[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp
Did anybody notice, the proximity sensor just shuts off the display and puts it back only once during a call. I was calling a friend and put the SFO near my ear, and the screen was off, and I took the SFO away from the ear, screen came back, but again I put it back it doesnot go off.

BTW, Mine is OLED Gen1 converted to Gen2 running N73.

It was discussed on the previous page, you need to turn off auto brightness.

Guest tdodd
i'm not seeing gps reboot issue in n73 like some are btw - that was fixed ages ago, maybe people need to do a data/factory wipe, not just dalvik?

I wiped data, cache, Dalvik and then ran a factory reset and I got a GPS reboot within a few minutes while fiddling about at home.

Guest tdodd
tdodd - titanium is shite, that's probably what caused all your issues - just wipe everything and restore apps using market and manually restore data.

OK. Will do.

What is the correct method to backup and restore apps and app data? I understand system stuff is taboo, but I thought apps were OK. I haven't been doing a lot of ROM installs, but even so it is getting a tad tedious to keep setting the bloody phone up from scratch over and over again.

Guest sej7278
Hmm, so the command ending with 'brunch blade' is correct? I've synced repo just before compilation. Maybe there are different repos for stable and nightly builds?

I have used:

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread

Could you provide repo link that you've used?

i just used the instructions from here - same git repo and brunch command:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...enMod_for_Blade

there should be 7.0 (stable) and 7.1 (dev) repo's, but dunno how we've managed to select different ones!

Guest sej7278
OK. Will do.

What is the correct method to backup and restore apps and app data? I understand system stuff is taboo, but I thought apps were OK. I haven't been doing a lot of ROM installs, but even so it is getting a tad tedious to keep setting the bloody phone up from scratch over and over again.

you only need to wipe everything on your first install (or if moving from 7.0 stable to 7.1 nightlies i guess).

as far as apps go, market should just pull them down automatically for you (assuming you installed gapps when flashing) or you can push them from the market website on a pc to your phone. i only have one app that's non-market (igo8) which i just copy to the sdcard.

i sync my contacts with gmail now so that's automatic, other than that data is only settings like wifi key and google login which you can manually do (its only once).

EDIT: i just thought - the first time after an update of google maps, it reboots as part of the install i think - did that for me when 5.4 came down the pipes, its not the same as the gps reboot bug. try launching it again, i bet you don't get a reboot.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp
tdodd - titanium is shite, that's probably what caused all your issues - just wipe everything and restore apps using market and manually restore data.

When you get the hang of it, Titanium is excellent. It just has the most illogical UI (though they do seem to be working on that in newer versions) and you need to ignore it when it claims it can safely backup system apps in green and use it only for user apps.

On another note, someone posted on the bug tracker that using an alternate contacts app does fix the dialler sensor issue. :unsure: Today... I shall mostly be choosing a new dialler!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest AdwiL

@sej7278

Strange thing, I've used the same page to configure my git and repo. I'll delete everything and try again.

EDIT:

Ahhh what system are you using? I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 x86

Edited by AdwiL

Guest k0zmic
When you get the hang of it, Titanium is excellent. It just has the most illogical UI (though they do seem to be working on that in newer versions) and you need to ignore it when it claims it can safely backup system apps in green and use it only for user apps.

On another note, someone posted on the bug tracker that using an alternate contacts app does fix the dialler sensor issue. :unsure: Today... I shall mostly be choosing a new dialler!

Let us know how it goes please!

Guest targetbsp
Let us know how it goes please!

Go Contacts is the one suggested on the bug tracker that fixes it but Go products are a little flashy for my tastes so I'll be checking out more reserved apps. :unsure:

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278
EDIT:

Ahhh what system are you using? I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 x86

fedora 13 x86_64 but that shouldn't make a difference - ubuntu 10.04 x86_64 is the preferred platform - dunno if 11.04 and/or 32-bit has issues, i know i didn't do well when i tried 10.10 x86_64 though.

are you sure you're using the "repo" shell script that was downloaded and not the "repo" command built into ubuntu?

try " ./repo sync" from within your ~/android/system/ directory or wherever you put your checkout, mine looks like:

android   build		device	  hardware  ndk	   prebuilt  system

bionic	dalvik	   external	libcore   out	   repo	  vendor

bootable  development  frameworks  Makefile  packages  sdk

Guest SantiagoChow
I installed N73 and gapps ...but I dont have Android Market ? anybody know why ?

me too......stand in line and wait for help. even if I reflashed the market.zip in recovery, I still can't get my market.

Guest sej7278
On another note, someone posted on the bug tracker that using an alternate contacts app does fix the dialler sensor issue. :) Today... I shall mostly be choosing a new dialler!

'twas i, in the vain hope of getting it fixed i spammed the issue tracker a bit :unsure:

Edited by sej7278

Guest k0zmic
Go Contacts is the one suggested on the bug tracker that fixes it but Go products are a little flashy for my tastes so I'll be checking out more reserved apps. :unsure:

I see, you can change the theme though.

Also, did the guy who posted on the Bug Tracker say whether the Stock Dialer had to be uninstalled or just install GO Contacts with the Stock Dialer still installed?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest ColdEmbrace
me too......stand in line and wait for help. even if I reflashed the market.zip in recovery, I still can't get my market.

I never installed Gapps and i have the market :s maybe installing Gapps removes it...does gapps have an older market version?

Guest sej7278

which gapps? should be http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip which i guess is what rommanager picks, they pulled 20110503 as gtalk2 is iffy on arm6.

sounds silly, but you are logged into google (filled in your username) with wifi/3g aren't you - green statusbar icons?

Guest sej7278
I see, you can change the theme though.

Also, did the guy who posted on the Bug Tracker say whether the Stock Dialer had to be uninstalled or just install GO Contacts with the Stock Dialer still installed?

nah you can have both - just when you click phone or contacts (or receive a call i guess?) it asks you which one to use and if you want to set to default etc.

anyone tried dialler-one or any of the others, go-contacts seems popular but i expect that's because it supports chinese/russian language rather than features etc. the other themes are even more horrid than the default one!

Edited by sej7278

Guest k0zmic
nah you can have both - just when you click phone or contacts (or receive a call i guess?) it asks you which one to use and if you want to set to default etc.

anyone tried dialler-one or any of the others, go-contacts seems popular but i expect that's because it supports chinese/russian language rather than features etc. the other themes are even more horrid than the default one!

Yeah, I've tried Dialer One found it a bit slow and unpolished to be honest. Try Youlu as well.

Guest targetbsp

I've used Dialler One in the past and it's first on my list to try today! Did you try Go Contacts with an incoming call? (I'm guessing from the bit in brackets, probably not!) I sort of half imagine these apps only taking over outgoing cause there's not much to customise on an incoming call?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest tdodd
I never installed Gapps and i have the market :s maybe installing Gapps removes it...does gapps have an older market version?

I have never installed gapps - didn't know I was supposed to - and I have the market and also the prompt to install all manner of apps during CM7 setup, most of which I don't want, but it got me GMail and a couple of other things just fine.

It was a surprise to me to see the changes in the Android Market on the PC side. I had no idea that account linked functionality existed. When I first got my San Fran, way back last year, the market was pants on the PC side. Mind you, it's still not very good. It thinks I have apps installed which I did once upon a time, but not for a while. It's nice to see push from the PC working, but it's not as slick as Appbrain.

I suppose I'll get there in the end. Don't mind me. :unsure:

Guest sej7278

can anyone else confirm that using a non-stock dialler they're not seeing sensor/battery drain?

i don't want to be pointing the finger incorrectly if it is just a fluke with me.

and oddly enough for incoming calls it uses the stock dialler anyway, so is it possible that the problem lies with the (outgoing) dialler gui and not the backend process?

Guest k0zmic
can anyone else confirm that using a non-stock dialler they're not seeing sensor/battery drain?

i don't want to be pointing the finger incorrectly if it is just a fluke with me.

and oddly enough for incoming calls it uses the stock dialler anyway, so is it possible that the problem lies with the (outgoing) dialler gui and not the backend process?

I'm flashing CM7 now. Will let you know. I might also try uninstall or 'Freeze' the Stock Dialer and see if it makes a difference.

Edited by k0zmic