Bricked it by unlocking

Guest brightroar

Guest alwyn
which rom are you trying to flash and which version of clockworkmod are you running.

i found out that due to updater script changes 3.0.6 can flash cyanogen, but i couldnt get it to flash MCR rom so i used CM manager 2.8 i think.

I couldn't install 3.0.0.6 whatever method I tried, so in the end had to go with 2.5.1.8, you might want to try that.

Recovery manager 0.29b + 2.5.1.8, after the phone has been rooted with UniversalAndroot v1.6.1. I'am using 3 with full reception, and the ROM I'am using is FLB-Froyo G2 by fibblesan.

Why bother booting up in Clockworkrecovery when you can install the ROM using recovery manager ??

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The-One

I solved a problem like this in another phone i got some time ago by setting up a pin code on the sim card, sounds rather idiotic but it worked. :huh:

Edited by The-One

Guest SqueakyG

Replying to things raised by your videos brightroar. But I think you will have sorted most of this out by now. I'm the wall-of-text guy by the way. Ready for another? :huh:

The best thread to get a step-by-step guide on rooting/clockworkmod/ROM installation would probably be this: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-the-zte-blade/ But you don't really need it now you have done it yourself!

MD5 is a long code that is generated by a file. This means that if a file is different than it is supposed to be - even by a single byte - the MD5 code will not be the same. It's a good way to check that your downloaded files are not corrupt. Threads on this forum that offer download links will include the correct MD5 next to the download link. You should check that your downloaded file matches this. How to check? The thread I mentioned above tells you how to do it.

Universal Androot and RecoveryManager are apps that aren't available on the Android Market. You have to download the APK files from the internet. Universal Androot has a website, and RecoveryManager is available in a thread here. Note that you don't need either of them now!

To allow apps from unknown sources: Go to the Settings app, choose "Applications" from the list, and check the box for "Unknown sources".

You can put files anywhere on your SD card. Clockworkmod lets you choose where to find your files. Here's a random tip while I'm here: if you ever want to add mp3 ringtones and stuff to your phone, you can make folders on your SD card called Ringtones, Notifications and Alarms. Android then merges your sounds into the correct lists if they are in these folders.

Anyway, all of this is just for your interest if you want to know how stuff works. Your problem is almost certainly a BROKEN HANDSET. I have also suffered the extreme annoyance of taking something back to a shop and it works when you demonstrate it to the salespeople. If you wish to try another Orange shop (or wait til the "successful" shop gets more stock), remember to revert your phone to the stock Orange ROM or they might not take it back. If you didn't make a backup in clockworkmod before installing the new ROM, you can find the original Orange ROM somewhere on the forum and install it the same way.

Edited by SqueakyG

Guest brightroar

SqueakyG -

Thanks so much for the explanations and that guide, I'm starting to feel a lot less lost with this now. Disheartening getting a dodgy handset for my first try but I now know way more about it than if it'd all just worked first time. You and the other guys in this thread rock :huh:

If I ever get a working handset I'm gonna be all over it like a boss.

Guest lituison

Last chance saloon: try poking the sim contacts on the phone with you finger. Worked for my work BB when it refused the Sim once, and the Orange shop guy brushed a paper-clip over the contacts on my sister's BB with the same prob, that worked too. No idea why, like I said, last chance saloon, before replacement.

Guest brightroar

Sort of success - spoke to Orange customer service this morning and they're happy to replace it, they're going to courier me out a new one tomorrow night. Not quite as easy as logging a fault and going into a shop for a physical replacement today, but at least it's done.

What a hassle!

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Sort of success - spoke to Orange customer service this morning and they're happy to replace it, they're going to courier me out a new one tomorrow night. Not quite as easy as logging a fault and going into a shop for a physical replacement today, but at least it's done.

What a hassle!

Glad you got a result out of this one :huh:

Guest Lew247

well done

Hope you'e not lost the confidence to do it all again

you did well with the 1st one, its just a shame it was a faulty phone.

When you flash a new rom, flash one of the 2.2 ones,

I use FLB r10 but most of them are pretty similar that's just my preference