[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest hugobosslives

sej7278

I notice in the download directory there is an item called softkey patch. What is this and how is it installed?

andy9876

its sej's soft button patch that when used enables the cm7 soft buttons (on screen home, back, search etc) to be used in the status bar.

you need to add it in when compiling your own kang (from source) so unless you know how to compile the only way to use it is if someone (like sej) adds it into a self-build.

Hi,

I'm using sej's 247+ build and I'm experiencing a huge battery drain overnight. From 11pm to 10 am this morning my battery has lost almost 50% from 89% down to 42%. My phone was setup as usual, which gives me with light/moderate use around 60 hours battery life with a full charge. Setup was 2G only, data, sync and wifi on. Spare parts was inconclusive, so no app was shown suspiciously in wake locks.

But I got an email during the night, which triggered the LED notification. I'm going out on a limb here and assume, that the notification was the culprit who drained my battery quite massively.

Can anyone confirm this odd behaviour, especially with long use of the LED notification?

Guest targetbsp

Can anyone confirm this odd behaviour, especially with long use of the LED notification?

I can deny the odd behaviour with long use of the LED... Doesn't drain the battery much for me. Was the LED solid or flashing? If it was flashing then the phone wasn't asleep.

The notification was solid. My phone was in sleep mode, deep sleep or whatever the state is called. I had to press power to dismiss the notification. Pressing the lit back button didn't do anything to bring my phone back.

Ok, then. The next step is to wipe my battery stats. If that doesn't help, I have to setup my phone from scratch, again I guess.

Guest Amphoras

yes basically you need to copy the makefiles and proprietary directory to vendor/zte/blade/ within your cyanogenmod tree.

fetch the files from github into e.g. temp directory:

simon@greivous:~/temp$ git clone git://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_vendor_zte.git

Cloning into proprietary_vendor_zte...

remote: Counting objects: 253, done.

remote: Compressing objects: 100% (205/205), done.

remote: Total 253 (delta 86), reused 182 (delta 35)

Receiving objects: 100% (253/253), 8.41 MiB | 201 KiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (86/86), done.
you should the end up with a directory structure like this:
simon@greivous:~/temp$ cd proprietary_vendor_zte/blade/

simon@greivous:~/temp/proprietary_vendor_zte/blade$ ls

blade-vendor-blobs.mk  blade-vendor.mk  BoardConfigVendor.mk  proprietary/
I did this and then tried to build. Got some errors with the java jdk not being installed then not wanting to install, but managed to find out to fix it on Google. Then I ran out of space and spent ages tried to get Parted Magic to work. Finally got it sorted and tried to build again today. It seemed to be going ok, but now I get this error:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/blade/system/lib/libloc.so', needed by `out/target/product/blade/system/lib/hw/gps.blade.so'. Stop.

I tried copying libloc.so from the proprietary folder to out/target/blade/system/lib, but it still gave the same error. Google seems to suggest something about the make file, but not really sure what that is/how to resolve it. Anyone had this problem before/know how to fix it?

Guest sej7278

I did this and then tried to build. Got some errors with the java jdk not being installed then not wanting to install, but managed to find out to fix it on Google. Then I ran out of space and spent ages tried to get Parted Magic to work. Finally got it sorted and tried to build again today. It seemed to be going ok, but now I get this error:

make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/blade/system/lib/libloc.so', needed by `out/target/product/blade/system/lib/hw/gps.blade.so'. Stop.
I tried copying libloc.so from the proprietary folder to out/target/blade/system/lib, but it still gave the same error. Google seems to suggest something about the make file, but not really sure what that is/how to resolve it. Anyone had this problem before/know how to fix it?
looks like you didn't copy the proprietary directory you checked out and the makefiles into your cyanogen repo. assuming your cyanogenmod repo and your jacob repo is in your home directory, then:
cd ~/proprietary_vendor_zte/blade/

cp -R proprietary  *.mk ~/cyanogenmod/vendor/zte/blade/

Guest targetbsp

Sejs guide worked for me but I did have to ask a Linux user how to do an xcopy *.* /s in linux. :D Would be good if you could add your last post to the bottom of your first one on the subject for us Windows users. :)

How does the extract-files.sh method work then? Does it basically go off the assumption that you're taking the files from a phone that already has them from a nightly?

So without the method you've just shown, I would have had to have flashed a nightly containing the new camera lib (when one existed) and re-run the extract files?

Guest Amphoras

looks like you didn't copy the proprietary directory you checked out and the makefiles into your cyanogen repo.

assuming your cyanogenmod repo and your jacob repo is in your home directory, then:

cd ~/proprietary_vendor_zte/blade/

cp -R proprietary  *.mk ~/cyanogenmod/vendor/zte/blade/

Thanks, I copied them to the wrong place. I put it in /android/system/device/zte/blade/ instead of /android/system/vendor/zte/blade/. Trying building again and it seems to have passed where it failed last time. I like how it seems ignore what it already made rather than redoing it all every time.

Guest Amphoras

Thanks, I copied them to the wrong place. I put it in /android/system/device/zte/blade/ instead of /android/system/vendor/zte/blade/. Trying building again and it seems to have passed where it failed last time. I like how it seems ignore what it already made rather than redoing it all every time.

It just finished building there. Need to go out to work now, so will try it when I get home. Thanks again sej and target :).

Guest aljorocks

could you try my n247+ as it has the new camera support in the kernel and the new module.

will do ^^ currently downloading the rom as i type this reply ^^

ty for the fast action i will update you about my cam prob as soon as i get to install this biggrin.gif

Guest hugobosslives

Sejs guide worked for me but I did have to ask a Linux user how to do an xcopy *.* /s in linux. :D Would be good if you could add your last post to the bottom of your first one on the subject for us Windows users. :)

How does the extract-files.sh method work then? Does it basically go off the assumption that you're taking the files from a phone that already has them from a nightly?

So without the method you've just shown, I would have had to have flashed a nightly containing the new camera lib (when one existed) and re-run the extract files?

is there not a "dummy's guide" to building cm7 in a vmbox running in win7 somewhere on the web? maybe someone should make one. Would mean lots of people could compile there selves without having to properly install an actual linux distro (which puts most people off). Took me fricken ages the first time i did it. The instructions on the wiki don't get you anywhere near a build :( haha

Guest sej7278

to use extract-files.sh and get the most up-to-date libs, you'd have to connect a phone running those libs (so only my n247+ currently - confirmed with tom_g that the new libs are fine for old phones).

if you use jacob's github you don't need to use extract-files.sh at all, just "git pull" his repo every now and then and copy the files into place again.

lol, i just had to lookup what xcopy was! :D

edit: updated my original post

Edited by sej7278

Guest mobile579

here you go just edit the updater-script using notepad++ (dont use microsoft's notepad app as it messes it up) and add the system apks you dont want and put the apks you do want in the system/app folder

Anyone who has been trying to use this update script from post 10003 and getting Error 6 problem try the following.

Still make sure you edit in a decent editor and you zip up correctly. I also deleted the system and system/app folder and contents from the original clean-up.zip file.

I could not find the fix in the thread so if this has already been posted I should have looked harder as it would have save me from working this out!

Seems to have just worked for me but not checked so it may have unforeseen problems use entirely at you own risk.

I think the original script may have been for an old Clockwork/update application or vice versa (I am using v4 of Clockwork).

Just repeat the delete line for other files. Filenames are case sensitive.

ui_print("Mounting /system");

mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");

ui_print("Started");

delete("/system/app/Browser.apk");

ui_print("Finished");

ui_print("Unmounting /system");

unmount("/system");

Edited by mobile579

I can't install gapps package. I tried installing it with rom manager and manually in recovery, but nothing works. Suggestions?

Which gapps,what's your system partition size,any error report on screen with CWM?

Just thought I'd let people who're using market 3 know the latest update I just recieved (3.3.11) fixed the crazy big fonts..finally!

What GAPPS You use? For me ROM Manager still downloading GAPPS from june. I prefere this metod for flashing new nightly.

What GAPPS You use? For me ROM Manager still downloading GAPPS from june. I prefere this metod for flashing new nightly.

It's a custom one. I think the base is from june and I pull the latest market update from my phone before reflashing. I don't remember the last time I flashed gapps though? Usually I just wipe dalvik, flash a cm-update and that's it.

Guest aljorocks

could you try my n247+ as it has the new camera support in the kernel and the new module.

*update* just flashed the new n247*

the camera now works thanks sej ^^ laugh.gif for the quick fix will try this new rom out

and will report if i find any more bugs

sej7278

I notice in the download directory there is an item called softkey patch. What is this and how is it installed?

andy9876

If you are using Windows, you may try this without compiling yourself.

I visited you link but I can only see README.html and softbuttons.patch. How exactly can I get you build?