[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

it seems to be building ok for me today (ooh android 2.3.7) looks like you've missed some translations or something in the sync there, or possibly only got the 2nd half of that commit?

you're not using java 1.7 or anything nasty?

Hey! where can I download it? :) android 2.3.7

thx!

Guest laguna2763

Awesome stuff! - Can you link me to everything you used? - I gotta get this working...

something picked up from your theme about win7, something from the Internet, something he said

Guest Mushroom_Lord

something picked up from your theme about win7, something from the Internet, something he said

I really need to fix the dialer...Except I dont think its possible because the buttons are set to fill the parent rather than wrapped around the dial numbers, so I cant reduce the spacing.

That obviously made no sense to most of us but hey ho!

Guest zasten

Been looking at logcat messages to see if there is anything about the Bluetooth music skipping. Seems this error always shows up when a skip occurs but don't see anything that would cause it...

"W/AudioFlinger( 151): write blocked for 1181 msecs, 15 delayed writes, thread 0x87028"

Always the same error with varying time and number of delayed writes. Not an expert but this may just indicate that a skip occurs rather than saying what the cause is.

Guest targetbsp

BTW why are there not any new Nightly builds?

It's possible they're prepping for the final based on chat over the past several pages. But on the other hand, it's not at all unusual for a nightly to be skipped.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Simon O

CyanogenMod 7.1.0 is due this weekend as it's being released at the Big Android BBQ. Nightlies will resume after.

Sadly the recent fixes that Tom has pushed won't make 7.1.0.

Guest t0mm13b

CyanogenMod 7.1.0 is due this weekend as it's being released at the Big Android BBQ. Nightlies will resume after.

Mind me asking - where's the Big Android BBQ being held at?

And the recent fixes, they will appear on the nightly after stable 7.1.0 comes out? :)

Cheers B)

Guest Silpion

Hi there,

just a short question, I still use N85 and it crashes a lot when using GPS. Is that still a problem with current versions?

Greetings,

Silpion

Guest zasten

The bbq is apparently in Austin Texas. The fixes should appear when they have been approved.

GPS bug seems to have been resolved and playing nicely with wifi since N208

I have also noticed some graphical errors using the patches (From 5 to 7 anyway)

Noticed in dolphin browser HD and the facebook app so far.

Here is an example. Easy to reproduce using facebook app and clicking all stories top right.

(excuse the crude smudging)

post-856378-0-91477600-1316967148_thumb.

The graphical problems are caused by using 16 bit for transparent surfaces. This wasn't enabled until one of the kernel patchsets. The move to 16 bit has increased some aspects of 2D performance considerably so I won't be disabling it, but I will see if I can do anything about the issues you have noticed.

I believe the ZTE roms also use 16 bit for these surfaces and I assume they don't suffer from the same problem, so it is likely a problem in CM7 rather than a problem in the app.

Guest hitvan

will someone please tell me, what to use to transfer apps to ext??

and i have been having black screens when i call someone or when i receive a call, and i have to restart to get the phone out of that stupid black screen

i am on nightly 210

Edited by hitvan

Guest sej7278

usb accessory mode you mean?

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

and i have been having black screens when i call someone or when i receive a call, and i have to restart to get the phone out of that stupid black screen

With the move to the new kernel you needed to recalibrate your proximity sensor. Start up the ZTE Blade Settings app in the app drawer and hit calibrate then wait a few seconds until it says done.

That's a pity Tom's fixes wont be in the 7.1.0 :/

What fixes are you talking about? Gerrit Links?

Guest SkiesOfAzel

Tom G, could you please include the Smartass2 governor into the kernel at some point? The Smartass governor is preferable since it saves battery, but when i play videos while using it they get out of synch with the sound, so every time i want to watch something i have to set the governor to On Demand. It certainly isn't a big deal but i am sure many CM7 users would appreciate this addition.

Thanks for your wonderful work !