[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest MidaMilunk

I tried the odexed version... FC in WiFi connect - after a clean install! Which googleapps should I use? I tried 20110828 and 20110828b.

But it looked the fastest ROM I have ever seen!

What is the difference between ODEXed and the other? What is this ODEX exactly?

Is it OK to flash it over the previous build (13feb)? I wonder if it works for me or not, UV kernels with CM were usually very unstable.

Read this over here:

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-odex-and-deodex-in-android-complete-guide/

And as already stated above, These links, both odex and normal, do not have CPU UV.

So you dont have to worry about it being unstable.

Guest mgn.kir

I tried the odexed version... FC in WiFi connect - after a clean install! Which googleapps should I use? I tried 20110828 and 20110828b.

Same problem, odexed version to. I'm try to connect to unsecured Wifi network. Orange San Francisco from UK.

Edited by mgn.kir

Guest ..Abel..

is this one faster than the builds by burgerz ?? cos i feel those are the fastest !! how is the battery life ?

Guest MidaMilunk

is this one faster than the builds by burgerz ?? cos i feel those are the fastest !! how is the battery life ?

I do not really know... I only tried burgerz version for 5-10 minutes, since does not have hungarian language. This one felt a way faster anyway, and from the very beginning!

I wish there were a working version - but I am going to try the normal version as well!

Well, I have tried the normal version - the same FC happens when I try to connect a WiFi network...

I tried burgerz version as well, but the above version is definitely faster, very sad having this problem with the WiFi (and who knows what else).

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest Ray-man

WOW! This rom's moved on light years since I last visited, seems to have fragmented somewhat though.

My San Francisco is running a nightly dating from last August (#152 I think), so would someone please recommend a recent stable build that I should start with.

I guess there may be other things that need updating, rom space etc., so I would appreciate some guidance on the easiest way to bring it more up to date.

My phone was updated to GEN2 using wbaw's TPT method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WOW! This rom's moved on light years since I last visited, seems to have fragmented somewhat though.

My San Francisco is running a nightly dating from last August (#152 I think), so would someone please recommend a recent stable build that I should start with.

I guess there may be other things that need updating, rom space etc., so I would appreciate some guidance on the easiest way to bring it more up to date.

My phone was updated to GEN2 using wbaw's TPT method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All recent KANGs have been stable.

You may choose from:

targetBSP's vanilla KANG,

Burgerz KANG,

Burstlam's KANG (People are reporting issues with the ODEX version)

Sej's KANG.

All of these are working fine, some have CPU undervolting as well, you might want to try that out.

I suggest you read 2 or 3 pages from here, backwards and you will find the builds I have mentioned.

What do you mean by ROM space? partition?

Well, no. You mentioned that yours is GEN2 by TPT. That should still be good.

You just need to flash a newer build, preferably do a full wipe, and you are good to go. Not much of a hassle.

Guest Ray-man

All recent KANGs have been stable.

You may choose from:

targetBSP's vanilla KANG,

Burgerz KANG,

Burstlam's KANG (People are reporting issues with the ODEX version)

Sej's KANG.

All of these are working fine, some have CPU undervolting as well, you might want to try that out.

I suggest you read 2 or 3 pages from here, backwards and you will find the builds I have mentioned.

What do you mean by ROM space? partition?

Well, no. You mentioned that yours is GEN2 by TPT. That should still be good.

You just need to flash a newer build, preferably do a full wipe, and you are good to go. Not much of a hassle.

Thanks ufizo, I'll do as you suggest. Good to know that this forum is still supported so well.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Thanks ufizo, I'll do as you suggest. Good to know that this forum is still supported so well.

Hey guys, long time no see. (And it's good to see the topic's still going strong!)

Anyway, I was wondering what you guys would consider to be the best KANG at the moment for an "average" user. My sister's phone, who the OSF was handed down to needs an upgrade. :D So, what does everyone like most, no frills but up to date?

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Hello Victor.

I have tryed alote of these KANGS but i must say the moste stable and best IMO is

Its burstlam version =) 1 page back and u see hes post. =)

Ah, beautiful :)

Good ole' Burtslam. And it honestly is amazing seeing so many people still working on CM7 here. It's a shame not all phone communities are like this

Guest MidaMilunk

My kernels have no USB Host mode built-in. Coz it consumes the power as hell. I didn't try to handle this issue (my phone is broken yet).

Hi BurgerZ!

Would you be so kind to include "HUngarian" in your next build?

Many thanks!

Guest MidaMilunk

+1, my blade just a fly :). burstlam, many thanks!!

Don't you have problems enabling WiFi? For me (and one more at least) it is impossible to connect any WiFi network!

Guest sej7278

Hi BurgerZ!

Would you be so kind to include "HUngarian" in your next build?

lol, are there ANY languages in burgerz builds? what's with that anyway - trying to fit into 100mb /system or something?

edit: i've just uploaded a test build, its got the tweaks in my sig below, commits from gerrit as of 19/feb, and ALL languages, and there's an optional flashable undervolt+recording kernel to go with it (the one in the kang is just recording, no uv).

there's nothing much going on with cm7 atm - does anyone else think cyanbread is a bit half-arsed to be the default - i can still see orange/green bits here and there!

usual place

Edited by sej7278

Guest Maxsas360

lol, are there ANY languages in burgerz builds? what's with that anyway - trying to fit into 100mb /system or something?

edit: i've just uploaded a test build, its got the tweaks in my sig below, commits from gerrit as of 19/feb, and ALL languages, and there's an optional flashable undervolt+recording kernel to go with it (the one in the kang is just recording, no uv).

there's nothing much going on with cm7 atm - does anyone else think cyanbread is a bit half-arsed to be the default - i can still see orange/green bits here and there!

usual place

When I first saw it I loved it. That was half a year ago. Now I prefer stock looks or LunarUI. I think they are trying to make it resemble ICS (with a Honeycomb theme). Great that you decided UV is a sh*t.

Guest zardari

usual place

damn! where have you been sej :) ?, I have flashed build from burstlam. But, anyway thanks for the fastest build!

Hi i installed update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-16FEB-BurgerZ.zip on my idea india branded zte blade and everything was working fine including the camera. but when tuned on the phone after switching off the touch stops responding, had similar problems with Swedish Snow and MMHMP too. can anyone help thanks.

Guest sej7278

Thanks for the build Sej. Your kangs always seem to work on my sanfran very well. Anyway thanks to all those taken the time to continue building cm7 kangs.

are you seeing crap battery life with it - i don't know what it is, but my phone is losing 2% per hour when idle, no wakelocks or anything to explain it.

maybe the battery stats need recailbrating - i knew i shouldn't have flashed a rom with the battery at 50%.

Guest targetbsp

I always flash mine at random battery lifes and its fine. I don't have any battery drain in my own self compile and the only thing new since my build is this: http://review.cyanog...m/#change,12772 which doesn't seem relevant to us so I dunno!

I'm on 88% after a standby time of 20 hours and an in use time of 30 minutes which is obviously good.

Edited by targetbsp