[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Zunex

GTRacing hd clear improvement..smooth no lag at all compared to performance on pre gpu axi patches Even the way the first page of the market scrolls was a notable difference for me. Dont trust benchmarks..and squadzone's new kang at xda is pretty fast with many customizable options and his kernel i think its worth checking out

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1532921

Does Squadzone has a super blade? He overclocked it to 825 mhz and has 465 MB total RAM. Is it possible? Did I miss something? O_o

Guest GoGokh

for me uv kernel works... i'm using my phone for playing music for about 2h per days (2x1h in the train)

with uv kernel 1h, i'm losing 3-5% of the battery

without uv kernel 1h, i'm losing 10-12% of the battery...

same setting (smartassv2, oc 672mhz), full wipe on each install

+¹, i'm listening like 3h music+ fm radio and i see a big differrence

Guest targetbsp

I wanted to buy World of Goo for use on a future phone whilst it is cheap due to the rebranding of market to play.

So I edited a build prop to fake the Blade as an ARMv7 Nexus S using various sources on the web

You can download it here: blade.windows98.co.uk/downloads/arm7-build.prop

use root explorer or equivalent

rename your current one in the /system folder

put that in it's place using root explorer

check the permissions are the same as your old one

go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all

wipe data for google framework and market

reboot

start the market app

it will take several minutes for the market to recognise your 'new' phone. The same delay applies when you revert to the blade build.prop

Guest thewild

Could someone point me to the latest kang with CPU UV ?

I had Sej's 18th jan which worked really great (it had the notification swype bug though). I know have the latest build from targetsp, but I miss UV and its battery life (I'm with the other "music listener" : UV helps a lot for us).

So which version would be the latest CM with UV ?

Thanks a lot !

Guest MidaMilunk

Is there a kernel to patch over burstlam's 02March version to fix WiFi only-11b bug?

wbaw's GPU OC-ed version from 0229?? I don't think so since it is older... Or shall I extract it from f.e. burgerz's version of 5th March?

Guest Toods

Could someone point me to the latest kang with CPU UV ?

I had Sej's 18th jan which worked really great (it had the notification swype bug though). I know have the latest build from targetsp, but I miss UV and its battery life (I'm with the other "music listener" : UV helps a lot for us).

So which version would be the latest CM with UV ?

The last of SEJ's builds to have UV was '26jan'.

I still use that one without problems.

Guest tcpaulh

I edited a build prop to fake the Blade as an ARMv7 Nexus S using various sources on the web

Very handy :) I wonder if we can get Dead Space using a different fingerprint? Doesn't seem to work on default or yours here.

Guest eucurto

I wanted to buy World of Goo for use on a future phone whilst it is cheap due to the rebranding of market to play.

So I edited a build prop to fake the Blade as an ARMv7 Nexus S using various sources on the web

use root explorer or equivalent

rename your current one in the /system folder

put that in it's place using root explorer

check the permissions are the same as your old one

go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all

wipe data for google framework and market

reboot

start the market app

it will take several minutes for the market to recognise your 'new' phone. The same delay applies when you revert to the blade build.prop

Friend, couldn't find google framework... please help.

EDIT: got it! didn't found it because my phone was in Portuguese. changed language to English, rebooted and there it was the framework ;). thanks

Edited by eucurto

Guest saransh9

Ok I tried gta3 yes there is some improvements in high traffic areas and it doesn't lag till certain extent.

I think eternal legacy will take time for me to test it.

Guest targetbsp

Very handy :) I wonder if we can get Dead Space using a different fingerprint? Doesn't seem to work on default or yours here.

You have to make sure you're buying the EA netherlands version for EA apps. If you try for the EA Inc ones it will say incompatible if you're in Europe.

Guest lensois59

I have dead space running on this ROM and it's amazing and smooth. :)

Anyone have tried this on CM7 ? :

And itf it works Is it possible to add this tweak in the next release ? :D

Guest targetbsp

Anyone have tried this on CM7 ? :

http://android.modac...3d-performance/

And itf it works Is it possible to add this tweak in the next release ? :D

It works. The benefit is very minor though. But more than this GPU overclocking people seem to be raving about that I can't get to work at all. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest emc02

It works. The benefit is very minor though. But more than this GPU overclocking people seem to be raving about that I can't get to work at all. :D

would be nice, if you could merge it into your new build ("soon") ;)

Guest targetbsp

would be nice, if you could merge it into your new build ("soon") ;)

Maybe! I have no immediate plans to compile a version though. Best to flash that CWM file for now. I'm playing with something other than CM7 atm. :D

Guest emc02

it works and its abou 7-10% more 3D power

thats good and should be merged in CM7, because a few minor benefits could be a big benefit together ;)

Guest targetbsp

I think one or more of the build.prop changes helps too. I'm not able to narrow it down to which ones due to running out of battery!

Guest cowscrubber

It works. The benefit is very minor though. ...

Minor? I've been getting over 10% better 3D benchmark scores, and frame rates are higher by about 5.

Guest targetbsp

Minor? I've been getting over 10% better 3D benchmark scores, and frame rates are higher by about 5.

I got about 4% from the libs and another 3 or 4 from build.prop. I'm already overclocked and running a performance oriented governor though (smartassv2) - are you? Perhaps there's less you can wring otu of it when it's already flat out or something?

Guest cowscrubber

I got about 4% from the libs and another 3 or 4 from build.prop. I'm already overclocked and running a performance oriented governor though (smartassv2) - are you? Perhaps there's less you can wring otu of it when it's already flat out or something?

I'm also on smartassV2, but not overclocked. Maybe you're right about your configuration being flat out.

I don't like overclocking so I try to squeeze out as much as I can from the stock CPU and GPU clock rates.

But anyway, I'm just glad that people found this new tweak. :lol:

Guest targetbsp

I'm more suspecting you're seeing the benefits of something else being overclocked - but not the GPU core.

Which from 133 to an alleged 350 was fairly unlikely anyway. I wonder if people are just seeing benefits from the overclocked bus?

I'm going with this with regards to the GPU overclocking. All the games quoted as benefiting are very texture heavy and likely to benefit from a fast bus speed to the GPU. Only way to prove it though would be to change the kernel to keep the bus overclock and remove the supposed GPU overclock and see if it's as fast. But I wouldn't know how to do that. And does anyone really care as if the overclock isn't working - it can't be doing any harm!

Guest targetbsp

I'm also on smartassV2, but not overclocked. Maybe you're right about your configuration being flat out.

I don't like overclocking so I try to squeeze out as much as I can from the stock CPU and GPU clock rates.

But anyway, I'm just glad that people found this new tweak. :lol:

Yeah it could be they made the drive more cpu efficient or something so you get more of a boost with less CPU power? Or you could just be luckier with it than me. :D

In any case, as far as I can tell, it seems to be provided a measurable benefit of some kind to all who have tried it and I've not heard of any downsides. So it seems a good thing!