FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Wanderer71

Hi Fibblesan,

Thanks for all your hard work making the FLB rom.

I have really enjoyed using it.

I am really sorry to see the ROM decommisioned :-)

but I understand your reasons.

Tamas

r11 is the last version of this ROM. Times have changed and we have a brand new official ROM to build upon. FLB was built upon the leaked Chinese ROM with it's many bugs and whilst I've tried my best to fix everything, a lot still remain. Since I don't have the time to rebuild FLB from scratch using the new Swedish ROM I'm calling it a day.

If you want to update to a rom that has all the features FLB provided without the bugs then I really recommend installing Swedish Spring. It's great!

Since the main FLB-Froyo thread is very large I've created this thread for r10 upwards. Please do not post about any bugs or issues with any earlier versions. Keep it on topic.

Main release thread will be locked and a new release thread created for r11.

Guest Rotmann
Thanks for getting us this far with your ingenuity & patience!

Cheers, Paul

+1, great personality and a wonderful objective fair person. Sorry to see the FLB ROM getting dropped as it still is one of the best Blade ROMs with unique features and it is so highly optimized. But we have to respect your opinion. Thank you for making our Blades much better devices.

Guest joricae

just to add to the thanks for all your work an commitment to this

installed your rom when I got the SanFran and it made me look no further for any alternative

so I'm sorry for FLB ending but lloking forward to hearing from your work in the future

Hi there. Great job with this ROM. Loving it. Excellent battery life.

However I have a problem with bluetooth:

when phone goes to idle it disconnectsrhe bluetooth and it looses connection to my car system.

Any solution so that the bluetooth does not go off when the phone is in idle?

Thank you

Guest Paden
Hi there. Great job with this ROM. Loving it. Excellent battery life.

However I have a problem with bluetooth:

when phone goes to idle it disconnectsrhe bluetooth and it looses connection to my car system.

Any solution so that the bluetooth does not go off when the phone is in idle?

Thank you

Hi CECT

I had the same problem using r11, which wasn't present for me when using r10.

Couldn't find a solution & didn't want to roll back so moved over to Swedish_Spring which works great in this regard.

Good luck!

Cheers, Paul

Hi CECT

I had the same problem using r11, which wasn't present for me when using r10.

Couldn't find a solution & didn't want to roll back so moved over to Swedish_Spring which works great in this regard.

Good luck!

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the info.

I am moving on to Swedish Spring at this moment

Regards

Guest Phoenix Silver
Has anyone had a problem with phone rebooting itself when using google navigator ?

I am on 10b - I have it overclocked to 710MHZ and worked great for 2 weeks but first time I have really used Navigator/GPS for longer than 5 minutes and it rebooted.

Considering turning off overclock when using navigator. Any one else experienced this ? i have tried to search for this but nothing came back - thanks in advance

Also thanks to Fibblesan you have really made the phone a pleasure to use.

yes i had the same thing

solved in r11

Guest NickNuke33

Hey Fibblesan,

Wow your work is simply amazing!

I honestly don't know where I'd be without your ROM.

It is the ONLY rom I have used,

and it has allowed me to do everything and more on my phone.

I really wish to thankyou for your unbelievably, huge countribution to this community.

I hope that we hear from you soon,

whether it be your expert advice or an update on what your next endevour is.

All the best and take care,

Nick :D

Guest jonmac73

Just wanted to add my thanks to you for your hard work on this ROM & support - I installed it as soon as I got my phone couple of months ago and it was great.

Looking forward to your future work.

Am trying Sewdish Spring also for obvious reasons, but if any probs will not hesitate to re-flash FLB.

Thanks again

Guest DVDeus

Well, this all looks like a ending:) Thanks for everything you have done and sacrificed your own free time! I think you made those Blade really sharp;)

One problem that bothers me; if I turn on 2G/3G data packets, I cannot send MMS and I cannot browse using internal browser. I can receive MMS, and I can open Market or Gmail successfully. And both APN settings are correct, checked many times (I have also changed apns config in /etc, but no success). So, is anyone experienced similar problem? I am using R10, and with WiFi on I can browse.

Thanks!

Guest wrtease

IF THEIR WAS A HALL OF FAME FOR ROMS YOURS WOULD BE NO1 .THANKS FOR EVERYTHING .IM USING FLB AND WONT CHANGE AS THEIR AINT ANYTHING OUT THEIR AS STABLE AS FLB.YOU COULD ALWAYS COME OUT OF RETIREMENT AND PRODUCE A 2.4 ROM TO ADD TO YOUR HALL OF FAME ROM.GOOD LUCK FROM ALL THAT USE YOUR ROM.

Guest Daimaah
IF THEIR WAS A HALL OF FAME FOR ROMS YOURS WOULD BE NO1 .THANKS FOR EVERYTHING .IM USING FLB AND WONT CHANGE AS THEIR AINT ANYTHING OUT THEIR AS STABLE AS FLB.YOU COULD ALWAYS COME OUT OF RETIREMENT AND PRODUCE A 2.4 ROM TO ADD TO YOUR HALL OF FAME ROM.GOOD LUCK FROM ALL THAT USE YOUR ROM.

Capslock day called, wants their June 28th back.

Guest bujcri

"One last wish" FLB, please, can you post a working reboot.apk for swedish_spring? I tried a few apps, none of them as goog as your reboot.apk...

Guest spanner44

Thanks Fibblesan for all your Hard work, I have used your rom on both the pulse and on the San fran, it is the only one on here I have used, and hope that when i change to the others that they are as good and stable as yours.

Guest DVDeus
Well, this all looks like a ending:) Thanks for everything you have done and sacrificed your own free time! I think you made those Blade really sharp;)

One problem that bothers me; if I turn on 2G/3G data packets, I cannot send MMS and I cannot browse using internal browser. I can receive MMS, and I can open Market or Gmail successfully. And both APN settings are correct, checked many times (I have also changed apns config in /etc, but no success). So, is anyone experienced similar problem? I am using R10, and with WiFi on I can browse.

Thanks!

I've also found out, that 2G/3G works in Opera Mini, while not in internal browser. SpeedTest also works, so there is got to be the problem with the browser. Anyone else? Also not sending MMS is still an issue.

Thanks!

EDIT: I've found out that internal browser works if APNs' proxy is cleared. But MMS sending still doesn't work.

Edited by DVDeus

Guest styxxx

This is still the best ROM despite all the newer ones. I don't know, are others just sloppy? FLB you rule!

CM7 lacking wifi tethering, altho very promising, SS3 email app doesn't work with 2010 exchange server. Confirmed.

Edited by styxxx

Guest Luke2642

Yeah, it's a pretty fantastic ROM, fibs!

I've been using r11 for a week now, and I'm very happy. Good battery life, circle battery mod, tethering, and bluetooth & gps work well with multitasking.

I do find that the wifi switches off when sports tracker pro is uploading tracks, unless I keep the screen from sleeping. It's a small inconvenience, and confusing, because Youtube keeps on streaming audio with the screen off. Other than that, I'm more than overjoyed that sports tracker happily keeps recording bluetooth heart rate monitor & gps data even when switching between apps, sms, calls, etc. On JJ & CM7 it won't do that!

Thanks again :D

So you're saying RC4 is not very promising?

Au contraire. I'm saying, that CM7 doesn't lack wifi tethering anymore.

Edited by bhf