CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Roo13
The green icons indicate that you are connected to google services. Log in to google talk once and it'll be fine.

Ok, thanks, but what do you mean by "it'll be fine" because it wasn't really wrong or i didn't noticed..! :D

Tried again on n21 after no wipes (BOOYAH god!):

What about embedded SIP client, is it a CM or 2.3 issue..? Anyway, how can i disable it (and not the app which is working) while wifi is on..?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Roo13

Guest samjam
That has nothing to do with Cyanogenmod 7.

Nonsense. You can't overrule the fates, you know!

(unless you are fated to, and then you'll be feted too)

Guest whatcolour
That has nothing to do with Cyanogenmod 7.

As stated, can't help it... after all these ROMs (modaco, FLB, JJ, DX, etc) and the many efforts associated, we've finally come to a brilliantly looking CM7 and now the much promised "Wednesday ROM"... really can't help it!

Guest Simon O
As stated, can't help it... after all these ROMs (modaco, FLB, JJ, DX, etc) and the many efforts associated, we've finally come to a brilliantly looking CM7 and now the much promised "Wednesday ROM"... really can't help it!

Sadly it's not the perfect rom people have been waiting for. It's designed for a version of the blade that uses different kernel addressing so it needs to be hacked to run on our devices. A right pain as the new RIL lib would have been very useful, but it will only work with the new kernel addressing.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

Well - don't :(

And I can't help it - I second that :D

Sadly it's not the perfect rom people have been waiting for. It's designed for a version of the blade that uses different kernel addressing so it needs to be hacked to run on our devices. A right pain as the new RIL lib would have been very useful, but it will only work with the new kernel addressing.

But it still is "the most perfect so far".

Guest paulocostavct

I'm still on 19 i charged my blade yesterday and after 12 hours only lost 2% of battery, after 15 hours and 3 calls and about 1hour of 3g i'm still on 82%. I think that's awesome. Still didn't have a screen freeze. Why there is so much people complaining about random reboots i never had one.

Thank guys keep the great work.

Guest Krinyo
I'm still on 19 i charged my blade yesterday and after 12 hours only lost 2% of battery, after 15 hours and 3 calls and about 1hour of 3g i'm still on 82%. I think that's awesome. Still didn't have a screen freeze. Why there is so much people complaining about random reboots i never had one.

Thank guys keep the great work.

+1

Guest Daenja

I've been using ext partition on my sd-card on all the previous nightlies + RC2. Now that I'm updating to N21 how do I get rid of ext-partition? By formatting the SD-card to FAT? Or how??

Hardly any differences :D

Compared to what ?

Of course ymmv, but for me the biggest issue was battery drain, and here N19+/N21 is a quantum leap.

I've been using ext partition on my sd-card on all the previous nightlies + RC2. Now that I'm updating to N21 how do I get rid of ext-partition? By formatting the SD-card to FAT? Or how??

You'll definitely have to reformat it in a format you'd like to use instead of ext :D

Guest Trademark-NRW

I used the phone now for three days with the nightlies. Everything, expect the known issues (GPS, BT...) was fine.

Today the phone shutdown three times.

So i was thinking what has changed: Yesterday night i installed a Live Wallpaper Clock and activated it.

I changed back to "normal" Wallpaper. Since then no shutdown/reboot.

Maybe anyone who has the shutdown problem can report if he used Live Wallpaper and try with normal Wallpaper. Hopefully we can find out if thats the reason

of the random shutdowns.

Edited by Trademark-NRW

Guest redironman

Hi All,

I installed CM7 RC1 and have been using it daily. I have installed most of the nightlies, uninstalling or applying patches or fixed kernels to maintain functionality.

Latest update was to install CM7 N21 over N19 with fixed kernel (only clearing cache and dalvik cache). Seems to be working well :-

Battery drain now good maybe slightly better than FroYo for me

Screen wakes up after call every time

Bluetooth now working

WiFi connects well and re-connects on wake.

I wanted a to highlight an issue I've observed since RC1.

When you plug the phone into a USB port on pc, the settings\about phone\status shows as "Charging (AC)" and then changes to "Charging (USB)" after less than a second. Same happens when plugging into mains powered USB charger (even a maximum 1Amp one).

The phone takes a really long time to charge (~9 hours) from nearly empty to full.

On FroYo ROM's (flb,JJ,MCr12) the mains charger would show as "Charging (AC)" and stay there and the empty to full charge was about ~3 hours.

Is this widely seen? Is it the sort of thing which needs to be posted as an issue?

Edited by redironman

Guest fads1967
I used the phone now for three days with the nightlies. Everything, expect the known issues (GPS, BT...) was fine.

Today the phone shutdown three times.

So i was thinking what has changed: Yesterday night i installed a Live Wallpaper Clock and activated it.

I changed back to "normal" Wallpaper. Since then no shutdown/reboot.

Maybe anyone who has the shutdown problem can report if he used Live Wallpaper and try with normal Wallpaper. Hopefully we can find out if thats the reason

of the random shutdowns.

i flashed 21,full wipe etc,everything working fine,no shutdowns,no reboots,done a fresh install of all my fave apps no problems,put on beautiful animated weather widget and and had 3 unintended shutdowns in last hour,that is a shutdown with no notice,no vibration just picked up phone to unlock and was off??put it back on and removed widget and no shutdowns,no reboots so obv related??maybe something for the devs to look into?

great rom and i will be keeping it on my blade

a few observations

gps picks up 5-10 seconds indoors or out,the icon flashes for a few seconds then goes when close app

bt working fine

battery life much improved,loses about 1% an hr in sleep mode

smartass governor massive improvement to battery life,idle cpu going from 45% on nightly 19 to -10% on 21

proximity sensor no issues whatsoever

in call volume a little high but i can live with that

slight lag with adw but vastly improved with launcher pro

best rom i've had on my blade and once the little niggles are ironed out a definite RC

Maybe anyone who has the shutdown problem can report if he used Live Wallpaper

I've been experiencing shutdowns since (I think) N19. Haven't used live wallpapers. CPU was overclocked to 691 MHz, testing with 600 now. I haven't done a full wipe between CM7 versions (only wiped cache and dalvik, but I'm not sure those affect anything). If the shutdowns continue, I guess I'll have to try and see if a full wipe helps.

I wanted a to highlight an issue I've observed since RC1.

When you plug the phone into a USB port on pc, the settings\about phone\status shows as "Charging (AC)" and then changes to "Charging (USB)" after less than a second. Same happens when plugging into mains powered USB charger (even a maximum 1Amp one).

The phone takes a really long time to charge (~9 hours) from nearly empty to full.

On FroYo ROM's (flb,JJ,MCr12) the mains charger would show as "Charging (AC)" and stay there and the empty to full charge was about ~3 hours.

Is this widely seen? Is it the sort of thing which needs to be posted as an issue?

Can't confirm, just took the phone off the charger (mains) and it charged from 10% to full

in about 2 hours.

Guest redironman
Can't confirm, just took the phone off the charger (mains) and it charged from 10% to full

in about 2 hours.

Yep that's what I get if I go back to MCr12...

Guest Simon O
Compared to what ?

Of course ymmv, but for me the biggest issue was battery drain, and here N19+/N21 is a quantum leap.

I think you are under the impression that my comment was directed at CM7 when it was actually in response to the post about the new leaked Swedish rom as being the "perfect wednesday rom".

And this is why off-topic posts are bad folks :D

Back on topic, CM7 nightly 21 is superb. No issues with it at all.