GPS & 3G SIM project for Advent Vega

Guest osmildmay

Guest osmildmay

Hi All,

Just purchased my Advent Vega and updated it with Paul's custom ROM ... what a great device - quick / responsive and really pleasureable experience using it.

I am planning to MOD mine with a 3G SIM card dongle and GPS ... that eventually I would like to incorporate into the casing.

My first questions are:

- has anyone had success using a USB 3G data dongle with the Vega and if so which dongles worked (and what network did you use out of interest)?

- has anyone setup an external GPS on the Vega, I notice it has the GPS option greyed out on the settings menu, and again which GPS did you use?

Any help and or responses (positive or negative) much apprecaited.

os

Guest trevor432990
Hi All,

Just purchased my Advent Vega and updated it with Paul's custom ROM ... what a great device - quick / responsive and really pleasureable experience using it.

I am planning to MOD mine with a 3G SIM card dongle and GPS ... that eventually I would like to incorporate into the casing.

My first questions are:

- has anyone had success using a USB 3G data dongle with the Vega and if so which dongles worked (and what network did you use out of interest)?

- has anyone setup an external GPS on the Vega, I notice it has the GPS option greyed out on the settings menu, and again which GPS did you use?

Any help and or responses (positive or negative) much apprecaited.

os

Hi there ... if you use the SEARCH button for this forum for '3G dongle' you will find lots of information and same for GPS which is located here :(

Guest gingercat

You really do need to use the search function on the forum, there are several useful threads that answer both of these questions!

[Edit: Trevor beat me to it!]

Edited by gingercat