FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Installed r11 (Stock Dialer) over r10b, and everything seems to be working okay. Facebook contact linking seems to be enabled again, and the only issue I've ran into is that applying the Notification Widget patch onto one of Frankish's Gingerbread themes makes the clock and battery percentage text disappear (so a choice between white bar with no widgets, or black bar with no clock).

Thanks! :D

Apply the notification patch before a theme.

Guest Nick Rhodes

Only issue I've had so far is adfree is very slow and frequently get a force close or wait dialog. Rebooting has not helped.

I did a full wipe before install.

Battery life looks superior to R10 so far, but will leave to drain right down as know the indicator not always accurate.

Cheers, Nick

Guest Sighn

Yeah, battery life has clearly improved in r11b. r10b was already good in that respect so I really appreciate the extra work Flibblesan has put into r11b to extend battery life even further.

Using the custom FM Radio, if installed, causes touch-screen issues: fiddling around with the radio's on-screen settings (eg. volume) results in the screen becoming unresponsive after a few seconds. Locking the phone then unlocking puts the touch sense back to normal. This happens with all the versions that I tried (FM Radio 0.1 to 0.5).

I'm not sure if this could be an issue with r11b or the custom Radio (or myself :D ) because the aforementioned versions worked fine with r10b.

Guest Rasped

@Flibblesan

Off topic

Now that you found money to a HTC Desire, can I expect to get my money back from the 3 phones I ordered through you but never got?

Guest Richard Harnwell
+1

worked fine in r10b, updated to r11 and now get error when trying to enable wifi hotspot.

Wiped cache but not done a full wipe.. trying to avoid that if possible :D

PS. USB tether still causes a reboot :D

I get an error when attempting to turn on wifi hotspot too, and I did a full wipe.

I have done a Titanium restore so I did wonder if it had restored any settings that were not compatible with r11, but it sounds like this is more of a general problem.

Guest CodeThief

I too am unable to use the WiFi hotspot since doing a full wipe and flashing r11, it just says "Error" when trying to turn on the function.

I also used Titanium backup to restore my previous apps etc ...

Dave

Guest stunned
i keep getting error wen i try to activate portable wifi hotspot

Any help?

Thank you

+1

This is my first custom rom but I tried to follow instuctions and wiped before install. Also zte dialer version FC when tried to call, stock dialer works great, only the wifi hotspot error problem. Internet works well through wigi and 3g.

Great ROM :D

Guest toastie99

When i press the power button to wake the phone, the home screen briefly flashes onscreen before i see the unlock screen. Anyone get this?

Guest CodeThief
When i press the power button to wake the phone, the home screen briefly flashes onscreen before i see the unlock screen. Anyone get this?

I had that in r10b but haven't noticed it in r11 yet.

Guest KACE_231

Hi I am new to this and I want to upgrade my stock ROM to your latest one, but I am concerned about any bugs. Could someone tell me if there are any bugs in the use of the :

-Internet

-Camera

-General Phone (i.e. dialer, contacts, SMS)

-App installation/certain apps

-WiFi/3G

-Music Player

-Homescreen, Launcher, Security Lock, and general functions like sleep mode?

thanks alot

Guest toastie99
Cheers. I'll give it a try.

Hmmm...tried r11 but still the same. Works fine with the 2.1 build i'm using but it happens with all the Froyo builds i have tried. Very annoying. :-(

Guest Simon O
Hmmm...tried r11 but still the same. Works fine with the 2.1 build i'm using but it happens with all the Froyo builds i have tried. Very annoying. :-(

yeah it happens with all the froyo builds. Absolutely no idea why.

Anybody willing to test an update to see if it fixes the wifi/usb tethering for you please? It'll be using the stock dialer until I can get the zte one working without crashing.

See this link

Guest wookie16081965
yeah it happens with all the froyo builds. Absolutely no idea why.

Anybody willing to test an update to see if it fixes the wifi/usb tethering for you please? It'll be using the stock dialer until I can get the zte one working without crashing.

See this link

link not working think you was trying link t o this hope you dont mind

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/335...-gen1/page/140/ post 145

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest wookie16081965
Any else getting an error preventing them from opening task manager? - "system is busy"

just tried that did it system busy did it again straight away and worked fine

Guest ruzina

Videocam not working with this r10, any idea how to get it to work again?

It opens fine but when pressing the record button, nothin really happens ??

Guest KACE_231
just tried that did it system busy did it again straight away and worked fine

yeah it works for me now, after several attempts though

Videocam not working with this r10, any idea how to get it to work again?

It opens fine but when pressing the record button, nothin really happens ??

video camera works fine for me, though using r11

Hi!

My Blade doesn't reconnect to WIFI after sleep with the new R11. I've got to dis-/reenable WIFI manually. It did reconnect with R10b flawlessly (which was the reason to switch from JJ9). I didn't wipe yet.

Anybody else, or is it just me? Can I help with some logs?

Cheers,

Andreas

Edited by Guest

Guest Mikeandme
Any else getting an error preventing them from opening task manager? - "system is busy"

Yes. Stock dialer. [Edit - but after a second try seems fine. - Odd!]

Edited by Mikeandme