[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ididmytime

is this up-to-date information as i thought the chip had been changed to 1ghz now?

being arm6 means still no flash.

Yes its 100% confirmed now, look for posts on the Skate forum and Blade.

Guest Anil k Solanki

It's also running at 800mhz, Will be overclockable to 900+ no doubt.

An overclocked blade will be near enough identical to a stock Skate in speed... I wouldn't call the Skate and upgrade by any means now.

Hi ididmytime, My Blade runs at stable 787Mhz, and even at stock speeds is plenty fast for my needs. A bigger screen (Same resolution), and perhaps a better camera would be nice. Again it all depends on price. If it's more than £180, then I will look elsewhere.

Anil.

Guest lordofangels

Hi ididmytime, My Blade runs at stable 787Mhz, and even at stock speeds is plenty fast for my needs. A bigger screen (Same resolution), and perhaps a better camera would be nice. Again it all depends on price. If it's more than £180, then I will look elsewhere.

Anil.

It is around £220.00 unlocked zte branded,

maybe the Orange branded version with subsidy could take it quite a bit lower though.

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi, After comments posted here, and after I saw my Blade reboot on its own, I decided to make a note of when the ROM Manager Premium, Cyanogen update icon appeared in the status bar, which would indicate a reboot. Well long story short, I saw my Blade reboot on its own again today running N131. So I flashed sej7278's N136+ ROM, thanks sej7278. A few hours later I saw my Blade reboot. Not a huge problem because the phone has never rebooted whilst using it.

But I would like to try and find out why. So I have a question. Users who have the random reboot symptom, have you also overclocked your Blade?

Thanks Anil.

Guest qwerty_29

Am going to try your build, sej! Great feedback, congratiulations!

One question, though: what should I wipe when going from N131 to this N136+?

One more thing: does anyone know any way to enable MMS with data disabled?? I'm from Portugal, and while the 3G Data is a Pay-per-use, I have free MMS and I would like to use it on CM7.

When In stock ROM (2.1), I would use an APN app that would disable data and enble MMS, but that does not seem to work in this ROM, and so I cant receive/send MMS without spending money on internet data... Any solutions?

I am using your build for two days now, sej! Great on WiFi connection! 100% reliable! As for WiFi battery draining, I must admit I don't think that there is much difference... after some days using it do you still believe that it consumes less battery?

When It comes to "press any button to wake phone", I still find it pretty much unreliable... Sometimes it does wake up when pressing menu/back/home, sometimes it does not... has someone find a pattern in here?

Another issue is the battery usage graphic. Checking that I still find that the phone is not asleep overnight even though before going to sleep myself I assured that the phone wouldn't wake up pressing any button except power, isn't it strange?

Besides all that, I think that the battery percentage indication is pretty unreliable. Per example yesterday it stayed for several hours in 50% (4 hours or so). I found that strange, so I rebooted the phone to check whether that was correct or not. When the phone restarted the battery percentage updated to 43%... does anyone else notice this?

Finally, any hints about that MMS issue?

Thank you all who helped, anil, sej, everyone! great community! ;)

Guest sej7278

I am using your build for two days now, sej! Great on WiFi connection! 100% reliable! As for WiFi battery draining, I must admit I don't think that there is much difference... after some days using it do you still believe that it consumes less battery?

When It comes to "press any button to wake phone", I still find it pretty much unreliable... Sometimes it does wake up when pressing menu/back/home, sometimes it does not... has someone find a pattern in here?

Another issue is the battery usage graphic. Checking that I still find that the phone is not asleep overnight even though before going to sleep myself I assured that the phone wouldn't wake up pressing any button except power, isn't it strange?

Besides all that, I think that the battery percentage indication is pretty unreliable. Per example yesterday it stayed for several hours in 50% (4 hours or so). I found that strange, so I rebooted the phone to check whether that was correct or not. When the phone restarted the battery percentage updated to 43%... does anyone else notice this?

no idea about MMS i'm afraid.

i use some glass analog clock applet thing to show my system info, and that is definitely unreliable when it comes to battery level, so i prefer to look in settings->about phone when moaning about wifi drain :D

i'm currently trying to figure out how to built Tom_G's kernel from git source, and merge that into n139

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi qwerty_29, your'e welcome, this is indeed a great community. As for your MMS issue, below is an excerpt from Wikipedia, I am not sure you can send an MMS without data enabled. The excerpt below explains in more detail. My question to you would be, why would you be charged for data when you are sending an MMS? If no browser, email or data app is running?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical description

MMS messages are delivered in a completely different way from SMS. The first step is for the sending device to encode the multimedia content in a fashion similar to sending a MIME e-mail (MIME content formats are defined in the MMS Message Encapsulation specification). The message is then forwarded to the carrier's MMS store and forward server, known as the MMSC. If the receiver is on another carrier, the relay forwards the message to the recipient's carrier using the Internet.[5]

Once the MMSC has received a message, it first determines whether the receiver's handset is "MMS capable", that is it supports the standards for receiving MMS. If so, the content is extracted and sent to a temporary storage server with an HTTP front-end. An SMS "control message" containing the URL of the content is then sent to the recipient's handset to trigger the receiver's WAP browser to open and receive the content from the embedded URL. Several other messages are exchanged to indicate status of the delivery attempt.[6] Before delivering content, some MMSCs also include a conversion service that will attempt to modify the multimedia content into a format suitable for the receiver. This is known as "content adaptation".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just had a quick look under Settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile networks>Access point names> There you will see a list of data access point from the available Telcos. select the one for your Telco. when you select your Telco. it allows you to configure that access point. In that list of settings should be an MMS proxy, mine is web.treumts.it there should also be an MMS port, mine is 8799. You will need to find the settings for your Telco. if they are not already there. Google is your friend here.

I hope this helps you.

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest LorianNod

a quick google comes up with a workaround for that:

but wouldn't that stop apps working in landscape mode - or does it just stop the homescreen from rotating?

My memory says I've seen this issue before (maybe not on the blade). IIRC there is a file somewhere you can change a parameter to make it check the orientation less frequently, and hence use less CPU. I cant remember the details, will try to find it later unless someone feels like more googling.

Guest sej7278

My memory says I've seen this issue before (maybe not on the blade). IIRC there is a file somewhere you can change a parameter to make it check the orientation less frequently, and hence use less CPU. I cant remember the details, will try to find it later unless someone feels like more googling.

i found that too first results for "akmd2" on google lol

Guest qwerty_29

no idea about MMS i'm afraid.

i use some glass analog clock applet thing to show my system info, and that is definitely unreliable when it comes to battery level, so i prefer to look in settings->about phone when moaning about wifi drain :D

i'm currently trying to figure out how to built Tom_G's kernel from git source, and merge that into n139

Yes, but I find the stock battery meter (the one in the notification bar) to be unreliable as well... The issue I talked about (had 50% battery before reboot and 43% after) was "measured" using the stock battery meter...

Waiting for that new build! ;)

Hi qwerty_29, your'e welcome, this is indeed a great community. As for your MMS issue, below is an excerpt from Wikipedia, I am not sure you can send an MMS without data enabled. The excerpt below explains in more detail. My question to you would be, why would you be charged for data when you are sending an MMS? If no browser, email or data app is running?

Technical description

MMS messages are delivered in a completely different way from SMS. The first step is for the sending device to encode the multimedia content in a fashion similar to sending a MIME e-mail (MIME content formats are defined in the MMS Message Encapsulation specification). The message is then forwarded to the carrier's MMS store and forward server, known as the MMSC. If the receiver is on another carrier, the relay forwards the message to the recipient's carrier using the Internet.[5]

Once the MMSC has received a message, it first determines whether the receiver's handset is "MMS capable", that is it supports the standards for receiving MMS. If so, the content is extracted and sent to a temporary storage server with an HTTP front-end. An SMS "control message" containing the URL of the content is then sent to the recipient's handset to trigger the receiver's WAP browser to open and receive the content from the embedded URL. Several other messages are exchanged to indicate status of the delivery attempt.[6] Before delivering content, some MMSCs also include a conversion service that will attempt to modify the multimedia content into a format suitable for the receiver. This is known as "content adaptation".

I have just had a quick look under Settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile networks>Access point names> There you will see a list of data access point from the available Telcos. select the one for your Telco. when you select your Telco. it allows you to configure that access point. In that list of settings should be an MMS proxy, mine is web.treumts.it there should also be an MMS port, mine is 8799. You will need to find the settings for your Telco. if they are not already there. Google is your friend here.

I hope this helps you.

Anil.

Thanks Anil, but unfortunatly that didnt do the trick...guess it is a default Android 2.3 (or CM7) config, and that there is nothing to do about it... Before I used the APNdroid app which would configure my APN's in order to "separate" the data APN from the MMS, but now that does not work anymore...

Guest Anil k Solanki

Thanks Anil, but unfortunatly that didnt do the trick...guess it is a default Android 2.3 (or CM7) config, and that there is nothing to do about it... Before I used the APNdroid app which would configure my APN's in order to "separate" the data APN from the MMS, but now that does not work anymore...

Hi qwerty_29, can't you create your own APN with the MMS settings for your Telco?

Anil.

Guest qwerty_29

Hi qwerty_29, can't you create your own APN with the MMS settings for your Telco?

Anil.

I did that but it was not working, until i realized: maybe this is really Gingerbread specific, so I must be smarter then the Android!

Here is what I did:

I searched the web for the APN MMS configuration for my mobile company;

Created that specific APN and enabled it (put the green marker on it);

Erased the default Internet APN from the list (this way, the only configured APN is the MMS that I created);

Enabled data under Mobile Networks.

So, as it seems that Android only lets us receive MMS over data, this way What I think happens is that the Android thinks that it is using data to receive MMS, it actually isn't, because the APN for the data was erased.

Downside: YOU CAN'T USE DATA EVEN IF YOU WANT TO! lol!

Positive side: you don't spend money using data (Anil, you suggested some posts ago that I would never spend money because data usage would only be for MMS, but that would only be true if I disabled auto-sync, because otherwise when accessing data to receive MMS, the Blade would automatically sync mails, etc, making it a more-than-to-receive-MMS data access [hope it was not a confusing explanation])...

Thanks!!! ;)

Guest tsddave

Yes I find that the stock battery meter is unreliable.Often after a restart my batt level changes by alot.

I wipe batt stats after each nightly install always when on 100% batt level.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

Yes I find that the stock battery meter is unreliable.Often after a restart my batt level changes by alot.

I wipe batt stats after each nightly install always when on 100% batt level.

A reboot eats up ~5% battery, that's "normal" (unfortunately).

Guest Blues003

I did that but it was not working, until i realized: maybe this is really Gingerbread specific, so I must be smarter then the Android!

Here is what I did:

I searched the web for the APN MMS configuration for my mobile company;

Created that specific APN and enabled it (put the green marker on it);

Erased the default Internet APN from the list (this way, the only configured APN is the MMS that I created);

Enabled data under Mobile Networks.

So, as it seems that Android only lets us receive MMS over data, this way What I think happens is that the Android thinks that it is using data to receive MMS, it actually isn't, because the APN for the data was erased.

Downside: YOU CAN'T USE DATA EVEN IF YOU WANT TO! lol!

Positive side: you don't spend money using data (Anil, you suggested some posts ago that I would never spend money because data usage would only be for MMS, but that would only be true if I disabled auto-sync, because otherwise when accessing data to receive MMS, the Blade would automatically sync mails, etc, making it a more-than-to-receive-MMS data access [hope it was not a confusing explanation])...

Thanks!!! ;)

That hasn't worked for me. I've tried it. I do not think it is a Gingerbread issue. The reason I have to say that is because MMSs work just fine on GSF Rom.

Data is needed for MMS retrieving. Your issue is what I think is the same with mine: internet access. For some reason, CM7 demands me to have internet access whenever I try to download an MMS. Because I do not have an internet plan, whenever I got a MMS I'd end up paying 1.29€, as a daily internet pack would automatically be charged.

Changing ROMs to GSF now allows me to receive MMS with the data active, while keeping internet disabled. Data is activated, but Internet isn't, so I don't ed up paying a daily fee.

Hope that clears some stuff up,

Blues003

Guest Cyclothunder

That hasn't worked for me. I've tried it. I do not think it is a Gingerbread issue. The reason I have to say that is because MMSs work just fine on GSF Rom.

Data is needed for MMS retrieving. Your issue is what I think is the same with mine: internet access. For some reason, CM7 demands me to have internet access whenever I try to download an MMS. Because I do not have an internet plan, whenever I got a MMS I'd end up paying 1.29€, as a daily internet pack would automatically be charged.

Changing ROMs to GSF now allows me to receive MMS with the data active, while keeping internet disabled. Data is activated, but Internet isn't, so I don't ed up paying a daily fee.

Hope that clears some stuff up,

Blues003

How did you kept internet disabled with data turned on?

This MMS issue is really annoying.

There are 2 APN, one for internet, and another for MMS. The App APN Portugal (and APN Droid) disable the internet connection by invalidating the Internet APN by adding a # to the APN.

This way, the internet is disabled (since the apn is invalid) but the MMS APN should be enabled and working as is not altered.

Note that this does not concerns the "Data Enabled" option that must be ON. I see in this and other threads the misuse and confusing of "enabling data" when they are refering to enabling or disabling the Internet APN!

Unfortunately, some roms like CyanogenMod, (although perusing the code seems that nothing has changed regarding ginger) test if there is MMS connectivity and fail.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Mms/blob/gingerbread/src/com/android/mms/transaction/TransactionService.java

private boolean isNetworkAvailable() {

return mConnMgr.getNetworkInfo(ConnectivityManager.TYPE_MOBILE_MMS).

isAvailable();

}
This will later trigger the
onNetworkUnavailable()

and show the lovely toast that says that the message can't be sent at that moment.

My guess (since I cant compile CM at the moment to do some more testing), is that this is returning false if the Internet APN is disabled/invalid even if the MMS APN isn't.

In some stock roms, since it is possible to send MMS with the internet APN disabled, and that CM code seems to match (at least this part, maybe Connection Manager is different) gingerbread one, I wonder if those roms are alterered in this regard.

PS: Is possible to turn on the Log for the TransactionService VERBOSE tags without recompiling the code?

PS2: Has anyone actually been able to sucessfuly use APN Portugal (or APN Droid) to disable the internet APN but still be able to send MMS?

Guest ajpb luso

i found that too first results for "akmd2" on google lol http://www.drakaz.co...opic.php?id=306

I did the process described on this page and noticed that the temperature sensor gives the correct reading.

Before the process had a temperature of 40 to 54 degrees with the screen off and now I have about 30 degrees;)

Thanks for the tip sej7278

Guest Moeen Mahboob

Super User never gives a pop up for TypeFresh app, instead, TypeFresh fails to patch fonts with error "Failed to remount /system". The only distro which actually allowed SU to TypeFresh is Blue Ginger v4. (Out of 3 I tested, FLB Froyo RLS11, Blue Ginger v4, CM7 #139)