[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Hi, does anybody have/can make a flashable zip that gives me the miui battery mod?

Here you go: http://www.multiupload.com/L95EI6APKF MD5: 6161753D37D4F2D07EF3E88830A18371

Sorry for the confusion and the typo (I meant 227+ and wrote 127+ first)

CM7 Nightly 227+ including all current patches up to now and 3 unmerged patches:

- MIUI Battery Bar

- Blade Settings in CMSettings

- persist.sys.use_16bpp_alpha=1

No SoftButtons (my blade has buttons...), and the MIUI style battery bar probably won't make it in CM7.

Reminder: Use at your own risk, and you cannot reports bugs to nightly builds.

Enjoy

Edited by JobSup

Guest Lord_Snake

Hi.

How's Sej's last build (n220+, posted by targetbsp) in terms of battery and smoothness?

I ask this because when I used CM was on early nighties and it was full of bugs. I know that those days are past, but I don't want to walk back. The blade for me is also my personal phone and not just a develop instrument. So I wanted to be sure that I could use CM without the annoying bugs that this rom had until not many time ago. Please, don't take this as a critic to the developers!! It's thanks to CM team that many bugs of the Blade were fixed. What I mean, is that I need some level of stability, allied with smoothness and battery duration.

Thanks

Guest targetbsp

CM7 has been damn good for a long while but has really kicked ass since N206. That version fixed the GPS reboots (stability) and switched to 16 bit transparency in line with the other roms (smoothness). battery life has always been great for me (with the exception of specific versions with known issues).

Edited by targetbsp

Here you go: http://www.multiupload.com/O033HAF6OW MD5: 6161753D37D4F2D07EF3E88830A18371

CM7 Nightly 127+ including all current patches up to now and 3 unmerged patches:

- MIUI Battery Bar

- Blade Settings in CMSettings

- persist.sys.use_16bpp_alpha=1

The MIUI style battery bar probably won't make it in CM7.

Reminder: Use at your own risk, and you cannot reports bugs to nightly builds.

Enjoy

..227+

The current battery bar patches assume a theme to set the colors for the bar, so it won't probably look the same as the previous ones if you're using an additional theme.

@Lord_Snake: sej's 220+ was reported to have some battery issues (not "officially" confirmed) so you might be on the safer side with usingthe latest official nightly or a build from targetbsp or JobSup. I'm corrently on a selfbuilt "227+" and battery is as good as it's supposed to.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi, does anybody have/can make a flashable zip that gives me the miui battery mod?

Thanks,

-Ben.

+1 - can someone please make a flashable .zip if it's possible with the KANG. Not Sej's 220+, the latest supposed to be N232/N233+ please?

Guest targetbsp

+1 - can someone please make a flashable .zip if it's possible with the KANG. Not Sej's 220+, the latest supposed to be N232/N233+ please?

There's a build of the current source with MIUI at the bottom of the previous page. :P

Guest hugobosslives

There's a build of the current source with MIUI at the bottom of the previous page. :P

I think what they are saying is can they have a zip to flash to any nightly that will add the battery bar so that for future nightlies they can add it without asking for a whole rom compiled by someone here

Guest rockstarszzzz

I think what they are saying is can they have a zip to flash to any nightly that will add the battery bar so that for future nightlies they can add it without asking for a whole rom compiled by someone here

If that's possible that will be the most perfect thing if not even for latest KANG will do. Is it the post that says for N127+?

But is generic flashable zip possible? It saves so much space on the status bar plus matches nicely with various minimalist themes!

Guest giopego

i upgraded to n227 from 7.1.0 and the battery drain is very excessive.

With normal use, 3g and data sync, some sms and a total of 30minutes of call, the phone goes to 20% in about 14hours!!

with the 7.1.0 the phone goes to night with at least 40% of battery

anyone have the same problem?

Guest rockstarszzzz

i upgraded to n227 from 7.1.0 and the battery drain is very excessive.

With normal use, 3g and data sync, some sms and a total of 30minutes of call, the phone goes to 20% in about 14hours!!

with the 7.1.0 the phone goes to night with at least 40% of battery

anyone have the same problem?

Im on kang and have only lost 17% with using tapatalk app, fb app, youtube and vevo - songs for about an hour or so. Rest on stand by.

I don't know if that's good or bad, but generally, give it more than one drain-charge cycle and you will find out the real deal..

Guest giopego

Im on kang and have only lost 17% with using tapatalk app, fb app, youtube and vevo - songs for about an hour or so. Rest on stand by.

I don't know if that's good or bad, but generally, give it more than one drain-charge cycle and you will find out the real deal..

i do more than one cycle of charging...but the result is the same.

Now i installed the kang-rom...hope it will be better!

thanks for your feedback

Guest rockstarszzzz

Testing MIUI add-on/patch/.zip flash - for 227+ Kang.

Everything looks ok now will report on battery on Monday!

Edited by rockstarszzzz

here you go just edit the updater-script using notepad++ (dont use microsoft's notepad app as it messes it up) and add the system apks you dont want and put the apks you do want in the system/app folder

Hey all

I'm trying to get this to work but am ending up with:

E:Error in /sdcard/Clean-up.zip

(Status 6)

When applying via ClockworkMod (v5.0.2.0)

I edited the updater-script using notepad++ as suggested, can anyone see anything I've done wrong?

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "blade" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "blade");

show_progress(0.500000, 0);

mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");

delete system:app/ADWLauncher.apk

delete system:app/Androidian.apk

delete system:app/Calculator.apk

delete system:app/CMWallpapers.apk

delete system:app/Cyanbread.apk

delete system:app/DeskClock.apk

delete system:app/FM.apk

delete system:app/LiveWallpapers.apk

delete system:app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk

delete system:app/MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

package_extract_dir("recovery", "/system");

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system");

show_progress(0.100000, 0);

unmount("/system");

Cheers, Paul

Guest popoyaya

Me too, getting this error message:

E:Error in /sdcard/Clean-up.zip

(Status 6)

Installation aborted.

Here is my updater-script:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "blade" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "blade");

show_progress(0.500000, 0);

mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");

delete system:app/ADWLauncher.apk

delete system:app/ApplicationsProvider.apk

delete system:app/Calculator.apk

delete system:app/CarHomeGoogle.apk

delete system:app/CMWallpapers.apk

delete system:app/com.amazon.mp3.apk

delete system:app/FileManager.apk

delete system:app/GenieWidget.apk

delete system:app/LatinImeTutorial.apk

delete system:app/LiveWallpapers.apk

delete system:app/MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

delete system:app/Music.apk

delete system:app/Protips.apk

delete system:app/SoundRecorder.apk

delete system:app/Talk.apk

package_extract_dir("recovery", "/system");

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system");

show_progress(0.100000, 0);

unmount("/system");

Guest Coffer52

+1 Yeh would be great if we could include the MiUI battery mode and soft buttons on zip, please!

Edited by Coffer52

Guest sej7278

+1 Yeh would be great if we could include the MiUI battery mode and soft buttons on zip, please!

not a chance in hell of that being possible. you'd have to patch 2 themes, framework-res.apk and cmparts.apk

even doing it at compile time its 5 patches to 15 files, so you'd still have to recompile for every nightly or risk breaking the whole rom.

not a chance in hell of that being possible. you'd have to patch 2 themes, framework-res.apk and cmparts.apk

even doing it at compile time its 5 patches to 15 files, so you'd still have to recompile for every nightly or risk breaking the whole rom.

I tired your version 220+ and 227 + MIUI is smoother

but i miss soft butons :( it's brilliant feature and Button Savoir isn't good enought