Guest Simon O

Guest JolyonS
huh no I didn't, I thought it was included like in the previous versions

This is bad, one more reboot is now needed after each update

I'd ask for a refund.

Guest targetbsp
huh no I didn't, I thought it was included like in the previous versions

This is bad, one more reboot is now needed after each update

Nah, you can flash extra apps at the same time (just not the themes). Or if maps is the only thing you want - you could just download it from the market.

Guest rembomy

Sometimes, but not always phone seems to disconnect from network for ~15 sec when coming back from sleep and turning wifi on again.

Also today my phone just lost connection with service provider for no reason when i was in a good reception area, this lasted max 1 minute, but i was trying to call, wifi was off this time but i woke the phone just up when this happened.

Didn't have any problems like this in r9b.

Also - good stuff, battery life seems far better than r9b after installation+calibration.

Guest jtc42
"And like a sinner before the gates of heaven I come crawling home back to you"..... Using CyanogenMod is like a constant uphill battle at the moment. I miss the days of beautiful vanilla stability.... The sleep animation is cool though... Ill miss that...

Ahhem ANYWAY! One thing I will ask though, is there any scope for porting over the new music app used in CM7? It's really much nicer than the 2.2 stock, only subtle changes but nice ones. Dunno how doable this is?

Anyway thanks for keeping up all the great work! :huh:

Oh also, the Gmail icon has reverted back to the old one even after reapplying the GB theme pack (after the Gmail update).

Guest vnecks
Will flashing 10b on top of 8a with no wipes preserve the current battery calibration data?

I hate to bump my own post but does anyone have the answer for this? It's the one thing stopping me upgrading at the moment.

I hate to bump my own post but does anyone have the answer for this? It's the one thing stopping me upgrading at the moment.

Yes it will, the only time I had to redo a calibration was when i accidentally flashed with my usb-cable plugged in.

Guest spaceguy

when i flashed the 10b file i stopped getting the HSDPA icon, why do you think this is the case? is there a way to to go back to 10 without flashing 10 all over again. and if not, can i flash 10 without wipe?

Guest moesasji
I flashed my phone with r10 and the Gingerbread theme pack (along with extras)

and i have terrible battery life!

15% down in 3 hours with no calling, no texts, everything turned off! :huh:

Please advise! I just bought the fone 2 days ago..

Thanks

As usual very difficult to tell as the battery life depends on things like how far from phone masts you are etc. However I went from 9b to 10b and so far also have the impression that the battery life is considerably worse. Recalibrating the battery has slightly improved it, but not by as much as I was hoping. I have the impression that for me the battery life with 10b is comparable to JJ9 that I tried for a short period, while 8a and 9b clearly were better. Could this purely be due to the changes implemented for the WIFI?

Guest Simon O

Since there isn't much different between r9b and r10b if you are finding battery life to be worse then try going back to r9b. It's possible that the changes to wifi have caused battery use to be worse since the wifi is correctly keeping alive as it should be, only disconnecting during sleep and reconnecting when woken.

Guest moesasji
Since there isn't much different between r9b and r10b if you are finding battery life to be worse then try going back to r9b. It's possible that the changes to wifi have caused battery use to be worse since the wifi is correctly keeping alive as it should be, only disconnecting during sleep and reconnecting when woken.

This change is probably indeed explaining the difference. For now I'll just keep an eye on it.

For now 10b does appear to have solved the problem of dropping the provider every now and then. Hence keep up the good work.

Guest jtc42

Sorry for the constant theme related questions, but I cant find anything else Id change about this ROM so Im just being picky >.<

Aside from the fact that the GB pack doesn't seem to skin notifications any more, is there no way to skin the browser icon as well as phone?

That, a notifications icon fix, and maybe including the new music app are the only things Id personally change/fix, so far (as usual) it's running fast, stable, efficient and generally wonderfully for me :huh:

Guest wookie16081965
installed r10 from r9b have a problem with launcher pro i cant back up my homescreen and settings says unable check sd card is available anybody got any ideas please

ive just fixed this myself you need to uninstall launcher pro then reinstall set up your home screen settings and everything else then do a backup worked for me

Guest Simon O
Sorry for the constant theme related questions, but I cant find anything else Id change about this ROM so Im just being picky >.<

Aside from the fact that the GB pack doesn't seem to skin notifications any more, is there no way to skin the browser icon as well as phone?

That, a notifications icon fix, and maybe including the new music app are the only things Id personally change/fix, so far (as usual) it's running fast, stable, efficient and generally wonderfully for me :huh:

I removed the code that changed the icons although I can't remember why I removed it now.. When I have some time over the weekend I'll look at it again and see if I remember why I removed it and add it back in along with updated themes containing the notification widget.

Guest jtc42
I removed the code that changed the icons although I can't remember why I removed it now.. When I have some time over the weekend I'll look at it again and see if I remember why I removed it and add it back in along with updated themes containing the notification widget.

Haha, as reasons go, forgetting why is a good one :huh: I know there was that big s**t-up with the Gmail update recently, maybe it was to do with that?

And yeah the notification thing would be cool, totally forgot about that >.<

Guest reddwarfiscool

Great rom! Using R10b

Moved from Pauls' rom and haven't looked back - I like the continuing development esp the power mod in the notification area.

Have read loads of posts but can't find an answer. I tried to create the circle battery mod for FLB at the Online Kitchen but it does not flash properly - must be something wrong with the current framework-res.apk file? I know Frankie has mods but I don't want to change colour scheme, which his does, as I like the white notification bar? Any thoughts anyone?

Edited by reddwarfiscool

Guest rutteger

Just reflashed, looks fine so far. No frills CPU a nice addition, not had chance to try the wifi fixes yet. Out of interest anyone confirm if apps like 'Blade Wifi Fix' are still required on this ROM?

Good work @Frankish with the gingerbread themes, good to see the power widget in the notification bar :huh:

Guest moesasji
Out of interest anyone confirm if apps like 'Blade Wifi Fix' are still required on this ROM?

For me the Wifi works fine without Blade Wifi Fix, so I would say it is not required.

Guest PeterDreher

Is that bar for jumping to certain text-letter only available in CM7?

This i not possible to achive in FLB-G2, right?

Please, see the 2 Screens Attached!

Thanks a lot

post-797348-1299107918_thumb.pngpost-797348-1299107907_thumb.png

Guest Hopelessness

Just installed R10 over my R9 install. Firstly, it did a data wipe for me, meaning I've lost everything without a chance to back it up. Not a huge problem for myself, just a note to others.

The actual problem I've got is that there appears to be no market. Done a couple of wipes and installs and it's not there. What .apk do I need to put in /system/app?

Ta, Phil

Guest Frankish
Just installed R10 over my R9 install. Firstly, it did a data wipe for me, meaning I've lost everything without a chance to back it up. Not a huge problem for myself, just a note to others.

The actual problem I've got is that there appears to be no market. Done a couple of wipes and installs and it's not there. What .apk do I need to put in /system/app?

Ta, Phil

It is there. Vending.apk.

Guest LordKickapoo

Hi!

Since there is now possibility to put power widget to status bar, is it somehow possible to change "shortcuts" or add more.

Guest talky

Question: Does this ROM fully support the Base Lutea (German Version of Blade with 5 mp camera)?

I will be getting one soon and want to put this ROM on it, but i want to make sure it works.

Guest tyrol_gangster

Can sb pls explain to me how does the currently included APP2SD solution work (I am using a card with EXT4 partition). Is there a way to control when an app is installed to Int/Ext? Quick System Info is showing me A2SD Storage 86/229MB free and Internal Storage only 30/208MB free, that would suggest many apps just stay in the phone and soon - although having a lot of free space on Ext - I will end up with low space on Int, unless I transfer some of the apps to SD Card Storage (FAT) using the standard Froyo method...

Guest jr866gooner
when i flashed the 10b file i stopped getting the HSDPA icon, why do you think this is the case? is there a way to to go back to 10 without flashing 10 all over again. and if not, can i flash 10 without wipe?

Would like to know this too...I used to see it but nowadays I dont lol