[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

is cm7 still riddled with bugs? which is most stable?

sorry havent been on this thread for ages

Its actually pretty decent now. Try the N179 Kang with p3 patch thats going around.

Hi, Allsmile.gif

I had tested with update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-n179-2635p3-signed.zip

Touchscreen can't worksad.gif( i knew some new driver had add. e.g.FocalTech)

Here is some log by my stock rom, hope can help to fix it.

[1: swapper]wly: Fts_i2c_read, FT5X0X_REG_FIRMID = 21.

input: Fts-touchscreen as /devices/virtual/input/input0

Fts_ts_probe: Start touchscreen Fts-touchscreen in interrupt mode

Fts FW ID read ID = 15,ret = 0

It should already be supported in the 2.6.35 source, its just disabled in the kernel config. It will be in the next patch set.

at the moment i'm just using tom_g's gerrit commits, not compiling the kernel myself so i wouldn't have pulled that in.

looks like kalltkaffe has fixed the incredibly long boot sequence (on v9, tom_g merged it into blade) and tom_g added tun support back in.

patch4 should be great!

It should already be supported in the 2.6.35 source, its just disabled in the kernel config. It will be in the next patch set.

Thanks for your reply, i'll be waiting for patch 4laugh.gif

tom, i've compiled 2.6.35 from your github, and was wondering which of these from modules.order we can safely leave out of a build (i've removed the test ones).

you seem to have just kept cifs, zram and the 2 lzo modules, and that's it.....?

kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko

kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/reset_modem.ko

kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko

kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko

kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko

kernel/drivers/input/evbug.ko

kernel/drivers/staging/zram/zram.ko

kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko

kernel/lib/lzo/lzo_compress.ko

kernel/lib/lzo/lzo_decompress.ko

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

assuming you can even setup a repo without kernel.org working, to get jacob's testing libs run:

git clone https://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_vendor_zte.git -b testing

then inside that there will be a blade/proprietary/ directory, replace your existing ~/cyanogenmod/vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/ directory with that.

Thanks for that! Yeah I'm getting it working (I think!) without kernel.org following this: http://android.modaco.com/topic/346419-quick-fix-to-get-this-repo-working-properly/

I just wanna see what happens when you do this on a Blade: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,7832 after wbaw said in another thread that that's the reason for the scrolling smoothness differences between CM7 and the other roms. I'm not sure if life is as simple as changing that compile time setting or not but I'll hopefully find out. :D

And if not, I'm setup to compile roms in the future anyhow. :)

I just wanna see what happens when you do this on a Blade: http://review.cyanog...om/#change,7832 after wbaw said in another thread that that's the reason for the scrolling smoothness differences between CM7 and the other roms.

lol, wasn't it wbaw who said debug.composition.type=gpu did exactly that too? :D

mind you a lot of boards seem to have TARGET_USES_16BPPSURFACE_FOR_OPAQUE set to true.

Thanks for that! Yeah I'm getting it working (I think!) without kernel.org following this: http://android.modaco.com/topic/346419-quick-fix-to-get-this-repo-working-properly/

I just wanna see what happens when you do this on a Blade: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,7832 after wbaw said in another thread that that's the reason for the scrolling smoothness differences between CM7 and the other roms. I'm not sure if life is as simple as changing that compile time setting or not but I'll hopefully find out. :D

And if not, I'm setup to compile roms in the future anyhow. :)

yeah, wbaw said that after I mentioned it to him. its already in patchset 3.

tom, i've compiled 2.6.35 from your github, and was wondering which of these from modules.order we can safely leave out of a build (i've removed the test ones).

you seem to have just kept cifs, zram and the 2 lzo modules, and that's it.....?

kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko

kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/reset_modem.ko

kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko

kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko

kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko

kernel/drivers/input/evbug.ko

kernel/drivers/staging/zram/zram.ko

kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko

kernel/lib/lzo/lzo_compress.ko

kernel/lib/lzo/lzo_decompress.ko

include what ever you want to use. If you're never going to load them, don't bother including them. Unless you've changed anything that would effect those modules you can just use the ones already included.

Guest targetbsp

Ah! I've already got that change then lol.

Almost there anyway. If only repo sync would stop timing out.

Thanks for the help guys. :)

Edited by targetbsp

yeah, wbaw said that after I mentioned it to him. its already in patchset 3.

yeah just noticed its in p3 already.

include what ever you want to use. If you're never going to load them, don't bother including them. Unless you've changed anything that would effect those modules you can just use the ones already included.

well i'm still not 100% sure what they all do, i did try to go through them all in 2.6.32 and came to the conclusion that only one or two were needed, and i think in 2.6.32 cifs was built-in not a module.

i'll just stick to the 4 already included.

Edited by sej7278

just rebuilt with the new defconfig with the alarm fix in it and it now takes 57secs to boot. still faster than vanilla patch3 i think so the alarm fix may have stopped the "double-boot" thing.

still nowhere near the 40secs of 2.6.32 though :(

just rebuilt with the new defconfig with the alarm fix in it and it now takes 57secs to boot. still faster than vanilla patch3 i think so the alarm fix may have stopped the "double-boot" thing.

Patchset3, bootanimation disabled, time from pushing the power button to the lockscreen ~ 40sec.

edit: btw, I rebuilt with softbuttons to test them again and as I reported earlier, still don't see the couple of lines of SMSs, "prepairing sdcard" etc. in statusbar. This happens even if softbuttons are located right. If I locate them right and hide them all, the statusbar notification texts work again as they should, displaying date is working as was reported earlier. So it seems to me it's either the messages or the buttons.. :(

Edited by sm4tik

Was it a clean start for both .32 and .35?

When you boot first time (after wipe data) it takes long to boot.

Was it a clean start for both .32 and .35?

When you boot first time (after wipe data) it takes long to boot.

I would take more than 57 secs after a wipe, or else sej's got a super-blade ;)

Patchset3, bootanimation disabled, time from pushing the power button to the lockscreen ~ 40sec.

edit: btw, I rebuilt with softbuttons to test them again and as I reported earlier, still don't see the couple of lines of SMSs, "prepairing sdcard" etc. in statusbar. This happens even if softbuttons are located right. If I locate them right and hide them all, the statusbar notification texts work again as they should, displaying date is working as was reported earlier. So it seems to me it's either the messages or the buttons.. :(

i still see prepairing sdcard missed calls etc; but then i don't actually display any softbuttons - i just enable the option in the build.

i see the date now i've moved the softbuttons to the right - even though i'm not displaying them!

i'd say its probably expected behaviour to not see the messages if you're displaying the softbuttons, there isn't any room on a 3.5" screen, it is a tablet feature after all.

as far as boots go, i tested from 2nd boot - not the reboot straight after a rom install, which obviously takes much longer.

oddly enough i just timed it again twice and went from green android to blue cyanogenmod in 17/18 secs and to lockscreen in a total of 36/37secs, not sure what happened before.

Edited by sej7278

i still see prepairing sdcard missed calls etc; but then i don't actually display any softbuttons - i just enable the option in the build.

i see the date now i've moved the softbuttons to the right - even though i'm not displaying them!

i'd say its probably expected behaviour to not see the messages if you're displaying the softbuttons, there isn't any room on a 3.5" screen, it is a tablet feature after all.

If there was a way to hide (or "roll") the buttons with the rest of the things in statusbar when a message needs to be displayed, then it would be ok.. but this sadly isn't the case.

I'll just make this as clear as I can to all who like softbuttons.

1. Display any softbuttons aligned left - no date, no messages

2. Display any softbuttons aligned right - date, no messages

3. Hide all softbuttons aligned left - no date, messages

4. Hide all softbuttons aligned right - date, messages

So to actually disable the softbuttons and get the statusbar fully functional again, 4. has to be used. This is also the current defaut with sej's builds.

* date = date in statusbar when notification is pulled down, messages = a couple of lines from an SMS, etc.

Guest LorianNod

If we ask nicely could we get this build?

thanks.

If we ask nicely could we get this build?

well i don't really want to release it as then you're not testing the kernel in gerrit, which is kind of the point of the exercise.

plus i expect patch4 will be along soon which incorporates all the changes i made; i'll do another build then.

sm4tik, yes that is how i configure softbuttons in my builds now (not displaying, and on the right so we can see the date) good explanation btw.

Guest ritterkeks

There is some discussion on what I think is the bluetooth problem you are having at http://review.cyanogenmod.com/7927.

As a temporary workaround for the problem you could use 'echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment'.

If you look in init.rc you will see alignment is currently set to 4 at boot. You could either change that to 2 and repack the boot image, or add a script in init.d to set it at boot. The code causing the problem should be fixed properly soon.

uhm what bluetooth problem?

'cause my bt audio is almost not working at all - still have to keep the headset within 20cm.

does this mean though, that AVRCP 1.3 is coming to cm in the future? would be cool to see something on the display of my mw600 - or on the bluetooth car audios, if you have one..

There is some discussion on what I think is the bluetooth problem you are having at http://review.cyanogenmod.com/7927.

As a temporary workaround for the problem you could use 'echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment'.

If you look in init.rc you will see alignment is currently set to 4 at boot. You could either change that to 2 and repack the boot image, or add a script in init.d to set it at boot. The code causing the problem should be fixed properly soon.

Hey Tom G, thanks for the reply & the info.

Tried that command in the Terminal emulator with no joy (probably not supposed to :lol:)

Not to worry, glad I'm not alone & a solution should be forthcoming.

Cheers, Paul

Guest hlubepet

'cause my bt audio is almost not working at all - still have to keep the headset within 20cm.

does this mean though, that AVRCP 1.3 is coming to cm in the future? would be cool to see something on the display of my mw600 - or on the bluetooth car audios, if you have one..

no BT issues here... 3 meters

For me since n171 my Bluetooth car kit would connect momentarily & then the Bluetooth symbol on the status bar would disappear & connection lost.

This behaviour cycles about every 30 seconds.

Cheers, Paul