[ROM][OLED/TFT][GEN2] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.1.0-RC1 (26/06/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Is r33 worth updating to from rc4?

Also is tdud not good for development don't quite understand what's going on here?

Well, it's an april fool's joke. The ROM is the same, Buildbot just replaced the boot animation and some of the wallpapers.

Guest The Soup Thief
Well, it's an april fool's joke. The ROM is the same, Buildbot just replaced the boot animation and some of the wallpapers.

The ROM's not quite the same - it is further development from nightly 32 - it's nightly 33 (with a few real tweaks and changes, plus the bogus branding) and will presumably be followed by nightly 34 etc (hopefully with the Cyanogen branding back)

Guest Rotmann
Sorry if I am an ignorant...what has changed from RC3 to RC4 ?

I installed without wiping anything and couldlnot conect to market with RC4, wifi is the same and I do not see any big improvement, so went back to RC3 back up.

Maybe you did not flash gapps? The main difference in RC4 is the better not buggy Wifi module and the Wifi Tethering out of the box.

Guest Productivity

Installed RC4 last night and running well.

Upgraded from Modaco custom R11 Froyo

Graphics super smooth. Angry birds Rio no glitches.

Super fast!

Proxiity sensor works.

Groups have been removed from contacts. :D

Love it but...

In first 18 hours

• rebooted during 2 calls
  • seems to just switch off after a certain while (20 mins - 30 mins)

The random switch offs might be due to the GPS issue. But don't know why it's crashing during calls.

If these issues are fixed I'll be back but I'm switching to Paul's R12 for now.

What's the point of having a phone if it switches off every hour!

Conclusion : Still too buggy for day to day use but will be awesome once these bugs are ironed out!

Guest Kthulhu
Maybe you did not flash gapps? The main difference in RC4 is the better not buggy Wifi module and the Wifi Tethering out of the box.

Thanks, I will wipe and try a clean start.

Guest karololszak

Everyone says that the WiFi in RC4 is better, but for me it's worse; previously (N32?) if I had it set to 'Never sleep when connected', it would actually do so; now, it drops the connection after 10 minutes of screen being turned off (even if set to never sleep)...

Guest Arr Too

Just out of interest, what is dithering?

Ironically, I'd say "playing Angry Birds" was a pretty good definition of "dithering".

Guest mrcake
[*]seems to just switch off after a certain while (20 mins - 30 mins)

No reboots for me but i am also experiencing the phone turning off after 20 minutes.

Apart from that its really responsive and no other bugs yet.

Guest k0zmic

I like this ROM overall, incredibly fast and totally smooth. Using DarkTremor's Apps2SD, although I'm still having the Proximity Sensor issue, any suggestions? I've tried the older solutions from nightlies but they don't make a difference and I've reflashed 3 times with full wipes. Thanks

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Rotmann
Installed RC4 last night and running well.

Upgraded from Modaco custom R11 Froyo

Graphics super smooth. Angry birds Rio no glitches.

Super fast!

Proxiity sensor works.

Groups have been removed from contacts. :D

Love it but...

In first 18 hours

• rebooted during 2 calls
  • seems to just switch off after a certain while (20 mins - 30 mins)

The random switch offs might be due to the GPS issue. But don't know why it's crashing during calls.

If these issues are fixed I'll be back but I'm switching to Paul's R12 for now.

What's the point of having a phone if it switches off every hour!

Conclusion : Still too buggy for day to day use but will be awesome once these bugs are ironed out!

No reboots for me but i am also experiencing the phone turning off after 20 minutes.

Apart from that its really responsive and no other bugs yet.

Did you restore crap with titanium? Don't restore any system apps or settings.

I like this ROM overall, incredibly fast and totally smooth. Using DarkTremor's Apps2SD, although I'm still having the Proximity Sensor issue, any suggestions? I've tried the older solutions from nightlies but they don't make a difference and I've reflashed 3 times with full wipes. Thanks

Disable "Always use proximity" in the phone settings

Guest goatee

What I found worked was disable "Always use proximity" and "In call touch UI" then reboot. Then tick both and reboot. Goodness knows why it was so fussy, but works like a dream now :D.

Disable "Always use proximity" in the phone settings

Funny, for me it works with it enabled. . . different strokes and all that.

Guest k0zmic

Thanks for the replies. The 'Always Use Proximity' is disabled in my Call settings and yet it still gets stuck. To test I flashed a Froyo ROM and it didn't work then so I tried the Finnish 2.1 ROM and it did work, so I used the calibration test using the keypad codes to try fix it. Yet, for me it still gets stuck any ideas? I'm beginning to think my phone just doesn't like 2.2+.

Guest chrmtc

I was testing this ROM out on my phone with a fresh install, but I couldn't use it as it was simply too laggy - the app drawer and home screens were far laggier than any 2.2 ROM I've used. Bear in mind this was with a wiped phone and no other apps installed.

Just pointing this out in case it's not a known issue (I couldn't see anyone else reporting this). I've now switched to SS RLS4 and it's much much faster.

Guest JayGB1982
I was testing this ROM out on my phone with a fresh install, but I couldn't use it as it was simply too laggy - the app drawer and home screens were far laggier than any 2.2 ROM I've used. Bear in mind this was with a wiped phone and no other apps installed.

Just pointing this out in case it's not a known issue (I couldn't see anyone else reporting this). I've now switched to SS RLS4 and it's much much faster.

Did you try a different launcher? ADW is known to be a bit laggy... Which launcher do you use on SS RLS4?

First boots also can be a bit laggy as it's sorting things out. A second / third re-boot gives you a better user experience

I use RC4 with Launcher Pro (Telephone SPAM apps ) and it CM7 flies....

Guest chrmtc
Did you try a different launcher? ADW is known to be a bit laggy... Which launcher do you use on SS RLS4?

First boots also can be a bit laggy as it's sorting things out. A second / third re-boot gives you a better user experience

I use RC4 with Launcher Pro (Telephone SPAM apps ) and it CM7 flies....

True, I didn't test it as thoroughly as I should have, since I was in a location without reliable wifi. Using Launcher Pro on SS RLS4, which is definitely faster than ADW. I'll give CM7 another go today/tomorrow with LP and see how it goes!

Guest qwertymz

Is there any way of increasing the vibration force on this phone? At work it's on silent, with Vibration enabled (under Settings/Sound), but I don't "feel" or "hear" it vibrate when it's on my desk next to me!

Guest k0zmic
Is there any way of increasing the vibration force on this phone? At work it's on silent, with Vibration enabled (under Settings/Sound), but I don't "feel" or "hear" it vibrate when it's on my desk next to me!

I don't think you can make the vibration more powerful, but you can make it vibrate longer or more frequently for your SMS messages I believe.

Guest andycanada
Ooh that'd be good. Any idea how? Thanks for the reply. :D

There is a setting in the stock rom messenger to choose short or long vibration i think. If you use handcent or go sms then you can customize the vibration to be even longer.

Guest mickey megabyte

you can change the vibes for notifications, at least with the standard messaging app:

messaging app >> menu >> settings >> notification settings >> vibrate pattern >> custom

Guest Mellerle

Hey,

i installed RC4 yesterday and just noticed that the facebook widget (official facebook app) isnt to find in the widgetbar. Anyone who can confirm this?

EDIT: Ok, found the solution to solve the problem. It's caused due to moving the facebook app from the internal storage to the sd card. If you leave it in the internal storage, the widget works well.

Edited by Mellerle

Guest k0zmic
Hey,

i installed RC4 yesterday and just noticed that the facebook widget (official facebook app) isnt to find in the widgetbar. Anyone who can confirm this?

EDIT: Ok, found the solution to solve the problem. It's caused due to moving the facebook app from the internal storage to the sd card. If you leave it in the internal storage, the widget works well.

Anything you need a widget for, don't move to external memory, Android will disable the widget then due to the inability to run apps when SD is mounted.