[ROM] New 2.2 For ZTE Racer now ready

Guest rickywyatt

Guest flipper88
whats the top link for my i ask

android2.2 Special recovery3.0.0.5

http://www.xun6.net/file/490e62117/recover...%96%87.rar.html

File name: recovery 3.0.05(2.2).rar File size: 13.64 MB

Team: MAL"神族

Members: China (X850) And Taiwan(TWN T2)

Thanks Sebastian404

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-race...-for-zte-racer/

(MAL"神族 Restated)

I sorry English :(

Edited by flipper88

Guest Ang3l0912
it gives tolal 1249 cpu 3588 memory 1198 i/O 543 2d 582 3d 423 the blade only gets 600 and something

hahaha lol epic fail :(

Guest equiliym

just wanted to ask if anyone here knows how to add it, i know some devices on 2.2 have settings/display/g-motion calibration and we lack that here, is it possible to add or something?

Guest Ang3l0912
could some one try quadrant with a 2.1 rom and upload the score

i try it Total 494 CPU 386 Memory 792 I/O 462 2D 516 3D 313

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest equiliym
the only way you could change the /g-motion calibration is by editing framework.jar and libsurfaceflinger_client.so

thanks, ill have that in mind.. not sure if its only me who needs it, thats why i asked

oh dear god .dex files again :(

Edited by equiliym

Guest The-One
i wonder what thay have changed to get a big sore as that

Thats not really a change, thats simply a fake score due to a bug with Froyo (Stagefright) and Quadrant. Stagefright is pretty much broken in Froyo so no point using it anyway.

If you disable Stagefright in build.prop you will get the more reasonable and true scores. Just change the player to false.

Edited by The-One

Guest shuaidi
Ok, that makes it clear...

So Is the X850 a 'new' device? We could ask ZTE for the kernel source if it is on sale...

however considering the Camera did not work on the 2.1 kernel source, its likely we would not be able to progress much more...

I am the author of the rom. I wonder if you can make the wifi run. I am sure the driver of wifi in the kernel is right. There is somthing wrong with the libs and wifi etc.

The driver of camera is wrong. I am trying to fix it.

Guest Vlatko25
I am the author of the rom. I wonder if you can make the wifi run. I am sure the driver of wifi in the kernel is right. There is somthing wrong with the libs and wifi etc.

The driver of camera is wrong. I am trying to fix it.

you have made big progress,i hope people with knoleadge will help you fix wifi and camera,i try this rom,good overall,only calibration,wifi and camera,could we be able to put market 2.2?and install flash player and google earth,i love my racer

Guest equiliym
you have made big progress,i hope people with knoleadge will help you fix wifi and camera,i try this rom,good overall,only calibration,wifi and camera,could we be able to put market 2.2?and install flash player and google earth,i love my racer

i will mess with deodexing today since ricky told me what i should look for about calibration so ill try to fix that 5mm gap on the screen

good morning by the way

Edited by equiliym

Guest Vlatko25

I am sorry,cause i can't help,i don't have pc,my racer is my heart:),i love my phone,if i could help somehow,a already :( ,test ricky rom 2 times,second time i add VIP MK,and create apn for my operator VIP MACEDONIA WORKED PERFECT,but wifi,camera and green and red button not,calibration also,so till now what is fixed and what left to be fixed,please inform me,thanks

Edited by Vlatko25

Guest Vlatko25

I am sorry,cause i can't help,i don't have pc,my racer is my heart:),i love my phone,if i could help somehow,a already :( ,test ricky rom 2 times,second time i add VIP MK,and create apn for my operator VIP MACEDONIA,APP WORKED PERFECT,but wifi,camera and green and red button not,calibration also,so till now what is fixed and what left to be fixed,please inform me,thanks

Edited by Vlatko25

Guest equiliym

well, about g-motion, i decompiled framework.jar dex file but i cant really find it, my guess its somewhere in inputmethodservice but i cant really manage :( also decompressed libsurfaceflinger_client.so with ida but it was a total pain and i didnt do anything at the end

Edited by equiliym

Guest levis82

Hi folks!

Read with interest your discussion on porting Android 2.2.

There were a few issues. Yesterday I compared the two source code

1. ZTE RACER series-Eclair kernel (2.6.29) source code

2. ZTE BLADE series-Eclair kernel (2.6.29) source code

Both are identical.

Then do not quite understand why we can not simply take the code for Froe? Perhaps the problem is not just the drivers.

PS

I have good news! Russian operator MTS is already testing versions of Android 2.2. for ZTE Racer. Apparently working version of firmware is expected to be available in April or May this year.

Guest Ang3l0912

hello right i can get a blade 2.2 to boot on racer the the screen becomes distorted wether somone could fix that buttons dont owrk accept for volume keys i belive but the key layout will need to be looked into i have to use droid explorer to use the phone alot would need to be fixed i discovered camera still didnt work wifi did tho

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest levis82

Do I understand correctly that if I take the source code ZTE RACER series-Eclair kernel (2.6.29) and compile it, then make a Android firmware 2.1 for the Racer based on this kernel, I still will not work the camera and wifi? Another words camera and wifi did not work even in 2.6.29 kernel?

Edited by levis82

Guest equiliym
I have good news! Russian operator MTS is already testing versions of Android 2.2. for ZTE Racer. Apparently working version of firmware is expected to be available in April or May this year.

i think when we get 2.2 stable to run properly, all of a sudden there will be an official that is probably took from us and published :(