[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

what is a T9 dialler - is it one of those ones for foreign characters or is it the ones that let you type a name instead of a number? got any screenshots?

Yeah you can type a name in the same way we used to do text messages on number pads. The stock blade rom supported it. It's why all the froyos offered the ZTE dialer as an alternative to the AOSP one.

t9.png

Edited by targetbsp

Guest timmie897

I have installed burstlam's rom but for some reason it's japanese. blink.gif

Does someone know how to change the language?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

EDIT: Nevermind I forgot to install google apps.

Edited by timmie897

Guest jackal-sk

T9 dial is great! however is it possible to search by Name instead of a phone number ? Cos I dont remember first digits of phone number of 200 contacts :)

I know I can go to contacts -> search, but then i have to press menu->search and this way I could just start typing and it would look out for contacts right away. There is an option "Search names first, then numbers" but I don't understand how it works when i still can input numbers only.

Guest targetbsp

Searching by name is what T9 is for. :D

Look at the numbers I entered in the screenshot and the number it showed. They are not the same. I'm not entering any part of the phone number.

The point of it is of the numbers I typed in, 267: 2 represents the letters ABC, 6 MNO, 7 PQRS

From that it decided I wanted ANS for answerphone. :)

It would admittedly perhaps be easier on a smartphone to just type in the name on the soft keyboard, but that wouldn't be called T9: http://en.wikipedia....redictive_text)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest yadayada

Is anyone experiencing build problems?

After a make clean and build:

frameworks/base/core/java/android/widget/VideoView.java:46: package com.ti.omap.omap_mm_library does not exist

import com.ti.omap.omap_mm_library.OmapMMLibrary;

^

frameworks/base/core/java/android/widget/VideoView.java:62: cannot find symbol

symbol  : class OmapMMLibrary

private OmapMMLibrary mOmapMMHandle = null;

^

frameworks/base/core/java/android/widget/VideoView.java:196: cannot find symbol

symbol  : class OmapMMLibrary

mOmapMMHandle = new OmapMMLibrary();

^

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

3 errors

make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41

Blade uses Texas Instruments libraries ??

Guest burstlam

Is anyone experiencing build problems?

Blade uses Texas Instruments libraries ??

recent merge break the source

open this file "CMPATH: /build/core/pathmap.mk" with txt editor

add the path back as follow and it will fix the compile

FRAMEWORKS_BASE_SUBDIRS := \

$(addsuffix /java, \

core \

graphics \

location \

media \

opengl \

sax \

telephony \

wifi \

vpn \

keystore \

voip \

omapmmlib \ 	<- add this line back->

)

Guest surfatwork

Hi burstlam - great work, thanks very much. I am running your odex version from the 19th. does the contacts.zip in post number 11521 contain all 6 patches for the dialer?

Guest hankhandsome

i can only guess i don't have a 160mb parition because the odexed version of the new release didn't work - got stuck on the android logo. the un-odexed version of the new release worked just fine though, so very happy. thanks burstlam :)

Is there any recent build available with the T9 Dialer (incl. patches) and the MIUI Battery Bar? I think sej7278's build is the only one with the MIUI patches, but it is several weeks old and does not include the new T9 dialer.

Maybe sej7278 can provide a new build with the current patches (incl. MIUI), otherwise I will dig out my old build environment and try to create (maybe one last cm7) build.

Guest eucurto

I used to include MIUI but I don't use it so I stopped. :D I can't do another this month as I'm close to bandwidth as I'm close to bandwidth limit, sorry!

spend the remaining traffic ordering bacon for your kitten! :D

thank you for your builds.

By the way.. if you press the numbers box on the dialer the android keyboard comes in and it "smashes" the dialer keypad. so just use the dialer keypad. :) (kang20dec)

Guest yadayada

recent merge break the source

open this file "CMPATH: /build/core/pathmap.mk" with txt editor

add the path back as follow and it will fix the compile

FRAMEWORKS_BASE_SUBDIRS := \

$(addsuffix /java, \

core \

graphics \

location \

media \

opengl \

sax \

telephony \

wifi \

vpn \

keystore \

voip \

omapmmlib \ 	<- add this line back->

)

Thanks.

The problem has been fixed in the repository.

Guest targetbsp

That one is the nicer looking one. It includes all the fixes from the previous patches and also adds a few layout fixes of its own. It's also actually already merged - though accidentally. So there probably will be a further patch now if there's any more outstanding issues!

Guest targetbsp

By the way.. if you press the numbers box on the dialer the android keyboard comes in and it "smashes" the dialer keypad. so just use the dialer keypad. :) (kang20dec)

That was fixed in what I've randomly called 20th December r2. :D

I'm running Burstlam's KANG v19dec (ODEXed) and noticed two places where the process crashes:

CyanogenMod Settings -> System -> Anonymous statistics

CyanogenMod Settings -> System -> Update notification

Anyone else experiencing FC in above locations?

Guest surfatwork

That one is the nicer looking one. It includes all the fixes from the previous patches and also adds a few layout fixes of its own. It's also actually already merged - though accidentally. So there probably will be a further patch now if there's any more outstanding issues!

brill. thanks.

Guest brickornot

I'm running Burstlam's KANG v19dec (ODEXed) and noticed two places where the process crashes:

CyanogenMod Settings -> System -> Anonymous statistics

CyanogenMod Settings -> System -> Update notification

Anyone else experiencing FC in above locations?

yes

Guest sej7278

Is there any recent build available with the T9 Dialer (incl. patches) and the MIUI Battery Bar? I think sej7278's build is the only one with the MIUI patches, but it is several weeks old and does not include the new T9 dialer.

Maybe sej7278 can provide a new build with the current patches (incl. MIUI), otherwise I will dig out my old build environment and try to create (maybe one last cm7) build.

i've uploaded a 21dec

its got the T9 dialler with the "Dialpad: T9 Dialer - Fixes (android_packages_apps_Contacts)" patch.

the miui-like battery bar is not the new one that runs up the right side of the screen instead of across the top, as that sounds awful.

also softbuttons and the kernel from tom_g's github (with the new camera support etc. as in 15dec and n257+2).

usual place, could someone mirror it please ?

md5sum: f1ab84cefd0d86390c6bb8399b699d9d update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-21dec-signed.zip

Edited by sej7278