FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest vnecks

For some reason my phone seems to hate this ROM. I've been getting a lot of random reboots (2-3 a day with light phone use) always when I'm using the touch screen. Most noticeable during Wordfeud when I'm dragging the letters or board around, though I've had it reboot in the camera app and just scrolling through the settings app and several times whilst using the gingerbread keyboard.

This was on both 8a and 10b installed with a full wipe using Seb's 3.0.0.5 and the reboots actually seemed more frequent on 10b. The screen wasn't just dropping straight to black before rebooting either, it would freeze for a second or two and show some slight corruption. I at first put this down to a possible hardware fault with the phone so I swapped back to the stock ROM to investigate further and so far (many hours use) it seems to be stable.

I'll continue to use it like this for a few days to see if the problem appears but is there any possible reason my phone would have an issue with this ROM?

It's an Orange branded San Francisco (TFT) that came flashed with official B8.

Guest Len Ash
For some reason my phone seems to hate this ROM. I've been getting a lot of random reboots (2-3 a day with light phone use) always when I'm using the touch screen. Most noticeable during Wordfeud when I'm dragging the letters or board around, though I've had it reboot in the camera app and just scrolling through the settings app and several times whilst using the gingerbread keyboard.

This was on both 8a and 10b installed with a full wipe using Seb's 3.0.0.5 and the reboots actually seemed more frequent on 10b. The screen wasn't just dropping straight to black before rebooting either, it would freeze for a second or two and show some slight corruption. I at first put this down to a possible hardware fault with the phone so I swapped back to the stock ROM to investigate further and so far (many hours use) it seems to be stable.

I'll continue to use it like this for a few days to see if the problem appears but is there any possible reason my phone would have an issue with this ROM?

My 2nd phone is a TFT B08 and runs R9 fine. Never tried R10 as there appears to be a few "issues". And TBH R9 does everything I want reliably. With a few "tweaks" of my own of course.

Guest thriddle

Just wanted to say that I'm one of those getting much better battery life on this compared to 9b or any previous ROM. Today with light use I've gone from 100% to 83% over the course of 13 h. So at this rate, I would expect about 3 days of battery life. Not sure why this ROM is better, but I like it! Thanks flibblesan!

Guest Len Ash
Just wanted to say that I'm one of those getting much better battery life on this compared to 9b or any previous ROM. Today with light use I've gone from 100% to 83% over the course of 13 h. So at this rate, I would expect about 3 days of battery life. Not sure why this ROM is better, but I like it! Thanks flibblesan!

Shouldn't be any different. I get a respectable battery life from the 3 main FroYo ROMs.

CM7 is a different kettle of fish ATM

Guest Nick Rhodes
I think I've found a bug:

On wake, phone restores wifi connection but kills 3g and 2g radio, rather than just 3g.

Details:

Let phone go to sleep with wifi turned on.

Wifi turns off (expected).

Wake phone, 3g activates, then a few seconds later Wifi activates and 3g is deactivated (expected) but also 2g is killed.

In order to restore telephony connection, I need to deactivate and reactivate wifi.

R10b, installed after full wipe, coming from JJ9. Blade wifi fix app not installed.

Yup, I get this on occasion still, with R10 I only get it once a day, whereas R9 it was every 3 or 4 times.

A quicker way to restore your GSM connection it to hit your power button twice.

Cheers, Nick

Guest ogilviea
For some reason my phone seems to hate this ROM. I've been getting a lot of random reboots (2-3 a day with light phone use) always when I'm using the touch screen.

I'm afraid I have to report similar problems. And just when I had come to terms with having to regularly clear the data for the superuser app to avoid the hangs <sigh>

Looking forward to r11 already :(

Guest Len Ash
I'm afraid I have to report similar problems. And just when I had come to terms with having to regularly clear the data for the superuser app to avoid the hangs <sigh>

Looking forward to r11 already :(

Why would SU be such a big deal?

Guest ogilviea
Why would SU be such a big deal?

Because I'm getting sick of my Titanium backups failing. Now the phone is rebooting 1-2 times per day. I don't know which is worse, but this rom is so promising that I'm willing to hold on to see if r11 is an improvement. I have every confidence in flibblesan :(

Guest vnecks

It's not like I've installed any additional applications which could cause the phone to reboot either. Dropbox and Wordfeud are the only things I've touched and I've tried it without those and it still happened :(

Guest KopCity

When is this WIFI issue going to be sorted?I hate it when my phone goes idle,then boom! wifi disconnects,why cant it be on all the time??

Guest justinsm

I upgraded to r10b+extras yesterday (from r9, which was full clean install) on an OSF-TFT. I fully charged the device (which is 2 weeks old), then played with it for 15 minutes or so.

I put it to sleep last night and 14h later, with 0 usage, the battery was at 10%. Wifi was on when I put it to sleep (which I don't normally do). This seemed surprising.

I have 3g switched off and only use 2g. Barely any extra apps except Google Listen (which won't play anything that it downloads BTW - it does seem pretty crap, so that might be normal behaviour).

No other problems so far. I like it.

Guest ovolactohippo
I have 3g switched off and only use 2g. Barely any extra apps except Google Listen (which won't play anything that it downloads BTW - it does seem pretty crap, so that might be normal behaviour).

It's not normal behaviour - I really like google listen (it's simple and just works, unlike all other podcast apps i have tried) - unfortunately it doesn't work with a lot of the blade ROMs (as in it does what you experienced - will only download one thing at a time then messes itself up)

Guest jansenf

Hi flibblesan, thanks for good work.

But the file download site cannot be accessed from China. would you please set up a mirror site so that I can download your ROM?

Thanks. :(

Guest jr866gooner

Does anyone else see the H symbol showing the 3.5G signal?.... I dont seem to see it anymore since switching to this Rom..

Guest m_w_clarke
When is this WIFI issue going to be sorted?I hate it when my phone goes idle,then boom! wifi disconnects,why cant it be on all the time??

Because, if you bothered to search, you will see that this is NORMAL Froyo behaviour!

If you want the wifi to stay on whilst the screen is off, without the power cable being plugged in, then you need to get something like wifi fix or such like. But be prepared for your battery to take a hammering, as this prevent the (normal) behaviour of the phone sleeping.

Guest tonydl

I'd like to use app2sd to have more app space available. I understand that that's somehow already enabled in this rom. I just need to create a second primary ext3 partition (512-1024mb?) and everything works? Or how can I enable this feature then?

Sorry if my question is noobish, I've read the FAQ post but it's gonna be the first time I am going to use this.

Thanks!

Guest Qwertzycoatl
I'd like to use app2sd to have more app space available. I understand that that's somehow already enabled in this rom. I just need to create a second primary ext3 partition (512-1024mb?) and everything works? Or how can I enable this feature then?

Sorry if my question is noobish, I've read the FAQ post but it's gonna be the first time I am going to use this.

Thanks!

A2SD is nabled on this rom by default and you have the option to move files to SD card from within your application management :(

Guest FrankyG

Hi,

Great work on the rom, like it a lot.

I've also downloaded and installed Gingerbread theme pack for r10/r10b from the other thread - but not sure what has actually changed?! Can someone point me in the direction where to look for the the theme pack does?

I think it changed the top notification bar (Can I go back the original?)

Also, Copilot now doesn't seem to go full screen, is that a result of the theme pack?

is there a way to un-install the theme pack altogether?

Regards,

FrankyG

Guest vnecks

So after posting all this yesterday, the problems have now appeared while running the stock ROM. So it seems to a problem with the hardware rather than any of the ROMs :/

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Hi,

Great work on the rom, like it a lot.

I've also downloaded and installed Gingerbread theme pack for r10/r10b from the other thread - but not sure what has actually changed?! Can someone point me in the direction where to look for the the theme pack does?

I think it changed the top notification bar (Can I go back the original?)

Also, Copilot now doesn't seem to go full screen, is that a result of the theme pack?

is there a way to un-install the theme pack altogether?

Regards,

FrankyG

The theme basically skins the OS, adds some icons too I think.

If you want the original widget then you can replace the services.jar from the original rom and reflash the theme (this should leave the widget untouched)

To uninstall the theme pack you need to reinstall the ROM, you can just flash over the top....no need to wipe ec so your stuff will stay in tact :(

Guest PeteBest

Getting a lot of FCs when opening up SetCPU. Same version (2.10) worked perfectly everytime on JJ8, anyone else getting this problem? I wiped and cleared all caches and went straight to r10 with no restore via titanium etc

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Getting a lot of FCs when opening up SetCPU. Same version (2.10) worked perfectly everytime on JJ8, anyone else getting this problem? I wiped and cleared all caches and went straight to r10 with no restore via titanium etc

Did it request SU rights when you run it or doesn't it get that far?

Might be worth trying to wipe the stored values for SU then retry SetCPU