FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest am1981
At the moment my battery life is showing at 36% and it has been 3 days 50 mins and 36 secs since unplugged.

This is with quite a few phone calls and texts being used.

This is with a fresh build of R10 and I have the juicedefender running in default mode.

WOW. I'm looking for a new rom to switch to due to battery life issues.

I'm currently using JJ9 and i'm sick of having to recharge every day.

Is there any issues on this ROM with T mobile users and intenet access?

thanks

Guest dibbles

thanks

I do not know specifically of any issues with that network as I use an Asda sim but I couldn't think of an issue providing that you have your APN's set correctly. As I just configure my APN for MMS messages I use Wi-Fi only for my Internet access on the phone.

I had the JJ9 ROM before this one but as I had only just bought the phone I did not test its battery performance enough before I changed to this ROM, which I like very much. Maybe running juicedefender is also having an influence with my battery usage..?

I have not needed to access the Internet and so not had the Wi-Fi on over this period. I wanted to "test" the battery usage on just normal use, just phone and texts.

It suggests that I might get to 4 days use.

Guest JimJam707

thanks

Nope. I gave this ROM ago and T-Mobile worked perfectly.

No unlock needed or anything as the ROM does it itself.

Guest am1981
Nope. I gave this ROM ago and T-Mobile worked perfectly.

No unlock needed or anything as the ROM does it itself.

Cool, thanks for replies, looking forward to trying this tonight!

Guest EarL007
Flash player 10.1 isn't downloading on official site it says download not found

If it can be downloaded, it won't work, because the Blade's (and XCD35's, 003Z's and so on...) ARMv6 CPU doesn't support Flash.

Edited by EarL007

Guest targetbsp
Does anyone genuinely find it lasts 3 days with light usage or something?

18 hours unplugged... 92% battery remaining. No calls or gaming - just several minutes internet use so yeah with light use it's gonna last several days. It's just it's not going to go several days with such little use. :( It generally lasts 2 or 3 days in my normal use though - which must be a lot lighter than a lot of people here!

Guest Tinsel
I'll upload the zte dialer & contacts in an update along with another update to restore the Froyo stock dialer & contacts.

Edit: Updates added to the first page. They are test updates so I'll be keeping them on the first page on this thread.

Hi Flibblesan,

Great release, thanks.

Two comments/issues:

1) its great that you are looking to have a package to add back the stock ZTE dialer. I find any phone without T9 is pretty much unusable. Previously I had been running your R8 with Dialler 1....but you then have to add Launcher pro to make Dialler 1 the default dialler as changing the dialler default isnt possible in Android 2.2.... so a lot of the benefits of 2.2 go up the swanee......Ideally I want R10 with the minimum of ad-ons to keep the normal operation as close to stock Android as possible, or at very least as close to stock Android with the ZTE dialler as possible. But I get the same error on trying to load your zip file as the others. UK/3.3mp/TFT/clockwork 2.5.0something.

2) when you came out with r9 you very kindly added added a zip for me to bring back the Video icon (I used this on R8 and all worked as intended). Great ! This also works under r10, but I was wondering if you will add it into the main version rather than having to patch.

Many thanks,

Tinsel

Guest ogilviea
Second time in one evening :( - same symptoms.

OK, so I have eliminated SetCPU and CacheCleaner NG as possible culprits. The problems (superuser hang, and su binary version reported as "v%s") just happened again (fifth time in 2 days :( ) with neither app installed and after a re-flash of the "update" package.

This is becoming a major pain in the butt. Am I really the only one seeing this?

I guess next step is to re-flash r10b after a wipe to see if this resolves the problem...

Guest Saransh Agarwal
If it can be downloaded, it won't work, because the Blade's (and XCD35's, 003Z's and so on...) ARMv6 CPU doesn't support Flash.

This is really bad

This a setback in the phone

Guest Len Ash
This is really bad

This a setback in the phone

Probably the highest profile "issue" (or "non-issue") by volume mentioned in the Blade forums - and you missed every single one. Well done.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Frankish
Probably the highest profile "issue" (or "non-issue") by volume mentioned in the Blade forums - and you missed every single one. Well done.

Sarcasm ftw! :(

Guest twatter
Yep. Already added in for the next release whenever it will be. Theres an update floating around that will protect you against this too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=977154

Looking forward to it....

I'm currently running r10b and have had not any issues....

I installed Kasperskey mobile security......really for the remote lock, remote wipe and the tracking functions if my phone is lost or stolen....but I have found that these functions do not work?

Block: on ... did not work... ignored the SMS text message (default home screen?)

GP Find: on ... did not work...ignored SMS text message

This seems a shame as kaspersky is a goodish name.....

Can any one else confirm this issue...I'm not sure where the issue resides

I hope this helps

T

Notes:- for other, if you have a Barclays current account, mobile internet and desktop security using kaspersky is free

Edited by twatter

Guest Tainlorn

Have just flashed the 10b rom after using Pauls for a week, just for a change :(

Had the problem of the phone getting cut off when wifi was turned on, but that seems to have gone away now. Will report back if it reapers.

Wifi connection seems strong and stable as it was in Pauls rom, no problems at home or the office so far. Cant comment of battery life yet as the phone is still pretty new to me and im still playing all the time, that and the wife has just discovered angry birds :(

Ive not installed the extras pack as i only wanted Maps, so ive got that from the market. GPS seems fine BTW.

Is there any way i can get the stock keyboard back? Gingerbread one is nice and i love it on my Vega, but i seem to be making huge amount of mistakes on my Blade :)

Oh and this is an Orange San Francisco TFT with 3.2mp camera.

Guest ogilviea
I guess next step is to re-flash r10b after a wipe to see if this resolves the problem...

...which is what I did. Had one superuser hang already (less than 2 hours after re-flashing), and the "v%s" problem is back again <sigh> . However, at least this time I was able to kill the superuser task when it hung - which is progress, based on experiences of the last 2 days!!

Still very annoying though. Not annoying enough (yet) to go back to JJ though...

Guest SqueakyG
Hi what is the quickest and easiest way to upgrade from r9b?

Thanks

Install the r10b zip with clockworkmod. No data/cache wipe needed. I think the r10b extras zip can be installed at the same time before rebooting too.