FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Rooster#1
how long should this take on first boot after flashing?

its my first flash so be gentle.

it backed up and flashed fine, but now stuck on a looping animation for the past 30mins of rgby particles whizzing in and converging in the middle.

original post said first boot would be slow and sluggish, but this seems too slow.

am i kippered?

Did you clear the cache ? Mine did this until the penny dropped :(

Guest tonydl
Use the standard Froyo Apps2SD in Settings-Applications-Manage apps

That's what I'm using but still I don't have enough free space - there are apps like Maps that I can't move and the most apps keep some mb left on the internal storage.

I thought I could use a ext3 partition to avoid this?

Guest TouchyAndalou

Hello. I just flashed this rom after using Japanese Jellyfish for a couple of weeks and also downloaded the extras pack. I noticed the no-frills CPU control and wanted to know whether people considered overclocking beneficial to this mod?

And if so, is 710 MHz the ideal compromise between speed and stability? Any replies on this are much appreciated, cheers.

Guest targetbsp
And if so, is 710 MHz the ideal compromise between speed and stability? Any replies on this are much appreciated, cheers.

It's more a case of what can your particular phone do before it crashes. 710 merely seems a common limit. Yours may go higher or not as high. You'll just have to try it.

Guest Fou-lu

hey, now i randomly get boot loop sometimes, reboot phone twice a day and 50/50 chance of it happening, but now just got twice in a row and it's starting to get scary, anyone know how to fix this?

can still use lock screen, but just plays boot animation, battery pull helps.

Guest rak007

Wanted to know what changes would i observe after i apply the gingerbread theme pack ?

One thing that has already been pointed out flibblesan is that the widgets in notifications bar will go away.

But what other changes can i expect ?

Please enlighten me as this will decide whether i should flash the GB theme or not.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by rak007

Guest probals

Hi Guys,

This is my 1st custom ROM. I am loving the experience, except that I have one problem.

My Messaging app keeps getting the foll FC msg: "The appln Messaging (process.com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Pl try again."

I have tried some of the steps mentioned around the forums incl deleting all threads and installing a diff msg app (Handcent SMS). Handcent SMS also gives a similar FC msg (with process.com.handcent.nextsms in this case).

I am at a wit's end. Pl help.

Flashing b/g:

Flashed from Stock using manual clockwork.

Had used Titanium backup to backup and restore data and apps.

EDIT -- I performed a full wipe (factory + cache) before putting in the ROM

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Edited by probals

Guest handyandy

Hey guys, I'm a user of this rom in China, gotta say this is definitely becoming my favorite rom of all time :(

However gps doesnt seem to work on this rom, this problem didnt exist in the previous versions. I would be really appreciated if anyone can help me here,

It's not a critical problem, I can keep silent and wait for the next release as well , :(

Thx again for all, your effort really enables me to make the most/ best use out of this phone!

Guest handyandy
Hi Guys,

This is my 1st custom ROM. I am loving the experience, except that I have one problem.

My Messaging app keeps getting the foll FC msg: "The appln Messaging (process.com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Pl try again."

I have tried some of the steps mentioned around the forums incl deleting all threads and installing a diff msg app (Handcent SMS). Handcent SMS also gives a similar FC msg (with process.com.handcent.nextsms in this case).

Flashing b/g:

Flashed from Stock using manual clockwork.

Had used Titanium backup to backup and restore data and apps.

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Hey there, did you wipe system data before flashing this rom (in recovery mood)? or you can try "Factory data reset"

I'm using the same rom and don't have this problem, so better check if your settings are wrong or any file is missing

btw, always prefer handcent sms :(

Cheers

Guest probals
Hey there, did you wipe system data before flashing this rom (in recovery mood)? or you can try "Factory data reset"

I'm using the same rom and don't have this problem, so better check if your settings are wrong or any file is missing

btw, always prefer handcent sms :(

Cheers

Hi,

Yes, I did a full wipe (factory data & cache) before installing the ROM. Anything else you can think of?

Thanks

Guest rak007

Whenever i do a network search, i see numbers (some code for network name) instead of english network names and hence cannot choose the network properly and have to rely on preferred network thing. Is this expected ??

Guest Hpman48
Does anyone have issues with downloading bigger application (above 5 Mbyte) via market (2.3.3) ? Updating Maps or a fresh download of Skype stopped directly after start of the download. This happens also with a fresh installation of R10b. It is also independent of the network, neither wlan nor mobile networks works.

Could the small cache partition be a problem ? I have only 4.5 MB with 3.4 MB free.

Hpman48

Found another guy with different phone having same issue but it starts with bigger files.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=960311

New market version (2.3.4) didnt fix this, clearing cache etc. didnt help.

Who knows where the market app stores the files that i can verify that there is enough space. I'm currently out of ideas how to solve this ...

Thanks Hpman48

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Hi,

Yes, I did a full wipe (factory data & cache) before installing the ROM. Anything else you can think of?

Thanks

Did you restore your messaging app form 2.1?

Restoring apps from 2.1 to 2.2 will often cause FC's on apps :(

Guest travellerscross

After a few days of using 10b I am much happier now. I did find one thing though which was to do with the battery consumption. One minute it would say I am at 57% and net thing I found out I was at 43%. It felt that the battery gauge wasn't working as it should have done. So I did the total drastic thing. I drained the blinking thing till the battery was 0%.

Drained it totally and then recharged too a 100% Since then not a problem, the battery is more efficient in terms of it's percentage, much better in lasting and is spot on in terms of saying how much juice is left in the battery. I did the same to the missus's san fran and again it's running more smoothly. Just thought I'd let you know.

So far I haven't had a problem in terms of apps I have been using, Handcent Diarler one, Swype etc etc. The only two small glitches were that the android market lost all my listing off apps? Which confused me, and Rom manager. The Rom manager when you use it drains the battery so fast it's scary. On the whole I have only had one boot up issue which I have mentioned earlier on in here.

Oh that reminds me....

Notification Ringtones

On JJ9 when you go through your ringtones and notification tones - for ringtones the listing would come up as "Ringtone" & notifications as 'Notifications'

now on 10b

both come up as 'Ringtones' is that a glitch or something that can be edited in the files?

Thanks for the good work so far, I look forward to seeing this getting better and better

Guest rak007

@travellerscross

If i understood you correctly, you used your phone to extract full juice out of it till the battery level dropped to zero, eventually shutting down the phone.

Then you again charged back the phone till 100%

This thing worked for you to show battery levels proper.

My query is that, did u keep you phone turned off when you charged it from 0% to 100% ??

Guest ian_c_here
Hi Guys,

I had exactly the same problem which I eventually tracked down to what I believe was a corrupted mmssms.db file.

My solution:

1 I backed up messages to gmail using SMS Backup+

2. Using root explorer I navigated to: data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases

3. Rename mmssms.db to mmssms.old.

4. Exit and reboot phone.

It is probable unwise to restore old messages back into the app, though I have not tried this.

Hope this helps

Guest arunssed

Hi Guys,

Been noticing the blue tint on my OLED after I flashed it with 10b. Was previously on the Stock Orange ROM. Is there anyway I can get this fixed?

Guest travellerscross
@travellerscross

If i understood you correctly, you used your phone to extract full juice out of it till the battery level dropped to zero, eventually shutting down the phone.

Then you again charged back the phone till 100%

This thing worked for you to show battery levels proper.

My query is that, did u keep you phone turned off when you charged it from 0% to 100% ??

Hey Rak,

Yes, I used all the juice till there was nothing left off the battery. It went to 0% on mine. ( well both of the phones I did this to ) which as you pointed out shuts down the phone eventually. Then I recharged it till 100%.

Yes it shown me the proper battery levels. For example. Before I drained the battery, I would use the Dialer one for the phone. It would show the battery level as let's say 77% and then wouldn't change at all. Then when I used another app it would suddenly change and say the battery is at 56%. I knew the app I clicked on wouldn't drain that much. So to me, the battery level wasn't correct and was all over the place.

Since I have drained the battery totally, and recharged it with the phone switched on ( due to not wanting to miss a call) I just let the phone go to sleep as it does when you don't use it and let it recharge. With both phones, I have found the battery level % to be more smoother and correct. Smoother in the extent that it would drain the battery correctly for the apps you use, and be correct. (if that makes sense?)

I have also found it not to be draining quickly now, it's as if draining the battery acts like a reset of sorts and then is correct afterwards. That's the best I can explain it. The battery seems to be better and more accurate now on both of the phones. So when it says 77% you know it is actually 77% rather than something else.

I hope that's helped...

Guest probals
Did you restore your messaging app form 2.1?

Restoring apps from 2.1 to 2.2 will often cause FC's on apps :(

This must have been the problem coz I did a fresh flash after clearing the cache / settings and Messaging is working well now.

Thanks for the responses guys (@Qwertzycoatl, @ian_c_here, @handyandy)

Cheers!

Guest probals

Another glitch i noticed -- The gingerbread keyboard when used in messaging or emails, etc. -- it is very difficult to insert smileys. The default one, :-) is fine, but if u want any other smiley u have to hold the key down and drag your finger to the one you want. Lot of room for mistakes and cumbersome too.

I personally preferred the stock Touchpal one.

Anyone else facing this issue?

Thx.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Another glitch i noticed -- The gingerbread keyboard when used in messaging or emails, etc. -- it is very difficult to insert smileys. The default one, :-) is fine, but if u want any other smiley u have to hold the key down and drag your finger to the one you want. Lot of room for mistakes and cumbersome too.

I personally preferred the stock Touchpal one.

Anyone else facing this issue?

Thx.

It's not a glitch it's by design.

Yes there is room for error but in all fairness, if you are using a smiley then it's not likely to be an important business contact you are texting or emailing :(

I rather like the function, it stops having to press another button to see a screen of smilies only to have to pick one and revert back.

You could always install touchpal and remove the gingerbread keyboard or just don't use it :(

Guest probals
It's not a glitch it's by design.

Yes there is room for error but in all fairness, if you are using a smiley then it's not likely to be an important business contact you are texting or emailing :(

I rather like the function, it stops having to press another button to see a screen of smilies only to have to pick one and revert back.

You could always install touchpal and remove the gingerbread keyboard or just don't use it :(

Ok. Thx mate.

Can you tell me how I would install touchpal, coz I tried to restore it from Titanium Backup but nothing happened, although it said that the restore was completed.

Apologise for the noob question.

Cheers!

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Ok. Thx mate.

Can you tell me how I would install touchpal, coz I tried to restore it from Titanium Backup but nothing happened, although it said that the restore was completed.

Apologise for the noob question.

Cheers!

If you search for CooTek in the market place you will find it.

Don't worry about the Chinese symbols it works absolutely fine in English :(

Then go into your settings and Language and Keyboard.

You can set it up there.

then long press in an input field (text message or email) and choose it as your default input method :(

Nice and easy Touchpal :)