CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest ThrashMan
I upgraded to N19 + BT fix about 30 hours ago, BT active most of the time (24 hours, only turned it off

for ca. 6 hours while sleeping), one phone call of ca. 7 minutes, battery down from 56% to 42%

so lost 14% in 30 hours, which is extremely positive compared to earlier CM7 builds, I lost

more than that over night in flight mode before N19 ...

It just gets better and better.....looking forward to the updated kernel :D

Guest Ralph Martin

Can someone report the WiFi Tethering not working on the bug tracker? It is not listed there yet. (I'd do it, but I don't have CM7 yet as I need WiFi Tethering...)

Guest fredewis
Can someone report the WiFi Tethering not working on the bug tracker? It is not listed there yet. (I'd do it, but I don't have CM7 yet as I need WiFi Tethering...)

Have you readed the first post dude . Find the fix.

Guest ThrashMan
cracking work with N19, getting great battery life, seems overall more responsive and finally the proximity sensor works, ideal :D

I'm not sure I fully agree with the proximity sensor fully working.

The current trend it to have:

"Always Use Proximity" ticked?

"In-call Touch UI" ticked?

Which I find confusing as one forces prximity sensor and the other ignores the sensor.

N19 is actually perfect for me, all the features I use are fixed. Fantastico :D

And Battery life...WOW!

Current usage is apparently 30 hrs 18mins....i'm only on 52% (and that's with a pretty usual usage scenario for me, no special measures in place)

I can finally recommend it to what I'd say is people of my age. Phone works, basic features work. Haven't had a screen freeze for a few Nightlies and Haven't had a reboot since about N8

Guest targetbsp
I'm not sure I fully agree with the proximity sensor fully working.

The current trend it to have:

"Always Use Proximity" ticked?

"In-call Touch UI" ticked?

Which I find confusing as one forces prximity sensor and the other ignores the sensor.

Always use proximity has to be ticked - that's what fixes it.

In call Touch UI is personal preference as to whether you have to press menu to access in call options or have them there all the time. This has nothing to do with fixing in call proximity. You can test this yourself, or just go off the fact that half this forum says it must be ticked whilst the other half swears it must be unticked. If that isn't indication of an irrelevant setting I dunno what is. :D People are just telling you what works for them without determining whether the setting is relevant or not.

Edited by targetbsp

There still appears to be an issue with the notification led getting "stuck" once lit.

Is that what it's fixing? That slightly disappointing...

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Is that what it's fixing? That slightly disappointing...

Sorry for the confusion, no, unrelated to the fix you pointed to, just a heads-up, probably something for

page 1 and the "to be fixed" category.

Guest Ufufu
Oh, and, just so you know, Jacob's submitted a patch for review. It's proximity related, so it could be the final piece of the puzzle.

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,3897

Well, kalt_kaffe wrote here:

I haven't tried CM7 even once yet (not enough time, busy with other things) but I downloaded the N19 zip and noticed that there is no proximity.init binary in /system/bin. All official ZTE builds have this and also a service that runs it at boot. Might be a clue.

...so, since Jacob's patch is adding proximity.init, this is looking good!

edit: Oops, whatcolour was quicker :D

Edited by Ufufu

Guest ThrashMan
Always use proximity has to be ticked - that's what fixes it.

In call Touch UI is personal preference as to whether you have to press menu to access in call options or have them there all the time. This has nothing to do with fixing in call proximity. You can test this yourself, or just go off the fact that half this forum says it must be ticked whilst the other half swears it must be unticked. If that isn't indication of an irrelevant setting I dunno what is. :D People are just telling you what works for them without determining whether the setting is relevant or not.

That's what I thought but at the end of each call I have to "tickle" the sensor into waking the screen back up.

I like the fact that FINALLY the notification LED doesn't hide after a few flashes....this ROM is going to be AWSOME!

Guest Ralph Martin
Have you readed the first post dude . Find the fix.

You are missing the point. If it is not reported on the bug tracker, no-one will look for a fix. That's the whole idea of the bug tracker.

Guest Kuraj

My phone randomly shut down two times today (#19)...

I don't know under what circumstances the first one happened as I put it out of my pocket and realised it was turned off.

Just a moment ago, I picked it up from the table and wanted to unlock it, so I swiped the lock icon and it proceeded to shut down (with the "Your device will be now powered off" dialog and all).

I swear if it powers off during the night and doesn't wake me up in the morning, I'm going to rip my skin off.

Edited by Kuraj

Glad this got picked up, was mentioned by KK in another thread earlier today. Hopefully, this means the extra wakelock wouldn't be needed anymore!

Well, kalt_kaffe wrote here:

...so, since Jacob's patch is adding proximity.init, this is looking good!

Yes indeed, does look like a very sensible addition

What Kernel are you using? If I use the v4 kernel in this post, I don't habe any shut downs of my phone. With v5 kernel, my phone shut down three times in less than two hours.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
I swear if it powers off during the night and doesn't wake me up in the morning, I'm going to rip my skin off.

Shouldn't you do this to your phone instead :D

Guest Rotmann

It won't be fixed untill we get a working 2.6.35 Kernel, but things must work perfect on .32 to make the move. You can use the work around posted in the first posts

I don't know under what circumstances the first one happened as I put it out of my pocket and realised it was turned off.

Just a moment ago, I picked it up from the table and wanted to unlock it, so I swiped the lock icon and it proceeded to shut down (with the "Your device will be now powered off" dialog and all).

People reporting random shutdowns or restarts, why don't you post logcats or last_kmsg on the issue tracker? That is if you don't use experimental kernels. Haven't had a reboot since N11 I think, things are damn perfect here.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Kuraj
It won't be fixed untill we get a working 2.6.35 Kernel, but things must work perfect on .32 to make the move. You can use the work around posted in the first posts

People reporting random shutdowns or restarts, why don't you post logcats or last_kmsg on the issue tracker? That is if you don't use experimental kernels. Haven't had a reboot since N11 I think, things are damn perfect here.

It just did it again.

That's it, I'm reverting to N18 for now :D

It just did it again.

That's it, I'm reverting to N18 for now :(

wow, mine has just shut down too :D

I am of course wondering if you have installed the rom at full cahrge, and if you had wiped before installing. This is still in development, and is by far THE BEST version of the ROM. The reboots should disappear if you clean up a tad.

Guest marcodassi

For me, N19 + BT fix is the best ROM at the moment.

No reboots, no quirks (except GPS issue, see some pages ago - but it's discovered now and I expect the fix to get into next nightly), no nothing and an exceptional battery life (over 28 hours, using phone normally, and still at 65%).

BTW, i have completely wiped the phone before installing N19 + BT fix (and never have wiped anything before, since RC1). Maybe this is the difference.

Keep up with the good work! Thanks a lot!

Edited by marcodassi

Guest Kuraj
I am of course wondering if you have installed the rom at full cahrge, and if you had wiped before installing. This is still in development, and is by far THE BEST version of the ROM. The reboots should disappear if you clean up a tad.

I install every nightly as soon as it becomes available, wiping my phone everyday would be very uncomfortable :D