[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

I usually use data only on demand and have no battery issues. As I'm away from a computer for the weekend i actually turned data on. And have no battery issues. Only using it for push email from maildroid though. So what apps are you guys using with the data? That must be having an effect as well

Just to clarify, phone was charged 21 hours ago, has data on, has had screen on for 95 minutes and still has 66 percent battery left

Is this on a kang or whatever or an official nightly?

Guest hugobosslives

I, like most users, don't have any battery issues.

+1

me too, my battery life just keeps getting better and better. keep up the good work mate

Guest brickornot

I, like most users, don't have any battery issues.

i have no idea why. I have disabled most application with titanium backup or uninstalled, disabled 3g disabled wifi, data transfer, gps, everything. on clear clean wiped full wiped phone with advanced in clockwordmod mount and format boot system data cache dalvik sd-ext. everything what was possible. and battery drain is enourmous. I have no idea what causing it, phone is in deep sleep state mostly as cpu spy tells.

How you Tom G and others can not have problem and i have and others have but others does not on the same build rom md5 ?

It is as mystery for me as possible quantum entanglement between your positive mood about cm7 and your battery state.

Guest Chris_M

BTW, the values burstlam has suggested probably won't work for most users, but play with different values and see what does work. Use a sensor testing app such as z-device test. When calibrated correctly the sensor should return a range of values from 0 to 5cm (if for example you only get values from 0-3 it will work since most apps only looks for 0 or >0 but isn't calibrated correctly).

I've just tried running z-device test, and I've noticed some interesting results.

With the sensor uncovered it displays 5cm as expected. And if you cover the sensor suddenly, it changes to 0cm. However, if you uncover the sensor and then gradually move your finger closer, it changes to 4cm as expected, but then stays at 4cm (even with your finger pressed against the sensor).

So it looks like the sensor handles "sudden covering" correctly, but not "gradual covering".

One other thing I've noticed is that z-device test displays the sensor resolution as +- 5cm. Surely this is incorrect? Could this explain why some people are having issues?

Mine's an original UK OLED Blade, with calibration settings 4482 (hi) and 3585 (lo).

Guest rockstarszzzz

Installed N241 via RM. However, does anyone know why certain nightlies get rid of the recovery? When downloading GApps I have to reflash the recovery sometimes. It was the same today with N241.

Guest hugobosslives

Installed N241 via RM. However, does anyone know why certain nightlies get rid of the recovery? When downloading GApps I have to reflash the recovery sometimes. It was the same today with N241.

what? not quite sure what you are saying here. probably cos i've never had what you seem to be saying.....

your recovery gets formatted when you flash gapps???

Guest rockstarszzzz

what? not quite sure what you are saying here. probably cos i've never had what you seem to be saying.....

your recovery gets formatted when you flash gapps???

ouch! Are you rubbishing off my English or what? :P

What I mean is : It sort of formats my recovery! So as soon as I try to install GApps, it wants me to flash a recovery first as it can't find any. Then it flashes a recovery for ZTE Blade and after that everything resumes as normal.

Guest targetbsp

Is this on a kang or whatever or an official nightly?

My own compilation from yesterday morning. Should be more our less the same a this new nightly i assume plus the move zte blade settings app to settings menu patch

Guest targetbsp

I've never had that one

Guest rockstarszzzz

N241 - certainly a pleasure to use!

No issues with anything at all. The scrolling 'feels' so much smoother on ADW itself! No battery issues while using the phone. Don't know about stand-by yet. About 2 hours of 3G use watching Youtube videos and downloading lots of apps from market - lost only 9% so far.

No lags, freezes or reboots.

I think those with issues on KANG, must swap for N241 - it's worth a try and looks like a keeper!

PS: They have done something nicer with drawer background - it's more opaque and grey-ish. Looks nice!

At last....221 was buggy. Let's hope for a better ROM.

No issues with anything at all. The scrolling 'feels' so much smoother on ADW itself! No battery issues while using the phone. Don't know about stand-by yet. About 2 hours of 3G use watching Youtube videos and downloading lots of apps from market - lost only 9% so far.

I think those with issues on KANG, must swap for N241 - it's worth a try and looks like a keeper!

PS: They have done something nicer with drawer background - it's more opaque and grey-ish. Looks nice!

Guest Kamikaze.

Lucky you. Mine has decreased from 60% to 14% in less than an hour. I used Opera Mini, Market and Tapatalk. 122 min, 690 Max and ondemand...

Guest MrPuddington

I finally made the jump: proper upgrade to Gen2 with repartitioning, followed by a proper installation for CM7.1. Actually the backup took most of the time, the installation itself was rather quick.

Of course the Blade does not feel as smooth as the TouchPad, but it is certainly very usable, and I can use a few apps that require 2.3. Great work!

Guest jackal-sk

I did a battery test tonight with KANG-24oct,

having 3G on during night for 8 hours, battery went from 91% -> 28%. The phone was sleeping properly, battery had been calibrated. On 2G I get days of standby time.

Edited by jackal-sk

Guest hugobosslives

ouch! Are you rubbishing off my English or what? :P

What I mean is : It sort of formats my recovery! So as soon as I try to install GApps, it wants me to flash a recovery first as it can't find any. Then it flashes a recovery for ZTE Blade and after that everything resumes as normal.

haha. nah your english makes sense i just thought i was reading it wrong as that sounds ultra weird. never had that, tho i haven't flashed gapps in a while as i havn't fully wiped in a while as everything is runny so quick ass smooth :) i presume your using rom manager, so it is probably a bug in rom manger that it no longer recognises the recovery so wants to reflash. I doubt it actually formats the recovery partition (if it does there is something defo wrong with RM)

I did a battery test tonight with KANG-24oct,

having 3G on during night for 8 hours, battery went from 91% -> 28%. The phone was sleeping properly, battery had been calibrated. On 2G I get days of standby time.

And did you test which app is using all that 3g.....................???/?