[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest snowbord

my 220+ does not include the audio routing fix that is in 7.1

so are you saying 7.1 works properly or 220+ ?

Can you point us to your 221+ ROM that I see in your footer? Your ROM rocks - do you plan to post it on a more frequent basis? What happened to torrenting files - is this out of vogue now?

Excellent work btw.

Edited by snowbord

Guest targetbsp

sej, does your current rom have the old market version ?

If you want to keep the old market, install the gapps from June and freeze the market updater app in titanium

Its not weird. Skype have a history of writing their app badly. They have probably used the wrong routing strategy (which coincidentally was broken and routed incorrectly on blade until a few days ago).

I should also say it may just be that I screwed up. I'll do some testing.

Guest sej7278

Can you point us to your 221+ ROM that I see in your footer? Your ROM rocks - do you plan to post it on a more frequent basis? What happened to torrenting files - is this out of vogue now?

Excellent work btw.

i'm leaving off doing builds for the moment as we need to test 7.1 stable without confusing matters with my patched builds. this skype audio routing thing is a prime example - there's also a newer kernel in my 220+ so it might not just be the missing routing patch "fixing" the problem.

also we can't raise issue tracker reports on my builds.

my builds i believe helped with the 2.6.35 kernel early testing as there were no other builds with it, but for now i think we need to test 7.1 and nightlies.

p.s. i hate torrent/upload sites.

Edited by sej7278

(CM7 newbie)

ok I updated from JJ9 to CM7 220+ last night, all went fine, very impressed with the look, feel and options of CM7

however! phone was flat this morning. this never normally happens. any list of battery saving tips anywhere? wifi seemed to be staying on, not sure if that alone should eat ~70% cpu in 8 hours? i noticed cpu governor was not OnDemand (my usual) but Interactive or something weird.. which governor and settings are people finding good for battery life? need to solve this one fast or its back to.. SS or something Froyo. thanks. i realise battery was an issue but thought that was mostly solved?

Edited by Smiff2

Guest downloader50

Still looking for a better GPS notification bar icon ideally I would like the centre to go green when connected. I have seen this mod for GSF has anyone seen it for CM7.1?

Thanks

------------

here are the icons, you need

in framework-res.apk /res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_gps_on.png

in SystemUI.apk /res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_gps_acquiring.png

I use the kitchen to generate the flash zip

Do you have the zip file as for some reason i can't upload to the kitchen

Cheers

Guest snowbord

i'm leaving off doing builds for the moment as we need to test 7.1 stable without confusing matters with my patched builds. this skype audio routing thing is a prime example - there's also a newer kernel in my 220+ so it might not just be the missing routing patch "fixing" the problem.

also we can't raise issue tracker reports on my builds.

my builds i believe helped with the 2.6.35 kernel early testing as there were no other builds with it, but for now i think we need to test 7.1 and nightlies.

p.s. i hate torrent/upload sites.

Sounds fair.. have you submitted the battery mod / softkeys patch to be integrated officially? These are great additions! ;)

How do I go about applying the softkeys patch to CM7?

To the best of my knowledge the Skype thing is a Skype bug, as it was present in every ROM I tried - from stock to this one. It has been reported by many people on many phones. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Knowing the audio bug in this case is Skype related (not CM7), I was keen to have n221+ as it has the 'general' audio routing fix (ring with headphones plugged in).

Would you mind posting just the one more build (essentially CM7.1 final+)? Your excellent work will make a lot of people very happy until these patches become official, as your ROM is a great build on an excellent foundation (CM7.1).

n1.

Edited by snowbord

Guest snowbord

ok updated from JJ9 to CM7 220+ last night, all went fine, very impressed with the look and options of CM7

however! phone was flat this morning. this never normally happens. any list of battery saving tips anywhere? wifi seemed to be staying on, not sure if that alone should eat ~70% cpu in 8 hours? i noticed cpu governor was not OnDemand (my usual) but Interactive or something weird.. which governor and settings are people finding good for battery life? need to solve this one fast or its back to.. SS or something Froyo. thanks. i realise battery was an issue but thought that was mostly solved?

Battery is great. Interactive is the default in CM7 - I prefer ondemand after spending a long time playing with governors. interactive however also seems good - both ondemand and interactive gave me 90%+ sleep overnight - ondemand 98, interactive 92 (less hours).

Battery stats - power tutor, cpu spy, better battery stats (xda developers for free download), wheres my droid power etc.. also JuiceDefender's juiceplotter... there's many.

Guest lohikko

I'm on 219 since it's out and today I started to have some trouble conecting to 802.1x EAP networks, until this morning it was working OK, but suddenly disconnected and won't connect anymore :S

Guest targetbsp

Sounds fair.. have you submitted the battery mod / softkeys patch to be integrated officially? These are great additions! ;)

If you mean the line across the top battery thing it is official CM stuff- just not merged. Click the links for it in Sej's signature. :)

Guest snowbord

Great! Let's hope it all gets approved. What about applying the softkeys patch? I don't see that being submitted.

It's just awesome to have a 'search' button at the top right, OSX spotlight style. Beautiful!

Edited by snowbord

Guest jackal-sk

no rom's come with market, its down to the gapps you install.

I did full wipe data, dalvik, cache, flashed the rom, wiped again and the market in its old version is there.

I dont understand how.

Edit:

Did you use 800x480 res for video recording in your rom ? Thx

Edited by jackal-sk

Support for the new sensor was added a couple of months ago (unless there's another new one that I don't know about).

Issue 4177

Thanks for clearing this out, Tom! All working nice and smooth and the friend of mine, on whose behalf I was asking, couldn't be happier with the improved partition layout that I have installed on his GEN2 blade :)

Guest ididmytime

(CM7 newbie)

ok I updated from JJ9 to CM7 220+ last night, all went fine, very impressed with the look, feel and options of CM7

Battery is not an issue at all with CM7.

Something has kept your phone awake, even if you set the wifi to never turn off, it goes into low power mode. Leave your phone alone for a while, if you can wake the screen by pressing any of the front facing buttons then you'll have to dig around and find out what app is causing it.

I have gone wrong in a slightly different way, wiped my phone, installed CM 7.1, then installed Gapps but there is still no market or google apps - am I missing something obvious?

Edited by cgk

Guest targetbsp

I did full wipe data, dalvik, cache, flashed the rom, wiped again and the market in its old version is there.

I dont understand how.

Market is in system. Wiping data will have zero effect on it. Flashing a rom is what will affect it. I seem to recall reading in the distant past that the rom installation script backups up your current gapps and restores them after the update.

Great! Let's hope it all gets approved. What about applying the softkeys patch? I don't see that being submitted.

I think he submitted it in the past and they didn't accept it. Wanted it tablet only or something? I don't quite recall. I'm sure Sej will!Or maybe I dreamt it.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Kamikaze.

Annoying bug: When I go to Market, I start downloading something, it will download it normally, but after that, the icon disappears from stat bar.(wont install) This doesn't happen always but like 50% of downloads... Using Sej's ron, but also happened in other 2## nightlies.

Edited by Kamikaze.

Question for Tom G:

Are there any further plans to add kernel support for USB host mode/USB accessory mode?

btw, great work ! :D

I actually have a local branch of the kernel with accessory mode fully working, but it totally breaks the windows drivers, so it wont be merged until that can be fixed.

To the best of my knowledge the Skype thing is a Skype bug, as it was present in every ROM I tried - from stock to this one. It has been reported by many people on many phones. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Knowing the audio bug in this case is Skype related (not CM7), I was keen to have n221+ as it has the 'general' audio routing fix (ring with headphones plugged in).

Would you mind posting just the one more build (essentially CM7.1 final+)? Your excellent work will make a lot of people very happy until these patches become official, as your ROM is a great build on an excellent foundation (CM7.1).

n1.

I tested skype and it works fine for me. As others have said the ringing is wrong, but once in call it routes to the earpiece.

Edited by Tom G

Guest Amphoras

I have gone wrong in a slightly different way, wiped my phone, installed CM 7.1, then installed Gapps but there is still no market or google apps - am I missing something obvious?

What size is your system partition? If its 140mb or less, try using the 160mb TPT and see if it works then.

Guest sej7278

Does setting 'volume rocker wake' and/or 'menu unlock' use more battery, maybe by a wakelock?

i expect so, the usual symptoms of a wakelock are that you can wake it with menu, so i assume if you enable that as an option, it causes a wakelock.

as for other people's questions (why doesn't multiquote work?) :

1. i didn't do anything to the video resolution in n220+

2. market definitely isn't in the rom, if you enabled google backup then it will reinstall it when you sync i believe, i'd have thought flashing the new gapps would override it though. i wouldn't worry though, market 3 is the biggest pile of poo to hit android in quite some time, it times out a lot (can we can it the white screen of death?) and sometimes doesn't download things when you click update etc.

3. softbuttons was taken off the issues tracker as someone said it will never get merged for phones. i expect we'll have to wait for icecreamsandwich (cm8?) when phones and tablets won't be separated. i don't see the logic in not allowing it as an option disabled by default (with the buttons defaulting to the right so as not to obscure the date).

Guest sej7278

I actually have a local branch of the kernel with accessory mode fully working, but it totally breaks the windows drivers, so it wont be merged until that can be fixed.

haha, do we really care about windows users? :D

without access to the windows driver source how is it going to be fixed anyway - will it just be disabled for windows so it doesn't break?

Edited by sej7278

Battery is not an issue at all with CM7.

Something has kept your phone awake, even if you set the wifi to never turn off, it goes into low power mode. Leave your phone alone for a while, if you can wake the screen by pressing any of the front facing buttons then you'll have to dig around and find out what app is causing it.

thanks, so battery with CM7 shouldn't be worse than a Froyo rom (JJ,SS)? or worse but not that bad?

all i installed was an alarm app (Alarm Clock Plus) to wake me up (there didnt seem to be an alarm in CM7), Go Launcher EX and my old apps like K9. i had connectbot running which may be it.

i'll try again tonight after a clean boot and make sure wifi is off.

the battery wasnt completely flat, about 10% left (no exact number with that 1 pixel line thing). i agree its probably an app. i hope! 'cos i really like some CM7 features :) thanks

Edited by Smiff2