed that when I turn the phone on the touchscreen is unresponsive for a short while (i.e. 1-2 seconds)

i am using the 11b and it is like 70-75% stable not that it creates lot of problem

but main screen FREEZES sometimes

the gesture touch movement of the app list or the app drawer is lil straight ie u have to touch or scroll the list straight not diagonal at all.

notepad crashed on me it says force close

the nexus live wallpaper (multicolor snake like) feels lil faded out dunno y..... it was good with the orange stock one

task manager says system busy try again.

its been like 15-20min for the 1st time with 11b nd i discovered all such issues but honestly its a great effort by the coder and i believe all this will improve :D

ok 1st is there any proximity sensor in BLADE?

EDIT1 : YEa i will stick to my initial reactions after using it for a FUll day

now

1st) major problem i find that Radio app is missing

please include the same i wont mind the one present in the blade but the suggested one really makes it freeze ( http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...or-zte-blade-sf )

plus u have to lock and unlock it again to make it work and it feels damm heavy even with overclocking

2nd) i would really like if possibly u can remove the home button in the bottom of app

3rd) power control sometime gets invisible

4th) if we remove that then i personally dont know how to put there again also i found the alignment a lil disturb (if i get the power controls again from the widgets and then put it anywhere) dunno y its upper lining is lil disturbed??

5th) app drawer sometime gets really unresponsive i just cant scroll

but as i said keep em coming ur doing an Excellent job

Edited by vthl

Guest retrocat

Hi flibblesan!

Thank you for the great work in froyo roms, I would like to report some bugs or unusal things in r11b. I switched from r6fixed yesterday and I did a full wipe and clean install. I only updated the rom with the thincircle mod before installing it via clockworkmod.

- wi-fi seems to drop more often after sleep as in r6, but it reconnects some time after wake up automatically (so far)

- I have a lot of problems with the superuser, it doesn't respond almost all the time to root requests, is there a chance that the included su.bin is outdated or not compatible? (This was also the case with r6)

- sometimes the widgets list freezes and cannot be scrolled O.o after restart it works again

- I can't turn off/on autosync via Extended controls now, it worked in r6

Except from these the rom is as fine as the r6 was :D

Current version: r11

Changelog

r11 - 21st March 2011

- Superuser and root fully fixed

- Custom kernel with BFS, BFQ, Smartass, overclock, CIFS, ext4, swap

- Google apps updated

- Notification pull-down widget modified

- ZTE Dialer version available

- Some system files updated to latest zte versions

Guest Carbonize
EDIT1 : YEa i will stick to my initial reactions after using it for a FUll day

now

1st) major problem i find that Radio app is missing

please include the same i wont mind the one present in the blade but the suggested one really makes it freeze ( http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...or-zte-blade-sf )

plus u have to lock and unlock it again to make it work and it feels damm heavy even with overclocking

2nd) i would really like if possibly u can remove the home button in the bottom of app

3rd) power control sometime gets invisible

4th) if we remove that then i personally dont know how to put there again also i found the alignment a lil disturb (if i get the power controls again from the widgets and then put it anywhere) dunno y its upper lining is lil disturbed??

5th) app drawer sometime gets really unresponsive i just cant scroll

but as i said keep em coming ur doing an Excellent job

1 - The radio app is not missing it has been purposely removed as it was draining the battery.

2 & 5 - Install a different launcher then