CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Roo13
Power on/off.

I'm sooooo doh...! Thanks!

waht ext partition must be on sd card to app2sd work on this rom?

ext is for a2sd not for apps2sd, which uses fat32

Guest Krinyo

I'm using n28 + exp. kernel v6, with OC'd cpu to 729: no problems at all, exceptional battery life, not a single reboot, or any problems...

Guest lesa0208
I'm using n28 + exp. kernel v6, with OC'd cpu to 729: no problems at all, exceptional battery life, not a single reboot, or any problems...

what exo you are using on this rom?

Guest supermies123

When Android 2.4 arrives, do you people think CyanogenMod7 can be updated from 2.3.3 to 2.4 easily or is 2.4 going to be whole different ROM? Someone said somewhere that 2.4 would be a minor update but I think it's major? dunno..

Edited by supermies123

I really can't get use to the stock android dialler (I'm using N28 but it's the same in all) - it's weird and counter-intuitive - is there a way to use the ZTE dialer instead?

Guest targetbsp
I really can't get use to the stock android dialler (I'm using N28 but it's the same in all) - it's weird and counter-intuitive - is there a way to use the ZTE dialer instead?

There's an app on the market called Dialer One you can sue if it's the T9 you're missing.

There's an app on the market called Dialer One you can sue if it's the T9 you're missing.

It's not T9, it's the weird swiping up and down to bring up options - in the ZTe dialer, it was all on one screen (for example the speaker phone option) I often find myself lost on how to end calls or find myself back at the home screen when using the stock android dialer. However, I'll check out Dialer one and see what it's like.

Edit: Dialer one seems to be pretty good but if someone rings you, you are still stuck with the horrible default phone app - seems to be no way to change it.

Edited by cgk

Guest defcrash
Of the recent builds, which has the least issues, most stable (screen freezes/reboots) with decent battery life ?

Cheers, Nick

I'm on N25 since saturday, havent had any screen freeze, had only one shutdown but was just to test, done that thing of turning gps on, lock the satellites then turn off the gps, after +/- 5min the phone shutdown, never turned on the gps since that and havent had any shutdown/reboot! Really happy with this nightly, battery is also good!

If any one here plays live holdem poker pro you'll notice they have a widget now, if you put the widget the phone will not go into sleep (you can wake the phone with any button), even if you remove the widget the process will still be there, if you terminate the process, it will apear again 2 seconds later, solution is reboot and do not use the widget (at least for me).

Regards.

Guest targetbsp
It's not T9, it's the weird swiping up and down to bring up options - in the ZTe dialer, it was all on one screen (for example the speaker phone option) I often find myself lost on how to end calls or find myself back at the home screen when using the stock android dialer. However, I'll check out Dialer one and see what it's like.

Do you mean during a call? In that case just go to settings -> call settings and tick in call touch ui.

Guest Peter H

I'd much rather the ZTE dialer too. I tried taking IT from another ROM and adding it to ROM I was using then (not CM7) but I couldn't get it to work.

If anyone can manage it I'd be hugely impressed and grateful :D

Guest supermies123
When Android 2.4 arrives, do you people think CyanogenMod7 can be updated from 2.3.3 to 2.4 easily or is 2.4 going to be whole different ROM? Someone said somewhere that 2.4 would be a minor update but I think it's major? dunno..

Does anyone know anything about Android 2.4?

Guest iKrautDroid

I installed n28 yesterday. I was using n18 before. In n18 I could overclock to 691 without any problems. On nightly 28 I get lots of random reboots. Please help

Thx

Guest devilkazuya

I believe the 2.4 is to fill the gap between 2.X to 3.0 honeycomb so the apps designed for 3.0 dual cores would work on single core smartphones providing it was running 2.4

I dont see any near future plans for the orange/zte to update 2.2 to 2.3 so 2.4 is out of question at the minute. Cyanogen will pick up the new 2.4 but as it being a custom rom it will come with new bugs

Back to CM7, i am on nightly 25 and i thinks its the best nightly so far, turning gps off does switch the phone off after a while and i do use gps alot but oh well i can live with it.

Guest ballist1x

fwiw since i moved to FLB 10b i no longer get ANY freeze screens. Wheras before with a lot of 2.2 i would get screen freezes that required a hard reboot. with CM7 it requires the on off stich to be pressed once.

Surely CM7 devs could take a look at the FLB rom and see if something is different that might be causing/fixed the freeze situation? If it wasnt for that i would be on CM7 all day long..

Guest Scoopading
fwiw since i moved to FLB 10b i no longer get ANY freeze screens. Wheras before with a lot of 2.2 i would get screen freezes that required a hard reboot. with CM7 it requires the on off stich to be pressed once.

Surely CM7 devs could take a look at the FLB rom and see if something is different that might be causing/fixed the freeze situation? If it wasnt for that i would be on CM7 all day long..

All I can say is I haven't had a proper screen freeze (one which requires the on/off button to reset) on Nightly 25 after several days of usage. I did see the problem fairly often on all other nightlies. If you didn't try Nightly 25 you should maybe give it a go? That's also the point where the proximity was properly fixed, so I was thinking the screen freeze might've been related to that.. its that or I've just been incredibly lucky with n25 so far :D Edited by Scoopading

Guest juniperz
I'd much rather the ZTE dialer too. I tried taking IT from another ROM and adding it to ROM I was using then (not CM7) but I couldn't get it to work.

If anyone can manage it I'd be hugely impressed and grateful :D

You could try using ZTE Dialer and ZTE Contacts. No idea whether that would work, but there is a bit of a clue in the MCR ROM Kitchen e.g. the checkbox against Contacts

"This option includes the stock Contacts application. Note that selecting this option will remove ZTE Contacts AND ZTE Smartdial. "

I would be interested to know if / how you get it to work as I like the ZTE dialer but haven't quite taken the plunge to go from MCR to CM7.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Right, it looks like the time has come for this topic. Development is slowing, as we reach nearer the release date (Don't quote me on that, It just feels like it, I'm no more connected to development than the most of you are)

Luckily, there will be a new topic very shortly. I myself will take a much more hands off approach (But, you're hands off already, the smart alecs say)

Also Luckily, it will much easier for you guys to see ultra up to the minute stuff. Unfortunately, I cannot simply modify this topic, as MoDaCo has a wierd way of giving certain people HTML privileges.

So yes. Thank you for clinging on so much to this topic, and we'll get this rolling again soon!

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Right, it looks like the time has come for this topic. Development is slowing, as we reach nearer the release date (Don't quote me on that, It just feels like it, I'm no more connected to development than the most of you are)

Luckily, there will be a new topic very shortly. I myself will take a much more hands off approach (But, you're hands off already, the smart alecs say)

Also Luckily, it will much easier for you guys to see ultra up to the minute stuff. Unfortunately, I cannot simply modify this topic, as MoDaCo has a wierd way of giving certain people HTML privileges.

So yes. Thank you for clinging on so much to this topic, and we'll get this rolling again soon!

Thats good to know :D Has the music player logcat I posted found its way to the devs yet? Its something they could do :D Its just everything in this topic gets drowned away SO quickly. It's available as an attachment in this post, Ill hope they come across it. Anyhow, I should create another logcat, one thats a bit better than that one...

alogcat.2011_03_19_18_55_30_0000.txt