[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

how does wifi undervolt working?

no idea, the patch that's called wifi undervolting seems to do something to the sdcard options, and looks irrelevant to wifi.....

no idea, the patch that's called wifi undervolting seems to do something to the sdcard options, and looks irrelevant to wifi.....

Hi sej,

I wonder if you could help me,I used to use your builds on my blade and now I have a skate which I have managed to get softkeys on by taking systemui.apk & the whole framework folder from one of your builds and putting into cm7 3.5 by tilal before flashing the rom.

What I would like to know is what .jar files from framework folder are necessary to enable softkeys?

I know I need systemui.apk & frameworkres.apk,but that is not enough to enable them,already tried that.

That'll work. Burstlam has already included that CPU undervolting patch into his source. Also the wifi adapter undervolting is already included. Burstlam's source has more tweaks than official CM7 source and it might give a bit more powerful kernel. You can also find a config that you can use to compile. ;)

Just built it and tested it as far as it boots and everything seems to work ok. Rather not release it because it's none of my work. I'm sure burstlam will release another KANG eventually.

Just a small question. The cm7gen2_defconfig in burstlam's source is missing some stuff and running make will ask:

enable ZTE handset FTM mode detect. (ZTE_FTM_FLAG_SUPPORT) [Y/n] (NEW)

Allow CPU-based alignment handling (ALLOW_CPU_ALIGNMENT) [N/y/?] (NEW)

Auto calculation of the decompressed kernel image address (AUTO_ZRELADDR) [N/y/?] (NEW)

Default number of zram devices (ZRAM_NUM_DEVICES) [1] (NEW)

Compressed RAM block device debug support (ZRAM_DEBUG) [N/y/?] (NEW)

Page cache compression support (ZCACHE) [N/y/?] (NEW)

I'm building in the background with the defauts, but was wondering if someone knew whether it would be preferred to change any of those? I've not seen lines 2 and 3 before. The rest I think I understand.. kind of :)

Does sej7278's new build work well without sirious bugs for daily use? My currently rom is: 7.1 stable

Well, if you've survived with 7.1 stable for this long, I doubt the latest build will fail you ;) ..though you should keep in mind the kernel hasn't been tested for that long!

will it be possible to make a flashable zip with the new kernel instead of a new nightly?

Download sej's build, extract boot.img from it to your sdcard and run in terminal emulator

$ su

# flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img

reboot.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest kirpika

anyone with a CHINESE BLADE (256 mb) had success with detecting proximity sensor (and light sensor) on any ROM apart from stock chinese. anytime i try ti calibrate it - i get an error. and it obviously doesn't work.

people say this is due to a different driver (unicom uses new hardware). is it solved?

don't download it, i can't mount the sdcard now, so its a bad kernel, i guess there must be other patches needed.

so i've put 18jan back up which doesn't have wifi undervolting but does have cpu undervolting and a working sdcard!

I got burstlam's kernel built and it's up'n'runnin. No problems with wifi uv <-> sdcard.

Guest sej7278

I got burstlam's kernel built and it's up'n'runnin. No problems with wifi uv <-> sdcard.

yeah i'm assuming there's more differences between tom_g's kernel and burstlam's that are required - plus that patch labelled wifi is obviously not the wifi fix!

yeah i'm assuming there's more differences between tom_g's kernel and burstlam's that are required - plus that patch labelled wifi is obviously not the wifi fix!

It seems it could still be it. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#SDIO (..I'm not probably supposed to be giving info taken from wikipedia today, sorry..)

A SDIO (Secure Digital Input Output) card is an extension of the SD specification to cover I/O functions. Host devices that support SDIO (typically PDAs like the Palm Treo, but occasionally laptops or mobile phones) can use the SD slot to support GPS receivers, modems, barcode readers, FM radio tuners, TV tuners, RFID readers, digital cameras, and interfaces to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, and IrDA. Many other SDIO devices have been proposed, but it is now more common for I/O devices to connect using the USB interface.

SDIO cards support most of the memory commands of SD cards. SDIO cards can be structured as 8 logical cards, although currently, the typical way that an SDIO card uses this capability is to structure itself as one I/O card and one memory card.

edit: @shmizan, I'm not going to upload my build from burstlam's kernel source as it's for my personal testing only. I'm sure he'll release a KANG with a new kernel when it's ready to be released.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest targetbsp

Meh. Someone ruined my comparison to the stock kernel by actually using my phone to try and talk to me! That's not what it's for damnit. It's for tweaking the heck out of! :P

Guest sej7278

It seems it could still be it. From http://en.wikipedia....gital_card#SDIO (..I'm not probably supposed to be giving info taken from wikipedia today, sorry..)

yup, i was being lazy and didn't cherry-pick using git, i just changed the two numbers, but changed the sdcard numbers not the wifi (sdio) ones.

Meh. Someone ruined my comparison to the stock kernel by actually using my phone to try and talk to me! That's not what it's for damnit. It's for tweaking the heck out of! :P

bastards! its true, i tweak my blade 10x as much as i actually use it. i only turn on wifi to make sure my market apps and su-binary are up-to-date!

Edited by sej7278

yup, i was being lazy and didn't cherry-pick using git, i just changed the two numbers, but changed the sdcard numbers not the wifi (sdio) ones.

bastards! its true, i tweak my blade 10x as much as i actually use it. i only turn on wifi to make sure my market apps and su-binary are up-to-date!

wifi undervolt is already running?

Guest sej7278

wifi undervolt is already running?

only in the 18jan3 from the usual place, not 18jan or 18jan2

d60407c4500729114ab13d4a69b8fed2 update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-18jan3-signed.zip

The WiFi undervolt only saves energy when it's on but you are not using it or it also saves when you are using it?

Does the wifi signal get any worse with it?

Guest targetbsp

i was out tonight with a friend telling him the story of my ruined phone test (he's a geek too :D ) and it seems he forgot all about it and texted me to tell me he'd forgotten something. And I missed the text so the notification was sat draining battery for a while. Test ruined again. :D I'm not sure I care about the results enough for this! lol

I'm just gonna run it and assume it's better. :P

Edited by targetbsp