[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

Does anyone else find that notifications drain the battery pretty rapidly? If you look at the screenshot attached the drop at the end is where the red LED was on with a twitter notification, but it also does the same when I receive an SMS, etc.

I've noticed this ever since the notification LEDs were fixed and added to CM7 a while back. Also it looks like maybe it wasn't sleeping? I'm not sure as I'd left the phone in the car all day.

Mine seems fine with calls and texts. You can easily tell if it's sleeping because the LED will be flashing if it isn't. If yours is awake, I wonder if its the Twitter app keeping it so?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Hans Gruber

Mine seems fine. You can easily tell if it's sleeping because the LED will be flashing if it isn't

The LED was just solid red as I picked the phone up but I couldn't tell you what it was doing before then. Just going by the screenshot it looks as though it kept waking during the period the battery was draining faster.

re: twitter app, I shouldn't think so as the same thing happens when I receive a SMS and that's just using the stock android SMS app

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest targetbsp

I'm pretty sure you can turn them off in CM Settings if you don't want the notifications.

I've not noticed a drain but I've probably not missed an event for a long enough time period to do so. For the short periods mine will be lit up I prefer to know whatever the battery drain (if any).

I can't imagine there should be any just lighting up an LED. I mean it lights one up when the battery is low. That would be fairly counter-productive!

I'll try missing a text this evening for a few hours and see what happens.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Hans Gruber

I'm pretty sure you can turn them off in CM Settings if you don't want the notifications.

I've not noticed a drain but I've probably not missed an event for a long enough time period to do so. For the short periods mine will be lit up I prefer to know whatever the battery drain (if any).

I can't imagine there should be any just lighting up an LED. I mean it lights one up when the battery is low. That would be fairly counter-productive!

I'll try missing a text this evening for a few hours and see what happens.

I've had a little fiddle with the settings and will see how that goes, none of the apps were categorised so maybe that was affecting something? I'll just have to wait til someone texts me now... :D

I should think most people check their phones more often than I do but I often leave it somewhere and forget all about it, so I've noticed the drain a few times now.

Guest Hans Gruber

I thought it was just me! Never noticed anyone mention it before so thought it must just be something I'd done wrong. I don't suppose we'll see any kind of fix until CM9 now.

Guest sej7278

Yep, you're right! Went down 14% in 4 hours with a missed text LED notification on.

i think that's expected behaviour, tom_g always said led notifications were a bad idea.

Guest targetbsp

i think that's expected behaviour, tom_g always said led notifications were a bad idea.

Nah, they're a great idea. I was under the impression though that the solid lit one wasn't meant to use much battery and an option to flash the led (which I don't think we ever got? ) was going to be the battery drainer*. In any case, as it only occurs when it's telling me something I need to know, I'm happy! I'd personally far rather know I've missed a call than save a little battery. I was just confirming Hans Grubers observation because I had earlier, incorrectly, disputed it. :)

*re: http://android.modaco.com/topic/335328-cyanogenmod-7-android-237-is-now-gen-2-only/page__st__8000__p__1797715#entry1797715

Edited by targetbsp

Suuuure, it's a very very bad idea to use a phone for things like telling you if you had a call... Who would want that?! laugh.gif

Build: Self-compiled CM 7.2.0-RC0 nightly 15dec

Will it be shared for public downloading?

Chris Soyars wrote (https://plus.google....sts/9xBnN7tQJ2n )

As most of you are aware, CM7 nightly builds have been down for about a month now. This originally stemmed from some hardware issues, which have been resolved. I've just made the decision (with some +1s from other CM maintainers) to keep the nightly builds down until we are ready to start doing CM9 builds. There is still some occasional progress made on CM7, however for the most part maintainers are working on CM9 exclusively. It isn't worth the time to revive the build cluster to a state in which it can build CM7, just to redo all of the work when we're ready for CM9.

Edit: This does not mean the end of CM7. There very well may be another stable release, this is just the end of nightly builds

Edited by docck

Guest targetbsp

Will it be shared for public downloading?

Thanks for info about buildbot! There's a reasonably recent build here until/if Sej releases one: http://blade.windows98.co.uk/

It doesn't have any addons like Sej's virtual keypad or miui battery bar. And it's missing the last few updates because none of them were important enough to be worth the effort! Actually I have compiled the latest changes, I just can't be bothered to put it on my phone and test it. :D So I left the one I know works up there.

Guest camille1462

Hello it's the first time I have this kind of preblem while updating ROM:

- I am currently with the 24_oct ROM, which works really great for my use

- when I try to update directly (no wipe) to CM7_7.2.0_RC0_KANG by burstlam, I don't have gapps. Then I install gapps from CMW but I doesn't work: I have Maps, but not the other ones... I'm not rooted anymore so I cannot use titanium backup to restore them... :angry:

- I try a full wipe, fresh install, reboot, install June version of gapps-gb to keep the old market, It doesn't change anything: no gapps. Tried to install the latest version of gapps: same result.

Do anyone have an idea or could help me? Thanx

--EDIT--

Thanks for info about buildbot! There's a reasonably recent build here until/if Sej releases one: http://blade.windows98.co.uk/

It doesn't have any addons like Sej's virtual keypad or miui battery bar. And it's missing the last few updates because none of them were important enough to be worth the effort! Actually I have compiled the latest changes, I just can't be bothered to put it on my phone and test it. :D So I left the one I know works up there.

everything's OK with the files found here via the link proposed by targetbsp. I juste saw it when starting I was about to lose control...

Edited by camille1462

Guest targetbsp

Do you have a big enough system partition? It completely filled my 160 when I tried it, you'd have no chance with 138mb.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278

lol, yeah there's not much worth looking at in cm7 right now, i only built my 15dec to make sure that the libsurfaceflinger revert had worked and that we could build the kernel from github still - as tom_g never uploaded the .config, so i built with config.gz i extracted from patch4.

interesting to hear that there will be no nightlies until cm9, i thought they were going to release 7.2 at least.

anyway, patches included are miui-like battery bar, softbuttons, my kernel based on the latest in github, the new 5mp camera libs, plus all the commits since n257, which is a grand total of about six since n257+2 :D

the kernel has lots of taos/synaptics changes, so backup your old install as this might do odd things to touchscreen/proximity again, i've not noticed any problems overnight though.

usual place

md5sum: 9100d68f52713d8ccf90feec494da377 update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-15dec-signed.zip

can someone mirror it to megaupload or something, as this is likely the be the last cm7 build we'll see, i don't want my server to be the only download location for blades lol!

Edited by sej7278

Guest Kamikaze.

Are you guys sure you have NO problems with booting? My Blade did it again! When I boot up my phone, it'll ask my PIN, and goes to my launcher. I can't do nothing in a while, because it's kind of frozen for a while. After ~20 seconds it responses to my touch, but still damn slowly. After a minute or more, the boot animation starts up. Damn it! What the hell is wrong? Is there any advice? Could it be a certain app or virus or something? I definately don't wanna change my rom, but soon I will, if I can't fix this. It's worth it.

BTW. I tried Android Assistant to block certain apps from opening up at boot, but nope. I also tried different launchers.

Cheers...

Guest targetbsp

You get the boot animation after the launcher? So you mean it's crashing at some point after startup and rebooting again? I've never had that, no. Overclocked?

It is slow for a short while after boot though and the launcher can temporarily freeze up if used during that period. This manifests itself as the launcher not responding, or if you manage to get into an app before it freezes, it makes the exit of that app look frozen whilst it restarts the launcher. It doesn't much phase me because well, how often do you need to reboot? I just consider it part of the time the phone takes to reboot.

It was more of a problem for me when the random exit of apps did it - resolved by ticking lock home in memory in CM Settings. And when it occurred after mounting the SD card after transferring files which I've avoided by using Samba Filesharing.

Guest Kamikaze.
You get the boot animation after the launcher? So you mean it's crashing at some point after startup and rebooting again? I've never had that, no. Overclocked?

Yep, I mean my phone or rom just crashes and affects a reboot. I'm downloading the Milehigh rom, but before I install it, i'll try couple of things such as bringing the frecuency lower etc. And do a reboot.

Yeah, my english ain't that good :)

md5sum: 9100d68f52713d8ccf90feec494da377 update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-15dec-signed.zip

can someone mirror it to megaupload or something, as this is likely the be the last cm7 build we'll see, i don't want my server to be the only download location for blades lol!

I'm uploading it to multiupload right now. Give it about 20 Minutes to finish.

Download Link: click

Edited by bhf

Guest Hans Gruber

lol, yeah there's not much worth looking at in cm7 right now, i only built my 15dec to make sure that the libsurfaceflinger revert had worked and that we could build the kernel from github still - as tom_g never uploaded the .config, so i built with config.gz i extracted from patch4.

interesting to hear that there will be no nightlies until cm9, i thought they were going to release 7.2 at least.

anyway, patches included are miui-like battery bar, softbuttons, my kernel based on the latest in github, the new 5mp camera libs, plus all the commits since n257, which is a grand total of about six since n257+2 :D

the kernel has lots of taos/synaptics changes, so backup your old install as this might do odd things to touchscreen/proximity again, i've not noticed any problems overnight though.

usual place

Mirror here http://www.multiupload.com/4W1CWMNCRL

Guest brickornot

So how it is possible that this guy included not only 6 tweaks from 257+2 but also all from upcoming 4 cm9 ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1382014

Is it possible to you SEJ7278 or target or burstalm or anyone, to build smth like this ?

Because i heard from here and another forum that its super fast.

but most of translation sucks.

Guest brickornot

Also one more question. i am just not sure:

Original kernel is the same kernel which is in SEJ ?

And that kernel which is in SEJ is the same kernel which is inside this ? :

Here I have update a normal version (no odexing) ,hope some weird issue would be gone : Download Link

edit : usb host mode patch removed as it may prevent the machine to enter idle state properly.

md5 : 381499f684feec24c190bdccfc5bb7e7

Power button -> reboot : it looks like the machine did not get provisioned properly~ but I have no idea how why it happen~

the Carrier Label thing~ um .. My Kang primary serve the Chinese Blade Community (PRC HK and Taiwan) and we have Carrier Label issues that I have to make some changes on the source code to get proper displaying~

Sorry but u have to take this ~

On Smartass and Overclocking : the Smartass tweak is more aggressive than Ondemand mode, higher values higher instability.

because they are all cm7, but in those 3 builds, cm7N, sej, burstlam - all of them have basically the same kernel ?

Edited by brickornot

Guest Kamikaze.

Yep, I mean my phone or rom just crashes and affects a reboot. I'm downloading the Milehigh rom, but before I install it, i'll try couple of things such as bringing the frecuency lower etc. And do a reboot.

Yeah, my english ain't that good :)

Nah, I give up, I just made it worse. Changed to Moldovan Milehi', at least I'm able to fuc*ing boot... Maybe I'll be back, if I have any inspiration to start diagnosis, what was wrong...

Edited by Kamikaze.

Guest sej7278

because they are all cm7, but in those 3 builds, cm7N, sej, burstlam - all of them have basically the same kernel ?

not at all.

the regular n257 has a much earlier kernel than my 15dec (or n257+2) with none of the new camera support or touchscreen/proximity "improvements".

pretty sure burstlam has some major changes in the kernel ((its targeted towards chinese models) that also makes it different to my 15dec, although its nearer to that kernel than the n257 one,

the guy from xda seems to have just put an ics theme and some minor mods on top of cm7 n256 (its not ics 4.0/cm9 and its still the old kernel) its pretty unlikely its any faster, that's just subjective.

i don't like calling these things a "rom" as they're just custom builds with a few patches. the rom is cm7.

edit: thanks for the mirrors guys, i'll probably take my copy down later as already used 9gb from 99 downloads.

Edited by sej7278

Guest brickornot

not at all.

the regular n257 has a much earlier kernel than my 15dec (or n257+2) with none of the new camera support or touchscreen/proximity "improvements".

pretty sure burstlam has some major changes in the kernel ((its targeted towards chinese models) that also makes it different to my 15dec, although its nearer to that kernel than the n257 one,

the guy from xda seems to have just put an ics theme and some minor mods on top of cm7 n256 (its not ics 4.0 and its still the old kernel) its pretty unlikely its any faster, that's just subjective.

i don't like calling these things a "rom" as they're just custom builds with a few patches. the rom is cm7.

edit: thanks for the mirrors guys, i'll probably take my copy down later as already used 9gb from 99 downloads.

thanks.