[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest vortexPC

on N74 - new install, wipe everything

hiss sound while receiving and during a call,

no hissing sound while placing and during the call,

battery only charges while connecting to usb (it charges if i reboot a couple of times).

Cheers,

PC

Guest !Amo!
On a sidenote: I am using the "fixed" N72 and it's been the best version of CM for me so far, battery life seems to be drastically improved over the previous versions and does not seem to take a ridiculous nosedive as soon as you make/receive a call or send/receive an SMS (this has been my biggest problem in previous builds), no GPS reboots, no speaker hiss, no charger reboots.

Can you upload this version somewhere and share the link please? :unsure:

Thank you!

Edited by !Amo!

Guest Snipperdag

Did a quick scan with a file comparison tool, N75 has 47 missing files from \system\lib\ and another 5 from the sub-directories when compared to N74.

Hard to say what going over the top of your N74 install will do, I still might be crazy enough to try. :unsure:

Edited by Snipperdag

Hi all,

I spent a few days with sej's build, which was quite nice actually.

Just moved to nightly 74, wiped cache and dalvik cache, everything ok till now.

I noticed something, though, but I'm pretty sure it was there earlier: the proximity sensor only works once per call...

I mean, if you give a call and activate the sensor, the screen switches off; then you free the sensor, the screen switches on. From this point, the screen won't ever go off again until next call!

Could you please let me know if you have the same behaviour?

I tried with the "force proximity sensor" on an off, same behaviour...

Edit: as a matter of fact the sensor works ok (touchscreen unresponsive), but the screen doesn't switch off but the first time.

Edited by Guest

Guest DonJamal
Hi all,

I noticed something, though, but I'm pretty sure it was there earlier: the proximity sensor only works once per call...

I mean, if you give a call and activate the sensor, the screen switches off; then you free the sensor, the screen switches on. From this point, the screen won't ever go off again until next call!

Me too :/

which files need 2 be replaced to get it work?

Edited by DonJamal

Guest biromester
n74, battery testing: 2g, no received calls, only 2 sms received - 8h55m, still at 100%.

Do a restart, and mesure the battery that way. I noticed a battery display bug: stucks in a level and won't go down if you know what I mean :).

Sometimes jut do a reboot manualy and you'll notice that the battery level will be 5-7% lower than before the restart (it depends on the usage level and time ofcourse).

If it stays at 100% after reboot then recive my deepest regards. :unsure:

Guest jeddy1
Can you upload this version somewhere and share the link please? :unsure:

Thank you!

edit: someone already did it sorry :)

Edited by jeddy1

Guest Psyloid
On a sidenote: I am using the "fixed" N72 and it's been the best version of CM for me so far, battery life seems to be drastically improved over the previous versions and does not seem to take a ridiculous nosedive as soon as you make/receive a call or send/receive an SMS (this has been my biggest problem in previous builds), no GPS reboots, no speaker hiss, no charger reboots.

same for me, no real issues yet, even the dialer behaves normal (no battery drain), only thing is some minor gps issues (1 reboot and if the phone is on for a while if i turn on gps, it doesnt work untill i reboot) but i don't use gps on the phone often anyway

Guest targetbsp
Hi all,

Edit: as a matter of fact the sensor works ok (touchscreen unresponsive), but the screen doesn't switch off but the first time.

You need to turn off auto-brightness. It and the in call proximity sensor don't currently play nicely together.

Guest Grain
the proximity sensor only works once per call...

The new libsensors might cause that. Proximity sensor and ambient light sensor are the same thing; if you use auto brightness, continuous reading the light sensor by that function might break proximity checking in the dialer. Try disabling auto brightness (if you use it).

"Force proximity sensor" is unrelated.

Mmm thanks to targetbsp & Grain for the tip, but it didn't work for me :unsure:

Even after a reboot, for what it's worth...

I also disabled the CM settings relative to the display, but no improvement...

Guest DannyDanny

i am experiencing signifcant battery usage when i am on 3g.

I thought it was because of some apps I am uisng, but when im on wifi, it doesnt drain the battery out that much.

If I just leave the 3g on, it takes about 20~30% of the battery in a day. (nothing else, just keeping it on)

If I actually do stuff with 3g on, about 4hrs is what I can do with the phone.

Im on 7.0.3 stable and it is just too annoying!!

Guest Grain
Mmm thanks to targetbsp & Grain for the tip, but it didn't work for me :unsure:

Even after a reboot, for what it's worth...

I also disabled the CM settings relative to the display, but no improvement...

Then again, if proximity actually works (disables touchscreen) but only turning off the screen is missing, that might be another (probably CM wide, not Blade specific) issue.

Guest Psyloid
Then again, if proximity actually works (disables touchscreen) but only turning off the screen is missing, that might be another (probably CM wide, not Blade specific) issue.

Works for me on the modded N72, screen goes off and back on, and back off if i remove/put it to my head

Guest Psyloid
So N72 is the best nightly to come out atm?

What fixes have N72 performed from Stable 7.0.2?

-GPS is semi fixed (some user including me still have minor problems)

-accellerometer is fixed

-charging bug is fixed

edit : make sure you get the fixed N72 (otherwise screen rotation doesnt work and you are stuck in landscape mode) or get N73

Edited by Psyloid

Guest hahawas

Apart from the landscape fix, what are the differences between n72 and n73?

Thanks in advance btw

Edited by hahawas

Works for me on the modded N72, screen goes off and back on, and back off if i remove/put it to my head

OK same here: I went back to the modded N72, and with auto-brightness set to off the screen goes off every time!

When auto-brightness is on, the behaviour is the same as described earlier.

Did anything change relative to sensors or auto-brightness in N74??

Guest _amano
i am experiencing bla bla bla

Im on 7.0.3 stable and it is just too annoying!!

7.0.3 is an old release and we don't care about your problems with it. Upgrade to a current nightly N72 (fixed version) or N73/N74 (NOT N75) and you can discuss your findings with us. Because this is the nightly thread. For discussions of current nightlys.

Edited by _amano

Guest champrock

I am on N74,

i m using the volume+ trick after every call but still something seems to be draining the battery. I cant tell what, but i doubt if its working. Moreover, after a reboot, the battery fell by another 15% or so.

Plus, I experienced a reboot after using Google maps for sometime. Was unable to reproduce it.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Hi all,

Same problem here with n73 Ogami. :unsure:

Trying with or without auto-brightness setting, same result. I'll go back to n72 until this will be fixed.

Does it have any link to that ?

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest fonix232
Same problem here with n73 Ogami. :unsure:

Trying with or without auto-brightness setting, same result. I'll go back to n72 until this will be fixed.

Does it have any link to that ?

It has nothing to do with that, the light and the proximity sensors are working separated, only problem is that proximity will not work with ligh sensors enabled. When you start a call, proximity is switched on automagically, while light sensors are switched off. But when the prox sensor senses that you've moven your phone away from your ear, it enables light sensor again.

It has nothing to do with that, the light and the proximity sensors are working separated, only problem is that proximity will not work with ligh sensors enabled. When you start a call, proximity is switched on automagically, while light sensors are switched off. But when the prox sensor senses that you've moven your phone away from your ear, it enables light sensor again.

Thanks for this explanation! It sure helps to understand what lies behind this bug/specific behaviour.

However, what could explain the change of behaviour since N73? Apparently since this nightly the phone acts as if the light sensor was enabled, even if the checkbox is not ticked in the settings.

Well, at least that's what suggests my experience and that of a few others...