[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

anyone else using my n257+ notice that the camera sensors (see spare parts) never turns off? also for me proximity calibration is screwed as my screen is on full brightness all the time (set to auto). i didn't see that in n256+

proximty values of "3489,2791,238,238,246,0,0,8,32" work much better than 8500-odd that the calibration/defaults seem to come up with.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Mr_Odwin

So, no one else's Spare Parts Sensor Usage looks like mine?

screenshot-1321434438945.png

It stays like this until a reboot. All but Android System will then disappear, until I use the particular app again. Any ideas?

Edited by Mr_Odwin

Guest targetbsp

There might be something in that battery calibration thing you know? Remember that battery test program I linked a few days earlier. I scored 477 and lasted about 3 hours which it said was pants. I did a calibration and scored 706, lasting 4 hours which it said was normal. Unfortunately, 1 other variable also changed. wifi on for first test, off for second. But whilst I'm sure it made a difference, it was transferring no data and compared to 100% cpu usage and max oled screen brightness I can't see it having used enough battery to make that much difference?

Scientifically speaking, I should repeat the test with wifi on again. But Kairosoft released a new game last night and my battery is working really well so... :D

Guest juniperz

I am no techie, so please don't shoot me down. My assumption is that the CM7 for Blade ROMs are NOT going to work with the successor to the Orange San Francisco, which is the ZTE Crescent aka Orange San Francisco II, due if nothing else, to a different processor (unless it is just clocked faster?).

http://www.unwiredview.com/2011/11/14/orange-san-francisco-ii-may-be-out-on-november-21-for-89-99/

Any views? I am not sure it would be worth the upgrade from a Blade, but I have a collegue that has just smashed his Blade and is wondering whether to get the new version (and I am wondering whether I could get CM7 on it).

cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-n256plus2

I'm a happy CyanogenMod nightly user with a ZTE Libra (Sapo a5) who is following this thread for a few weeks.

Recently (a few days ago) I noticed that the three button lights stay on while charging (the back button is pale red/green). I could bet that only the back button should be lit (red) turning green after charging is completed.

Also, the same lights are on whenever the screen is on. I think that before they were all off if ambient lighting was bright enough.

Has anyone any clue about what could be causing this? The problem persists even after flashing the newest nightlies or sej builds...

Thanks!

Guest downloader50

anyone else using my n257+ notice that the camera sensors (see spare parts) never turns off? also for me proximity calibration is screwed as my screen is on full brightness all the time (set to auto). i didn't see that in n256+

proximty values of "3489,2791,238,238,246,0,0,8,32" work much better than 8500-odd that the calibration/defaults seem to come up with.

Confirm camera sensor doesn't shut down according to spare parts Going back to N256+ will report if that is OK

I had a feeli ng battery life was worse with N257

Guest downloader50

OK just tried N256+ and looks like same issue camera sensor still recorded in spare parts as open for 3 minutes after i shut it down Should it stop using as soon as you shut the camera down?

Guest sej7278

OK just tried N256+ and looks like same issue camera sensor still recorded in spare parts as open for 3 minutes after i shut it down Should it stop using as soon as you shut the camera down?

ok, my n256+2 had patch1, so i guess n256+ did too.

yes camera app should exit and shut off the camera.

i've reported it.

Edited by sej7278

Guest downloader50

ok, my n256+2 had patch1, so i guess n256+ did too.

yes camera app should exit and shut off the camera.

i've reported it.

Reverted to 7.1 stable used camera at 12.51 at 13.48 sensor showing as camera sensor on for 57 minutes so 7.1 stable has same bug

After updating to n257+, setting defaults and rebooting, I noticed that the proximity calibration values changed drastically from aprox 300,200,... to aprox 6000,5000,...

Is this expected. During calls it does seem to work just fine...

Guest sej7278

Reverted to 7.1 stable used camera at 12.51 at 13.48 sensor showing as camera sensor on for 57 minutes so 7.1 stable has same bug

well that's odd. would explain battery issues we've had lately, although i don't think i noticed it (possibly didn't use the camera).

After updating to n257+, setting defaults and rebooting, I noticed that the proximity calibration values changed drastically from aprox 300,200,... to aprox 6000,5000,...

same here - the values from the calibration app and default settings all put my phone on 100% brightness all of the time. not sure why even re-calibrating doesn't give sensible values anymore, i had to restore my /data/misc/prox_data.txt from an old nandroid to fix it.

Guest downloader50

If it works I would leave it

Edited by downloader50

Guest MidaMilunk

n257+ and gapps20110828 can not install any app from the market!

Only shows the "downloading" state bar, but never download anything. Any other network connections are OK, can browse the market for apps, images are displayed well, contacts has been synced well, and tehe browser is working fine as well.

---

After a time I realized that removing the updates of market (not if there would have been any) helped!

Edited by MidaMilunk

Now I have second freez (screen off) on leatest nightly. When first freez occured when I don't use phone I plugged charger and saw green Android logo (phone reboots). Now I don't switch on when pushing power button, make call from another phone (silences in the handset) and phone reboots (green Android logo).

What happens?

Edited by Simono

Just out of curiosity, how are proximity and light sensor related? I thought they were independent from each other, though they are now able to work at the same time which wasn't the case with older kernels. So, how would the new proximity sensor values effect autobrightness for instance?

edit: I mean the proximity values with the new kernel in testing presumably messing up the auto-brightness.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest burstlam

Just out of curiosity, how are proximity and light sensor related? I thought they were independent from each other, though they are now able to work at the same time which wasn't the case with older kernels. So, how would the new proximity sensor values effect autobrightness for instance?

edit: I mean the proximity values with the new kernel in testing presumably messing up the auto-brightness.

TomG made the changes base on the .32 source, some say that breaks it ~ nothing serious actually.

For the prox. sensor issue, we are in a dilemma that the chipset ZTE used get are not perform and behave in the same attributes that

we can't get everyone's blade and libra working properly, for we didn't get an update/ real kernel source, so the developer have to

try hard to make patches or dirty hacks to cope with the current situation~

Edited by burstlam

Guest The_Duck

I have a force-close problem with the Market: When switching to another phone and preparing my Blade to be given to my girlfriend, I did the mistake of updating CyanogenMod from the version I was using myself to (I think, don't have it on-hand) 7.1 RC1 and latest gapps. Since the phone seemed to work alright, I've also deleted all the backups. However we have later discovered that the Market forcecloses every time we try to download anything. Sometimes it manages toi download 0%, sometimes 30%, but it will inevitably crash and the download will lock up before finishing. I did some googling and found that for other people who've had this issue, it has either been solved by changing phone language (tried both English (US) and several other language options) or by fixing permissions. I've done both and neither have helped. I've also tried clearing data/cache of the market and rebooting the phone multiple times. Nothing.

What should I be doing?

Check your /system partition size using df -h in the Terminal app. If you are on a <160 MB /system partition, you will often see this behaviour.

Duck

Guest downloader50

Check your /system partition size using df -h in the Terminal app. If you are on a <160 MB /system partition, you will often see this behaviour.

Duck

I run 160mb partition never had this behaviour

Duck

The_Duck is talking quackers :)

Me either

Guest Amphoras

The_Duck is talking quackers :)

Me either

He's saying if you have a system partition smaller than 160mb, so if you have a 160mb system then you wouldn't see it.

If market wasn't appearing at all, then this would be more likely to be the cause, but it could be that part of it didn't install which is causing the problems.

Guest targetbsp

The duck said less than 160. Downloader says his is 160, which doesn't contradict the duck.. So I'm not sure if Downloader and Dean are agreeing with the duck, whilst sounding like disagreeing - or actually disagreeing and typo'd? :S

Edited by targetbsp