NoDo update features

Guest Hermit Dave

Guest Hermit Dave

The list of updates in NoDo - No Donuts in official microsoft release (OS Version 7.0.7390.0)

OS version: 7.0.7390.0

• • Copy & paste. You asked for it—now it's here. Just tap a word and drag the arrows to copy and paste it on your phone. You can copy text from emails, text messages, web pages, and Office Mobile documents, and paste it anywhere you can type. To learn more, see Copy & paste.
    • Faster apps and games. Nobody likes to wait. That's why we've whittled down the time it takes for apps and games to start up and resume. It's all part of our focus on getting you to the things you love, easier and faster.
    • Better Marketplace search. We've streamlined Marketplace search to make it easier to find specific apps, games, or music. Press the Search button in the Apps or Games section of Marketplace and you'll see only apps or games in the results. Press Search in the Music section of Marketplace to search just the music catalog.
    • Other Marketplace improvements. We've improved the stability of Marketplace while you download apps. We've also improved the experience of downloading apps larger than 20 megabytes, upgrading from trial apps to paid apps, using a credit card with an address outside the United States, sharing links to apps via email, sorting Xbox LIVE games by release date, and creating an Xbox LIVE account from within the Games Hub.
    • Wi-Fi improvements. We now display your phone's Media Access Control (MAC) address in Settings. (You might need this info if you try to connect to a Wi-Fi network that uses MAC address filtering. To learn more, see Connect to a Wi-Fi network.) We've also removed the limit on the number of Wi-Fi profiles that you can store and reduced the time it takes to start your phone if you've stored lots of Wi-Fi profiles.
    • Outlook improvements. We've improved the experience of viewing iPhone photo attachments you receive from a non-Exchange-based email account (such as a Google Mail, Hotmail, or Yahoo! Mail account), using the Global Address List (GAL) when connecting to Exchange Server 2003 using Exchange ActiveSync, and working with email display names that contain brackets (for example, "David Alexander [Contoso]").
    • Messaging improvements. We've improved the experience of receiving Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messages if your phone uses a PIN-locked SIM.
    • Facebook integration. We've improved the experience of syncing Facebook accounts.
    • Camera improvements. We've improved the stability of switching between camera and video modes.
    • Audio improvements. We've improved the experience of using a Bluetooth headset to make calls when you're playing music or videos.
    • Other performance improvements. This month's update also includes software from several phone manufacturers that improves the performance of specific models. Naturally, if you don't have one of the affected models, we won't install this portion of the update on your phone.

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest awarner

You using the leaked update? as I thought backup was not enabled/woking in the leaked version? and you had to reinstall your apps etc manually afterwards.

EDIT yep it is the leaked version just read your other post, how are you finding the faster loading speeds?

Guest Hermit Dave
You using the leaked update? as I thought backup was not enabled/woking in the leaked version? and you had to reinstall your apps etc manually afterwards.

EDIT yep it is the leaked version just read your other post, how are you finding the faster loading speeds?

Well the phone seems faster... booting up is very fast... i come from old i900 and its a breeze. Apps seems faster but i didn't do any benchmarking on it..

I didn't have it backed up to start with on zune.. not sure how that will work.. might try it later on today.

According to a lot of people, you can choose to update to HTC Europe 1.28 not Orange 1.28 and when you connect to Zune, it prompts you for NoDo update and it goes through that way. I just couldnt be asked to go about that route.. My only major wish is for a offline sat nav solution and swype like keyboard

Guest Hermit Dave
Swype is on my wish list as well but I've not heard anything from the developers regarding WP7 as yet.

I emailed developers of SlideIt which is similar to Swype in functionlity. They actually sold it as a product rather than through OEM only distribution like Swype.

They said that they are in process of developing Slide It for WP7 no release date yet.

I have a feeling that I might be able to make something like that though its only a feeling yet... managed to find info on how to write keyboard and how to detect screen swipe etc. Putting it all together is a different proposition

I emailed developers of SlideIt which is similar to Swype in functionlity. They actually sold it as a product rather than through OEM only distribution like Swype.

They said that they are in process of developing Slide It for WP7 no release date yet.

I have a feeling that I might be able to make something like that though its only a feeling yet... managed to find info on how to write keyboard and how to detect screen swipe etc. Putting it all together is a different proposition

If you can pull it off Dave you'll be a millionaire!! Would be awesome to have it running on WP7! Good luck

Guest Hermit Dave
If you can pull it off Dave you'll be a millionaire!! Would be awesome to have it running on WP7! Good luck

thanks Sb. That was more encouraging that you might think. Let me at least give it a try instead of waiting

Guest awarner

Yep good luck, if you are the first to release a Swype type app and get the pricing right it will be a big seller, it's one comment request I hear on a regular basis.

Guest Hermit Dave
Yep good luck, if you are the first to release a Swype type app and get the pricing right it will be a big seller, it's one comment request I hear on a regular basis.

thanks... i am pretty sure Slide It people are way ahead of me in this. Started on Friday by testing my first app... trying to determine use touch / pattern etc. Need lots more work from me :D

• 3 weeks later...
thanks... i am pretty sure Slide It people are way ahead of me in this. Started on Friday by testing my first app... trying to determine use touch / pattern etc. Need lots more work from me :)

Keep at it, you never know where the competition is at. Good luck and let us know how its coming along!

• 1 month later...
Guest Hermit Dave
Keep at it, you never know where the competition is at. Good luck and let us know how its coming along!

Hey SB... sorry for not replying earlier. I have been playing with WP7 app development.

Got a couple of simpletons out and have finally started working on Sliding keyboard.

My impression is that i should get something out within the next few days (or weeks)... i have to work on matching words based on user entry. So far i have spend good few hours and it looks achieveable.

The only major issue is that it will be a keyboard app like other keyboard apps floating in market place. no chance of replacing SIP at this point.

What do you think about pricing it ? 0.99 good enough ? or you reckon there are people who'd pay more ? plus not sure about trail mode. maybe let user type but not give them functionality to email or sms etc.. let me know your thoughts on this.

Guest awarner

Trial mode sounds good especially diabling SMS as that would probably be the main use, unless you can do a 10 go trial?

£0.99 is a good price, to charge more you would have to have a very polished app that would have to equal Swype then I would say it could be pushed to the £2.49 range.

The other option is ad supported but I personally hate this system as it can feel very invasive especially as some developers are pretty sloppy in design unfortunately.

Guest Hermit Dave
Trial mode sounds good especially diabling SMS as that would probably be the main use, unless you can do a 10 go trial?

£0.99 is a good price, to charge more you would have to have a very polished app that would have to equal Swype then I would say it could be pushed to the £2.49 range.

The other option is ad supported but I personally hate this system as it can feel very invasive especially as some developers are pretty sloppy in design unfortunately.

i am keeping the look as default keyboard... not changing that in any way... in use, i hope to match swype or slide it though i dont know what algoritms they use or whether mine can match their.. still i am not going to put it up for sale if its not good enough ;)

i agree with ad supported apps... of the apps i have done, only Scribble is ad supported. Both Alarm Clock and Learn to write are paid apps.

there's too much uncertainity in terms of revenues as well...

Guest Hermit Dave

Hello mate.. i have published v1.0 for 0.99 in Marketplace. Its called Sliding Keyboard. Let me know your thoughts on it.