[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest rapier07

U can go to my thread...

Im forgot post number, but u can search it in there.. burgerz gave the link in his post... n so much explanations.. u can try learn on there..

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Hi i downloaded the image.bin that BurgerZ posted. I placed it on the root of sdcard and started phone pressing menu+volm up, it just booted into CM.

Next i placed the image.bin in a folder named image and did the same. This time it showed me the word "error" in green 4-5 times.

I also tried extracting the bin but magicISO says its an invalid image.

What am i doing wrong ? :/

Sorry its my first time with a tpt

7Feb is another great build ;-).

I found following issues:

* after reboot system starts 3-4 minutes (I have /sd-ext environment described earlier). But after start it working properly.

* I experienced it only once and coudn't reproduce it but I know from oter peoples that they also have this problem:

when phone turns off its screen and phone is in the horizontal position then after turn on screen is filled by wrong content like here:

forum.android.com.pl (see post #4215)

In my case I had to reboot to back to normal.

I'm realy happy, even with some issues this rom works amazing!

Edited by kjacek

Burgerz: Please add Swedish to your next build, thanks!

EDIT: Never mind I notised that it will be in the next build =)

Thanks Burgerz

Edited by MrIcka

Guest ChainSOV

7Feb is another great build ;-).

I found following issues:

* I experienced it only once and coudn't reproduce it but I know from oter peoples that they also have this problem:

when phone turns off its screen and phone is in the horizontal position then after turn on screen is filled by wrong content like here:

forum.android.com.pl (see post #4215)

your words inspired me to try something and I was finally able to narrow the alarm clock issue down:

Its holding your phone in horizontal position while dismissing an alarm that gets your phone in a useless state where your lockscreen has no controls or any information beside your background picture and you can't unlock the phone, just bring up the power down phone options menue.

post-847233-0-01791900-1328691444_thumb.

Edited by ChainSOV

it is possible to add this from Fish'n'Chips rom :

RLS3.2:

- **TCP buffer sizes optimised for extra "OOOMMMPHHHH" over EDGE, 3G and WIFI

** found on XDA<br style=color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">(see screenshots below and this video:http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qIU59sZ-vyE)

didn't tried the new fish n chips rom..

Guest targetbsp

I also use setcpu because I can set profiles that I use.

Normal usage - screen on 122-604MHz

Screen off - 122-480MHz

Battery low, below 20% - 122-320MHz

On charge - 245-604MHz

Why not just choose a CPU governor closer to your needs and let it handle it? SmartAss will keep the cpu speed down with the screen off.

Guest BurgerZ

Why not just choose a CPU governor closer to your needs and let it handle it? SmartAss will keep the cpu speed down with the screen off.

I have nothing to add to these words!

+1

SmartassV2 - can handle all states of your phone and set cpu speed accordingly to them.

your words inspired me to try something and I was finally able to narrow the alarm clock issue down:

Its holding your phone in horizontal position while dismissing an alarm that gets your phone in a useless state where your lockscreen has no controls or any information beside your background picture and you can't unlock the phone, just bring up the power down phone options menue.

that happens with me too

on sej 31 jan biuld

Does undervolting work for each apparatus?

I bought it end of March 2011 with an Oled screen.

This are my findings the last 2 days:

-with Burgerz 3 feb. the battery goes from 94% to 20% in ca 8 hours

cpu-spy gives a deep sleep of 8h 21' 22" from in total 9h 17' 37"

cpu speed max/min 672/122 Mhz, , smartass2 governor, 3G, data off and WiFi always on

- with CM 7.1.0 stable the battery goes from 74% to 72% in ca 8 hours

cpu-spy gives a deep sleep of 20h 09' 04" from in total 21h 24' 19"

cpu speed max/min 672/122 Mhz, , smartass governor, 3G, data off and WiFi always on

In both roms are the same apks installed.

Is it possible to give a kernel without undervolting for the Burgerz rom?

Or perhaps the possibility it to choose in "settings"?

Edited by Grejo

Does undervolting work for each apparatus?

I bought it end of March 2011 with an Oled screen.

This are my findings the last 2 days:

-with Burgerz 3 feb. the battery goes from 94% to 20% in ca 8 hours

cpu-spy gives a deep sleep of 8h 21' 22" from in total 9h 17' 37"

cpu speed max/min 672/122 Mhz, , smartass2 governor, 3G, data off and WiFi always on

- with CM 7.1.0 stable the battery goes from 74% to 72% in ca 8 hours

cpu-spy gives a deep sleep of 20h 09' 04" from in total 21h 24' 19"

cpu speed max/min 672/122 Mhz, , smartass governor, 3G, data off and WiFi always on

In both roms are the same apks installed.

Is it possible to give a kernel without undervolting for the Burgerz rom?

Or perhaps the possibility it to choose in "settings"?

+1 , I was also wishing for a build without UV kernel.

Guest vikasdieselxcd35

1. Don't talk in CAPS, as it could be rude.

2. There's no person named Kang.

3. We don't know. Try it and post a feedback, but I think your problem is that you simply didn't enabled autorotation in display settings.

4. Please turn on spell checking, if possible. Thank you.

hey dude i have turned on auto rotaton i m not so dumb to turn off and complain and the rom i tried is cm 7.1.0 after which i lost the roataion feature the positional sensors are gone and other sensors like display sensors are working fine...also proximity sensors works fine :) accelerometer and magnetic sensor doesnt work...

Guest BurgerZ

hey dude i have turned on auto rotaton i m not so dumb to turn off and complain and the rom i tried is cm 7.1.0 after which i lost the roataion feature the positional sensors are gone and other sensors like display sensors are working fine...also proximity sensors works fine :) accelerometer and magnetic sensor doesnt work...

All I can understand - U did not any wipes between ROMs?

Guest matt4321

Undervolting is a sham

Does nothing....only the battery gets depleted faster(if overclocked)...

Not true, my battery life has more than doubled since using the undervolted kernel, there is a clear increase in my battery life!

Guest targetbsp

Not true, my battery life has more than doubled since using the undervolted kernel, there is a clear increase in my battery life!

In 3 different tests I carried out undervolting the CPU had no effect on battery life and made some peoples phones unstable. In the 1 wifi test I carried out undervolting actually decreased battery life but that seems odd and I only did the one test so I'm not going to make any claims on that.

If it helps your battery then great but it's clearly a case of YMMV and as it makes phones unstable it should be optional.

Guest matt4321

In 3 different tests I carried out undervolting the CPU had no effect on battery life and made some peoples phones unstable. In the 1 wifi test I carried out undervolting actually decreased battery life but that seems odd and I only did the one test so I'm not going to make any claims on that.

If it helps your battery then great but it's clearly a case of YMMV and as it makes phones unstable it should be optional.

really!? interesting! i haven't seen any decrease in stability or performance from when i switched over from the latest nightly, but the battery life has significantly improved