[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Cool! On it :D

Expected to be the last RC before the final according to their blog.

what final release ?

as in a stable gingerbread rom

they saying on blog RC4 is most stable yet :D

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp

Yeah. I mean that was obvious by their release of RC4 being so soon after RC3. They clearly felt RC3 was good enough except for a quick fix.

Note it means stable in general across their range of phones - not specifically ours. Calling it stable isn't going to magically fix our bug list. :D Though the GPS reboot issue is the only thing that would stop me classing it stable - and that one doesn't even affect me as I don't use the gps.

Guest vermont

I just got 8 days out of it and is still on 36%. I expect to get 10 days. 4 short calls, around 2 min per call, 5 text messages, one hour of display usage + 15min Fruit Ninja. (Nightly 28)

OC @ 710 MHz

I am using only 2G networks, no WLAN, no GPS

Deleted ADW Launcher, replaced with ADW EX (very smooth), deactivated all animations and effects. I am very satisfied, super fast and very long lasting battery!

Edited by vermont

Guest jayhix
I just got 8 days out of it and is still on 36%. I expect to get 10 days. 4 short calls, around 2 min per call, 5 text messages, one hour of display usage + 15min Fruit Ninja. (Nightly 28)

OC @ 710 MHz

I am using only 2G networks, no WLAN, no GPS

Deleted ADW Launcher, replaced with ADW EX (very smooth), deactivated all animations and effects. I am very satisfied, super fast and very long lasting battery!

I wouldnt call that using your phone, it may as well be off with that amount of use :|

Guest JayGB1982

8 days without hardly any usage... Hmmm I wonder...

I call BS... This ROM sucks battery life like nothing.... Basically its OK if you dont use the phone as a smartphone or dont even make any calls....

Wifi = Broken

Radio = Broken

Whats been fixed since Nightly 18? Proximity and a battery icon... Not much in terms or moving forward.. Changing wifi back and forth as well as changing some Wallpaper have been the highlights in the last 2 weeks... Boring...

Back to Froyo for stablility I think..

Maybe... Just Maybe CM7 will be suitable for day to day usage someday..

Guest Fou-lu

I call BS... This ROM sucks battery life like nothing.... Basically its OK if you dont use the phone as a smartphone or dont even make any calls.

well maybe for you, but coming from FLB, CM Is perfectly day-day, battery ISN'T terrible at all, 0-2% loss every night, ps1 emu+opera mini open usage around 6hrs, very minor bug on certain apps, 1 reboot every two days, nothing bad there on N25, for gaming-internet CM7 rules, plus the fact its 2.3.3 on a £100 phone..

calls? text? email? all fine, posts like yours make people think this rom isn't useable, which it definitely is.

Guest Roo13
Can I install RC4 over RC3 without wiping?

Wipe at least cache and dalvik cache before flash, that's what i do but you won't be able to complain 'til full wipe :D see rule #1..

Guest reluctant_traveller

I think at this stage of the game, no one should really be asking that anymore; it literally takes a few minutes using appbrain and something like sms backup+ to restore your apps and messages, and all that is left is to add wifi details if required.

Not wiping before installing is what generates probably the highest amount of problems reported immediately after a new RC or nightly and actually delays discovering what the new real issues are.

Just wipe, even if the MD5 codes match between nightlies because nothing changes; wipe anyway. Wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe etc etc etc. :D

Guest reluctant_traveller
well maybe for you, but coming from FLB, CM Is perfectly day-day, battery ISN'T terrible at all, 0-2% loss every night, ps1 emu+opera mini open usage around 6hrs, very minor bug on certain apps, 1 reboot every two days, nothing bad there on N25, for gaming-internet CM7 rules, plus the fact its 2.3.3 on a £100 phone..

calls? text? email? all fine, posts like yours make people think this rom isn't useable, which it definitely is.

Hear hear! Until we have kinetic power regeneration or miniature fission reactors built into the phone, people need to realise there is a limit to the amount of juice you can pack into a battery pack that small, this isn't 1992 when mobiles were as thick as two decks of cards and had a single line 7-segment lcd for a screen and still only managed around 45minutes call time or even the 1980's when you had a small coal station attached via a springy coiled wire and an antenna as thick as an italian pepperoni sausage sucking megajoules of energy from the airwaves but still required you to wear leopard skin posing pouches and drive a girly man-p3nis BMW convertible with the engine running at at least 2000rpm in order to keep the thing supplied with enough energy to have a PTT conversation with your therapist or shady stockdealing friend.

Sigh.. the battery seems fine.

Guest gat2011

I call BS... This ROM sucks battery life like nothing.... Basically its OK if you dont use the phone as a smartphone or dont even make any calls....

Wifi = Broken

Radio = Broken

Whats been fixed since Nightly 18? Proximity and a battery icon... Not much in terms or moving forward.. Changing wifi back and forth as well as changing some Wallpaper have been the highlights in the last 2 weeks... Boring...

Back to Froyo for stablility I think..

Another troll cage been rattled here. FFS! You'll be asking the devs for compensation next. It is your attitude that sucks. Show a little respect and gratitude for people who are giving you something for absolutely nothing. You post as if they owe you something. What's the incentive for them to improve things if you post arrogant, boring drivel?

Go away and enjoy Froyo....and stay there.

If you don't like it, just walk away. Second thoughts, run please: Your posts are a waste of time.

Guest hecatae

please wipe, if you are using google backup and restore it'll download and restore all your apps anyway

Guest Tobriand

Still not using since every time I think the last showstopper for me has gone down another one pops up! (Currently: GPS; previously: Battery life, touch screen freezes, and proximity sensor).

However, I have a thought:

GPS states... In particular, I wonder if it has 3 states:

Active, Idle, Off

Active = Actively positioning

Idle = Maintaining a cache of where the user was previously to speed up positioning in the near future

Off = Off

If so, then presumably all that's happening is the transition from Idle to Off is being sent to the whole phone rather than the GPS chip. Just a guess of course, but it feels plausible...

Guest flickflack
please wipe, if you are using google backup and restore it'll download and restore all your apps anyway

As a new member thats what i always do and have had very few problems with any of the builds which has not been self inflicted

on another note how important is it to enable anonymous statistics,do the developers use this and is it important that every CM7 user selects it to aid them

Guest hecatae
As a new member thats what i always do and have had very few problems with any of the builds which has not been self inflicted

on another note how important is it to enable anonymous statistics,do the developers use this and is it important that every CM7 user selects it to aid them

the developers use this:

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cmstats-wh...u-should-opt-in

Guest Krinyo

:D I'm on n32 + exp. kernel v6

GPS: working

Proximity: fixed

App2SD: fixed

Touch screen freezes: fixed

Battery drain: fixed (exp. kernel v6)

Oc'd to 729: never reboots. never.

Fast, reliable, smart and free.

Guest forney27
Another troll cage been rattled here. FFS! You'll be asking the devs for compensation next. It is your attitude that sucks. Show a little respect and gratitude for people who are giving you something for absolutely nothing. You post as if they owe you something. What's the incentive for them to improve things if you post arrogant, boring drivel?

Go away and enjoy Froyo....and stay there.

If you don't like it, just walk away. Second thoughts, run please: Your posts are a waste of time.

Could not have said it better!

As far as N32, this is definitely the best nightly so far, Ive had no reboots, WIFI seems to be okay and battery life is really decent.

Good job and thanks to the Devs, their hard work has come quite a long way.

Edited by forney27

Guest Janil

So, USB tethering was moved to enhancements. Does CM7 lack USB tethering in general or is this a Blade specific issue? This is the reason I haven't updated to CM7 yet, I was waiting for it to be finished since it was marked "started" a long time ago.

Guest targetbsp

What are people talking about? The wifi is fixed in rc4 or using the patch for rc3, the proximity was fixed what feels like ages ago, the touchscreen is meant to be fixed? GPS is pretty much all that's left (I don't use that personally so cant comment on it). Are people still on RC2 moaning about half this stuff? :D

If you;re not prepared to put up with a rom in a state of development and keep on top of it... then use one that isn't. It's not rocket science. B)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Michealtbh

Just got the gps bug on rc4. I happened to check my phone just before it rebooted and noticed I was'nt connected to my network, no signal at all, so I'm guessing it's a radio issue. I didn't get a logcat unfortunately