[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest eucurto

yes it could be that - well the whole kernel changed (smartass2 governor too) although i've been using test builds n224+, n227+ etc. with the same patches and with some wifi usage i've used about 10% in 2 days, standby over night uses no battery at all, so perhaps it was something specific in n220 (possibly even in the regular n220).

i did withdraw n220+ so people would stop using it and try 7.1 stable instead, but people mirrored it and so the confusion has continued. anyone complaining about 220+ should try a newer nightly so we can narrow down the problem, rather than rather unhelpfully comparing it to gsf.

if the new kernel would hurry up and get merged it would help (i did moan on gerrit).

edit: hang on are you saying that n227 is using 50% battery in a day? well that's still not normal so points at your battery being duff.

have you tried booting into clockworkmod for a day?

I'm using your n220+ and i'm now on the 3rd day of usage and battery is at 29%.

My phone does deep sleep easely.

i make 2/3 calls a day.

It goes to airplane mode for about 7 hours a day.

I play games 15 minutes a day. (this is a drainer)

I use wi-fi 30 minutes a day.

i use 3G data 10 minutes a day.

OC: 122mhz-691mhz.

Guest Richard_Arkless

yes it could be that - well the whole kernel changed (smartass2 governor too) although i've been using test builds n224+, n227+ etc. with the same patches and with some wifi usage i've used about 10% in 2 days, standby over night uses no battery at all, so perhaps it was something specific in n220 (possibly even in the regular n220).

i did withdraw n220+ so people would stop using it and try 7.1 stable instead, but people mirrored it and so the confusion has continued. anyone complaining about 220+ should try a newer nightly so we can narrow down the problem, rather than rather unhelpfully comparing it to gsf.

if the new kernel would hurry up and get merged it would help (i did moan on gerrit).

edit: hang on are you saying that n227 is using 50% battery in a day? well that's still not normal so points at your battery being duff.

have you tried booting into clockworkmod for a day?

No I was playing a game during that time so thats the reason why it decreased a lot, if I dont play on games then at the end of the 1st day I get like 80-85% left

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Pelemanne

there is no n227+ download, wait for the changes to get merged and in the meantime use regular n227.

Thanks for answering. I'll miss those SOFTBUTTONS. :(

Guest DoubleM101

Hi,

I have an Sapo a5 (ZTE Blade based) almost new and last week i´ve installed the new CM 7.1. Before that, i was using the Stock Rom.

Now i have two problems.

First one, the camera app doesn´t work. When i turn on the camera, it displays the image but when i take a picture it crashes. I solved the problem with another camera app.. No big deal here..

But i have another serious problem.

The battery when full charged, reads 100%, everythink ok.. But it stays on 100% long long time. If i don´t use the phone too often, it stays on 100% for about 10 or 11 hours. Then it starts to decrease the % very very slow and starts to speed up, until when it reaches the 20 or 30% it full discharges in about a 1h or 2h. I mean, the scale isn´t linear like on stock Rom.

On the charging, it´s the opposite. It reaches the 40 / 50% in about 20m or 30m and then it starts slowing and slowing even more.

When i installed the new ROM, i had the phone full charged

Last night i re-calibrated the battery but until now it doesn´t seem to make any difference. After a couple of hours it still reads 100%

Edited by DoubleM101

Guest Chuzzwuzzer

Just installed CM7 and trying to install google apps through rom manager so i select 'download rom' but it keeps telling me 'you must have clockworkmod recovery installed before continuing.install the recovery through rom manager first' . So i select install,it starts downloading,the progress bar gets to the end then i get an error message so i dont get the option appear to select google apps.Any ideas ?

Edited by Chuzzwuzzer

Guest targetbsp

1 - Are there any advantages to using noFrills over the built in CPU settings?

You'd be needlessly wasting phone resources by loading 2 apps to do one thing (both the CM settings app and no frills)

same here, 17.5 hours on standby and some wifi/alarm usage and not even used 1% battery yet.

i do however manually turn wifi off and don't use 3g. to those with battery issues are you leaving wifi on (or using the 15mins timeout) or using 3g data or running gps apps?

I went from 48% to 43% in a 24 hour period yesterday. I also turn wifi off (automated in tasker). I like it instantly available when I turn the screen on. And it does use less power than I expected it to. But it's still a heck of a lot more power than none! Seems a bit extravagant for saving the 2 seconds it takes to reconnect when I turn the screen on. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

The battery when full charged, reads 100%, everythink ok.. But it stays on 100% long long time. If i don´t use the phone too often, it stays on 100% for about 10 or 11 hours. Then it starts to decrease the % very very slow and starts to speed up, until when it reaches the 20 or 30% it full discharges in about a 1h or 2h. I mean, the scale isn´t linear like on stock Rom.

On the charging, it´s the opposite. It reaches the 40 / 50% in about 20m or 30m and then it starts slowing and slowing even more.

Last night i re-calibrated the battery but until now it doesn´t seem to make any difference. After a couple of hours it still reads 100%

It is well known you need to ignore the battery gauge between 100 and 90%. For starters, how long it stays on 100 depends on how long it remains on charge at 100. Like it trickle charges or something.

But yeah it;s not linear. Oddly, yours is opposite to mine. Mine discharges slower the lower the gauge reads. As long as you know how your battery behaves and so knwo how long you have left, I'm not sure it matters? :)

Just installed CM7 and trying to install google apps through rom manager so i select 'download rom' but it keeps telling me 'you must have clockworkmod recovery installed before continuing.install the recovery through rom manager first' . So i select install,it starts downloading,the progress bar gets to the end then i get an error message so i dont get the option appear to select google apps.Any ideas ?

You could always download the gapps from here as a zip file and install it with ClockworkMod.

Guest DoubleM101

It is well known you need to ignore the battery gauge between 100 and 90%. For starters, how long it stays on 100 depends on how long it remains on charge at 100. Like it trickle charges or something.

But yeah it;s not linear. Oddly, yours is opposite to mine. Mine discharges slower the lower the gauge reads. As long as you know how your battery behaves and so knwo how long you have left, I'm not sure it matters? :)

I wasn´t aware of being a common problem, but i think the linear increase / descrease is far better. Maybe it´s so complicated to do it?

It´s very annoying and hard to perceive how much battery we do really have. :(

I hope on future CM releases, this issue will be resolved, or else i´ll think twice if i stay with CM

Guest sej7278

I wasn´t aware of being a common problem, but i think the linear increase / descrease is far better. Maybe it´s so complicated to do it?

It´s very annoying and hard to perceive how much battery we do really have. :(

I hope on future CM releases, this issue will be resolved, or else i´ll think twice if i stay with CM

complain to ZTE then, nothing anyone can do in software, it won't be any better with GSF, or even stock eclair/froyo.

i've used 11% battery in about 3 days now (in the 70-80% area, not the unreliable 90-100%) most of that was due to using wifi to get market updates.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Revenge

Hi,

I have an Sapo a5 (ZTE Blade based) almost new and last week i´ve installed the new CM 7.1. Before that, i was using the Stock Rom.

Now i have two problems.

First one, the camera app doesn´t work. When i turn on the camera, it displays the image but when i take a picture it crashes. I solved the problem with another camera app.. No big deal here..

But i have another serious problem.

Calibrate your battery.

Guest rockstarszzzz

there is no n227+ download, wait for the changes to get merged and in the meantime use regular n227.

How can I get Sej's n227+? :P

Kidding!:rolleyes:

But yeah, as much as we would love to help feedback, I think there is a wave of frustration to an extent and everyone wants to just get the build with changes merged! (includes me).

Guest dibbles

What I have found on both my wife's and my SF is that I need to disable the 3G (which we would only need for the very odd MMS) otherwise the battery drain seems to be quite bad. With that disabled the battery usage seems fine but as I have only just put n227 on the phones I will see how that goes.

Guest DoubleM101

complain to ZTE then, nothing anyone can do in software, it won't be any better with GSF, or even stock eclair/froyo.

The stock froyo was ok. Both discharging and charging percentage were very linear. This issue cames with CM

Calibrate your battery.

I calibrated it yesterday.. Today after 7h unplugged from charged, it´s still on 100%

Edited by DoubleM101

Guest ffoxsake

Sorry for the OT, but is there a way to change the strength of the vibrate for incoming calls on the Blade?

I usually have the phone on silent+vibrate but the vibrate is so weak i don't always notice it!

TIA.

disclaimer: i hope it's ok use a separate post for this as it's an entirely different topic from the post before

to all people with broken wifi on cyanogenmod:

i believe i've found the reason why my wifi was completely broken. basically it just kept enabling/disabling itself and would not connect to any net anymore.

what's effectively breaking wifi on cm7 is to restore access point information with titanium backup. at least if you're restoring from a non-cyanogen system such as GSF - 'cause so did I.

if i may add: it's quite a pain in the ass that I will have to re-enter all my wifi-passwords because of my switching to cm7. i have no idea who's to blame for this bug (probably titanium backup) but if anybody knew a workaround for that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ahhh.

That's what it is...it's been driving me crazy...wifi worked beautifully for two weeks then suddenly packed up as you describe. Re-entering the passwords has not solved the problem for me.

Looks like I'll have to update to n227...and watch out for Titanium Backup settings.

Guest Revenge

The stock froyo was ok. Both discharging and charging percentage were very linear. This issue cames with CM

I calibrated it yesterday.. Today after 7h unplugged from charged, it´s still on 100%

I don't know... I also have a Sapo A5, and i don't have that problem.

Guest jackal-sk

Is anyone using Viber for VOIP in CM ? The screen during call never goes off, like if the proximity sensor wasn't working. I wrote to their tech support and they wrote me back:

"Altering your ROM will interfere with your device's unique IMEI settings, usually changing it to a standard or shared number. This in turn identifies your device to us as being used multiply, and Viber only supports one device with one telephone number."

Can i possibly contact someone from CM devs to consider implementing support for it or is it a long shot ?

Edited by jackal-sk

Guest julianpaul

I use viber and the proximity works fine. I do still get the dspmanager crash after a voip call connects, but it's later now, like 10-20 seconds into the call.

If your viber is working at all, as in connecting a call properly, then what the tech support is talking about is entirely different.

Edited by julianpaul

Guest jackal-sk

I use viber and the proximity works fine. I do still get the dspmanager crash after a voip call connects, but it's later now, like 10-20 seconds into the call.

If your viber is working at all, as in connecting a call properly, then what the tech support is talking about is entirely different.

Do you use 2.1.1 version ?

Edit:

Well the whole response from their tech support is here.

Edited by jackal-sk

Guest julianpaul

Do you use 2.1.1 version ?

Yes, 2.1.1 running on nightly 213. installed over 208 installed over 158. Only dalvik wiped.

Edit: Nothing in the tech support reply relates to the issue of proximity not turning off the screen. only a generic kind of response as to why something may not work sometime, somehow.

Edited by julianpaul

Guest DoubleM101

I don't know... I also have a Sapo A5, and i don't have that problem.

It looks like some Sapo´s show different issues.. Maybe hardware differences between them.

I´ve been researching and it seems a lot of people are getting issues with the battery % on CM on various phone models

Edited by DoubleM101