[ROM][OLED/TFT][GEN2] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.1.0-RC1 (26/06/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest bugeyes
s2e cannot work with Rc2 that it fail to mount or detect my ext 3 partition

than it runs normal in the nightlies

darktremors app2sd zip works fine.........never failed for me yet!

should add this rom is flying for me!!!!! tho proximity bug is still a pain........... none of the work arounds seem to work either :(

(tried the buildprop edit, on call end,just shake and dewonkificator!!!!!! aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh!)

Edited by bugeyes

Guest Rotmann
Getting an "Assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") =="blade"", error when i try to flash, any idea whats going on with it?

Because you are enable to read the guide (tip: ClockWork Version)

Guest Socki3
Because you are enable to read the guide (tip: ClockWork Version)

I read the guide, tried to flash it the same as i have in the past, with Clockwork, just get this error on install. So what am i doing wrong this time?

EDIT: Updated clockwork, seems to have fixed it.

Edited by Socki3

Guest t0mm13b
I read the guide, tried to flash it the same as i have in the past, with Clockwork, just get this error on install. So what am i doing wrong this time?

What Rotmann is saying, upgrade your clockwork recovery to 3.0.0.6.... read the post... CM7 works with 3.0.x version of clockwork...

Guest The Soup Thief
so which is the newest rom, is the new nightly 15 r2 nightly1 or r1 nightly 15?

It's a multple birth - they're the same. Use rc2 though. Everyone else will and that's the basis on which new nightlies will be built

Guest lordofangels
It's a multple birth - they're the same. Use rc2 though. Everyone else will and that's the basis on which new nightlies will be built

thanks for that, yeah running Rc2 now,

was just nightly 15 timed at 2011-03-09 02:53:00 so thought it was newer than yesterdays Rc2

Edited by lordofangels

Guest bugeyes
darktremors app2sd zip works fine.........never failed for me yet!

should add this rom is flying for me!!!!! tho proximity bug is still a pain........... none of the work arounds seem to work either :(

(tried the buildprop edit, on call end,just shake and dewonkificator!!!!!! aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh!)

Just a quick add on to my original post.....

With "Just Shake" installed the proximity sensor wont work for me at all, when i remove it the sensor shows some life again! strange........... will try the other work arounds again!

Guest ThrashMan
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Love from Tom_G and HCDRJacob

Thank you both, your work is very much apreciated.

Guest Jekle

There doesn't seem to be a size difference between RC2 or Nightly 14, I gunna go ahead and flash Nightly 15

There was a new boot image posted by (can't remember) that fixed a typo in a line of the kernel (or something like that) is it included in RC2 or Nightly 15?

Edited by Jekle

Guest metzench
There doesn't seem to be a size difference between RC2 or Nightly 14, I gunna go ahead and flash Nightly 15

There was a new boot image posted by (can't remember) that fixed a typo in a line of the kernel (or something like that) is it included in RC2 or Nightly 15?

No that doesn´t seem to be included, i opened a pull request on TomGs github, so they might be including it soon. If the fix gets accepted.....

Guest simonsays1

So the proximity sensor if still an issue then ?

As soon as this bug gets fixed I will be all over this ROM. I tried RC1 and was amazed but I just couldn't live with the proximity bug.

Guest hotbird
So the proximity sensor if still an issue then ?

As soon as this bug gets fixed I will be all over this ROM. I tried RC1 and was amazed but I just couldn't live with the proximity bug.

+1 from me

it is very important for me to use the phone.

p.s . by the way

thanks for all the hard work you do.

i read the posts everyday but this is my first post.

thanks again.

Edited by hotbird

Guest metzench
Can anybody comment on whether or not the latest RC2 is suitable for mainstream, day-to-day use?

Posting in every CM related thread doesn´t even help to find your answer.

Just read the posts and see what bugs are still existend, if this is ok for your everyday use is a decision you must point out yourself...

Guest jonathonf
Can anybody comment
Yes
on whether or not the latest RC2 is suitable for mainstream, day-to-day use?
No. No, it's not. It's still in development, and so could have a bug that would phone your mother and call her bad names.

Guest Rotmann
I might fix the proximity issue by soldering and fitting an external switch to the battery contacts..

:( Brilliant, how come we did not think about this? Dammit!

No that doesn´t seem to be included, i opened a pull request on TomGs github, so they might be including it soon. If the fix gets accepted.....

Talked to Tom_G yesterday, just the label is misspelled, it should have no influence on battery life but I just read it will get merged. The mistake is from the ZTE source code and is present in the other ROMs too.

It's still in development, and so could have a bug that would phone your mother and call her bad names.

:)

Regarding battery life, pure RC2 without SIM in it, no gapps, apps or mods (wiped, formatted and so on), 14 hours 100 => 77% :( The first six hours were not in airplane mode, but WiFi, GPS and other wireless stuff were disabled, after the six hours I have put it in airplane mode, still drained like hell. Cell stand-by is 94%, phone slept as a baby and had no partial wakes. ;) Did a logcat -v time, gonna post it on the issue tracker.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest targetbsp
Can anybody comment on whether or not the latest RC2 is suitable for mainstream, day-to-day use?

Look at the bugs list. If those bugs matter to you then it's not suitable. If they don't - then it is. :(

Guest Scoopading
Regarding battery life, pure RC2 without SIM in it, no gapps, apps or mods (wiped, formatted and so on), 14 hours 100 => 77% :(
;)

I'm testing RC2 with the exact same approach (No SIM at all present at any point, airplane mode all the time) except, inspired by the talk of Rom Manager being a possible drain (it isn't because I always uninstall it :( ) I've wiped out almost everything installed on the phone with Titanium. When I say "almost everything" I mean no camera, bluetooth, no keyboard etc, not just all the apps. I wanted to have just the absolute bare minimum which would allow Android to boot :)

Anyway, I'm about 4 hours in, and I'll give it several hours more and see how it does. The purpose is to attempt to see if it's possible any of the apps/services which run by default are responsible for the battery drain, or at least making it a lot worse.

Guest Scoopading

Oh btw, for those who may have missed what I wrote in the other thread.. new kernel, spelling mistakes corrected etc, had an identical battery drain. 15 hours on standby produced 71% battery, or .. 2% per hour.. exactly the same as every other version of CM7 :(

Guest Rotmann
;)

I'm testing RC2 with the exact same approach (No SIM at all present at any point, airplane mode all the time) except, inspired by the talk of Rom Manager being a possible drain (it isn't because I always uninstall it :( ) I've wiped out almost everything installed on the phone with Titanium. When I say "almost everything" I mean no camera, bluetooth, no keyboard etc, not just all the apps. I wanted to have just the absolute bare minimum which would allow Android to boot ;)

Anyway, I'm about 4 hours in, and I'll give it several hours more and see how it does. The purpose is to attempt to see if it's possible any of the apps/services which run by default are responsible for the battery drain, or at least making it a lot worse.

Interesting approach, I only removed ROM Manager.

Oh btw, for those who may have missed what I wrote in the other thread.. new kernel, spelling mistakes corrected etc, had an identical battery drain. 15 hours on standby produced 71% battery, or .. 2% per hour.. exactly the same as every other version of CM7 :)

Booo, you dream killer :(

Guest reluctant_traveller
:)

I'm testing RC2 with the exact same approach (No SIM at all present at any point, airplane mode all the time) except, inspired by the talk of Rom Manager being a possible drain (it isn't because I always uninstall it :( ) I've wiped out almost everything installed on the phone with Titanium. When I say "almost everything" I mean no camera, bluetooth, no keyboard etc, not just all the apps. I wanted to have just the absolute bare minimum which would allow Android to boot :(

Is it possible to strip out the RIL too? I guess that is a step too far.