[ROM] New 2.2 For ZTE Racer now ready

Guest rickywyatt

Guest RHeLL
i think when we get 2.2 stable to run properly, all of a sudden there will be an official that is probably took from us and published :(

and there will be an hipe on selling racers :(

Guest rickywyatt

i just flash your rom to my zte blade and you no what it booted but the screen was spilt into 6 parts

i cheaked to see if the camera works and it worked to

but the wifi didt lol

so your karnal makes the blades camera work lol

Edited by rickywyatt

Guest Vlatko25
i just flash your rom to my zte blade and you no what it booted but the screen was spilt into 6 parts

i cheaked to see if the camera works and it worked to

but the wifi didt lol

so your karnal makes the blades camera work lol

Cool,now wifi and calibration,try Zte N600 wifi files,i vecheck the site

Guest Ang3l0912
i mean the you karnal only works good on the blade

right all this talk getting know where im going to go on the net find how to build and 2.2 kernel from scratch nd start tonight any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Guest Vlatko25
right all this talk getting know where im going to go on the net find how to build and 2.2 kernel from scratch nd start tonight any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

I am with you,if need somethiing

Guest Ang3l0912
I am with you,if need somethiing

not sure where to start but hey i will find all the info some how im installing linux atm so can start the kernel if any one can get me any help on adding in modules etc would help ow btw vlakto25 sorry about earlier if things got crossed i hope you understood what i meant in the end lol

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest Vlatko25

:(

not sure where to start but hey i will find all the info some how im installing linux atm so can start the kernel if any one can get me any help on adding in modules etc would help ow btw vlakto25 sorry about earlier if things got crossed i hope you understood what i meant in the end lol

:( yeah yeah i im soorry,inform me i am here

Guest Sebastian404

If you take the standard 2.1 kernal source from ZTE and build it, you can boot your device, but the camera does not work.

The two devices have the same camera hardware so the problem has to be in the board define for the racer

I've not really had time to look at any of this, I was in a car accident at the weekend, and am taking medication that can best be described as 'a voyage to trip-out city'

I'll work on it once I return to sanity....

Guest equiliym
If you take the standard 2.1 kernal source from ZTE and build it, you can boot your device, but the camera does not work.

The two devices have the same camera hardware so the problem has to be in the board define for the racer

I've not really had time to look at any of this, I was in a car accident at the weekend, and am taking medication that can best be described as 'a voyage to trip-out city'

err.. why are you even online? back to bed mr :( hope you get better soon

Guest Ang3l0912

i was goign to try build but i never done it before nd there no major detailed guides how to hope you feel better soon

Guest simonlp2001
I am the author of the rom. I wonder if you can make the wifi run. I am sure the driver of wifi in the kernel is right. There is somthing wrong with the libs and wifi etc.

The driver of camera is wrong. I am trying to fix it.

hope you guys fix the wifi and carmera issue. and add the google aps into it .

Guest simonlp2001
I am the author of the rom. I wonder if you can make the wifi run. I am sure the driver of wifi in the kernel is right. There is somthing wrong with the libs and wifi etc.

The driver of camera is wrong. I am trying to fix it.

hope you guys fix the wifi and carmera issue. and add the google aps into it .

Guest levis82

If so, then why try to compile a kernel? As already mentioned, the Blade kernel is also not suitable because of the different screen resolutions.

If you have never compiled a kernel, then I do not understand what you want done. Try, and suddenly start working? I not sure.

So, what we have:

- kernel from ZTE dont work (camera bug)

- kernel from ZTE Blade dont work (screen res)

Let's define a list of possible solutions and will try them

Guest Ang3l0912
If so, then why try to compile a kernel? As already mentioned, the Blade kernel is also not suitable because of the different screen resolutions.

If you have never compiled a kernel, then I do not understand what you want done. Try, and suddenly start working? I not sure.

So, what we have:

- kernel from ZTE dont work (camera bug)

- kernel from ZTE Blade dont work (screen res)

Let's define a list of possible solutions and will try them

basicly the kernel needs to be written again so its based on the racer even though they share same board its different layout the camera built into the zte racer kernel so thats why a re write is required

Guest Sebastian404

I discovered the Camera did not work a few weeks ago when build an overclockable ROM.

I have emailed ZTE's support with a question about it, but have not managed to get any sort of response out of them as of yet.

I am very interested tho in how these guys buildt a new kernel from the blade's 2.2 source... There are some fixes needed to get the Blade's camera working, mostly around the 5MP camera that is in some Blades... I will have to look into that and see what I can find out

Guest equiliym
I discovered the Camera did not work a few weeks ago when build an overclockable ROM.

I have emailed ZTE's support with a question about it, but have not managed to get any sort of response out of them as of yet.

I am very interested tho in how these guys buildt a new kernel from the blade's 2.2 source... There are some fixes needed to get the Blade's camera working, mostly around the 5MP camera that is in some Blades... I will have to look into that and see what I can find out

not sure where i read what anymore in these topics.. so, the camera wont work even with 2.1 source zte has on their site? thats a bummer.. as for the support, well, i never expected any but if you get a response it would be more then awesome

Guest Ang3l0912
not sure where i read what anymore in these topics.. so, the camera wont work even with 2.1 source zte has on their site? thats a bummer.. as for the support, well, i never expected any but if you get a response it would be more then awesome

morning all well surely there got to be way to find out from the prebuilt kernel how they managed to do the camera for 2.1 to advance it to 2.2

Guest equiliym
morning all well surely there got to be way to find out from the prebuilt kernel how they managed to do the camera for 2.1 to advance it to 2.2

bleh i wish cyanogen team would help but they just ignore all zte racer posts on their forum..

Guest Ang3l0912
bleh i wish cyanogen team would help but they just ignore all zte racer posts on their forum..

couldn't we build one from the source code for the blade they provide =] or not good idea lol

Guest equiliym
couldn't we build one from the source code for the blade they provide =] or not good idea lol

that i leave to the guys with bigger knowledge

Guest Ang3l0912
that i leave to the guys with bigger knowledge

yea when i choose to study MCSE course i sgould gone for the LINUX one =[

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest Sebastian404
the camera wont work even with 2.1 source zte has on their site?

To be honest, despite what they claim, the source on thier site is only really for the Blade, and it took 3 attempts before we got something that would build and work...

and that is before you look at the compatibility with the other ZTE devices it claims to support:

Building it for the Racer - no camera

building it for the V8 - will not build due to missing files

building it for the Joe - no camera, and issues with touch screen.

and not to mention you have to fix the typos in the code to get anything to build on any device.

ZTE have no real idea about version control, they hack around in the kernel till it works with the device in question, put out a software release and then start hacking away to add support for the next device, and break compatibility with the older hardware.

I hope they have learnt the lesson with the blade, very tellingly the kernel source they put out for the Blade is JUST the blade, it cant support any other device...

The other interesting thing tho, this X850 if they actually start selling it commercially, they have to put out the source code for the kernel, so its possible we could get something out of that...