[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Marinheiro

Hello, everyone!

After installing the latest cm7 nightly update i've lost all gapps and no matter what i do i can't install them.

I made a factory reset, cache wipe, dalvik cache but nothing, simply can't get gapps with the latest NIGHTLY update (everything seems ok with the installation on recovery ).

I also tried to install this over 257 nightly but it's the same.

Am i missing something?

Can you help figure out the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Guest targetbsp

What size system do you have? I wonder, is it possibly we've finally tipped over the old 138mb system size we used to have for gen 2 conversions?

Guest MidaMilunk

A bit off-topic question... is it really a compile-time option to restrict/enable SIP calls to WiFi connection?

As far as I could get information, this is the default in GB, but most of the cooked ROMs changed this. Apparently they live on the appy side, where all mobile data are free, or flat-rate. Unfortunately I would like to have this restriction, but can not find how to change it!

Guest KonstaT

A bit off-topic question... is it really a compile-time option to restrict/enable SIP calls to WiFi connection?

As far as I could get information, this is the default in GB, but most of the cooked ROMs changed this. Apparently they live on the appy side, where all mobile data are free, or flat-rate. Unfortunately I would like to have this restriction, but can not find how to change it!

It's a simple boolean in framework-res.apk/res/values/bools.xml. Changing <bool name="config_sip_wifi_only">false</bool> to true should do it in ZTE stock ROMs (untested of course ;)).

With CM7 it's easiest to do it before compiling. Looking at https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base/blob/gingerbread/core/res/res/values/config.xml it seems that it is already set to true in CM7.

Edited by KonstaT

What size system do you have? I wonder, is it possibly we've finally tipped over the old 138mb system size we used to have for gen 2 conversions?

Even better. It seems the latest installs cracked the 140 barrier also. With v10 custom TPT package, my /system partition is 144 MiB big.

Guest Marinheiro

Hi, yes my phone is a GEN1 converted a while ago to GEN2 and as far as i can tell /system partition is 138mb

Is this the problem, what can i do to get the latest NIGHTLY update with gapps?

Thanks

Guest Maxsas360

Even better. It seems the latest installs cracked the 140 barrier also. With v10 custom TPT package, my /system partition is 144 MiB big.

I use stock layout, so when I want to play with ICS, I don't need to do the risky TPT.

Guest targetbsp

Do a nandroid backup of your rom, run the 160mb system gen 1 to gen 2 tpt and restore your nandroid and you should be good to go. After doing this you will have 22mb less data space so it's important that you have plenty of free space on data before creating your nandroid backup.

From here:http://amphoras.co.u...oads/blade-tpts G1-G2 v10a should be enough for CM7

v10f will be enough for ICS if you use a mini gapps

stock if you want full gapps.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest MidaMilunk

It's a simple boolean in framework-res.apk/res/values/bools.xml. Changing <bool name="config_sip_wifi_only">false</bool> to true should do it in ZTE stock ROMs (untested of course ;)).

With CM7 it's easiest to do it before compiling. Looking at https://github.com/C...lues/config.xml it seems that it is already set to true in CM7.

The easiest way, or the only way? Is it possible to change this value without compiling?

Guest popoyaya

A lot of cool developments here lately.

Is there one kang that includes all of these?

New 3D Libs

GPU overclock

CPU UV

Beats Audio

Bravia engine

In-call recording

Anyone? Burstlam's rom?

Guest sm4tik

The easiest way, or the only way? Is it possible to change this value without compiling?

If you just want to change it from an existing framework-res.apk, you'll need to decompile it, change the value like KonstaT said and then recompile and resign. I've been busy with other stuff and it's been a while since I did it, but apktool should be you friend here. Look it up and see how it goes.

Guest Stu C

Anyone? Burstlam's rom?

For all these features, you need sej's ROM from 26 Jan, and then install the other 4 on top. That's what I have done, and it works perfectly.

Edit - sorry, this won't include gpu overclock. I was thinking that I installed all of these earlier today, but the fourth that I did was the ICS font, not gpu overclock.

Edited by Stu C

Guest hahawas

Just want to day that this is an excellent rom and now takes the place of best ROM i've ever used (including Fish N' Chips and Snow). Unmatched customisation and super smooth and fast

Guest Paden

Hey all

Has any one tried BurgerZ's RingLock_Patch which adds sm4tik & sej7278 improvements via CWM?

I've tried it with a couple of the most recent builds & although it applies OK (ie. the ring no longer explodes), the process "com.android.phone unexpectedly stops" & cannot be restarted.

Has any one had any luck applying it or have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Cheers, Paul

Guest MidaMilunk

If you just want to change it from an existing framework-res.apk, you'll need to decompile it, change the value like KonstaT said and then recompile and resign. I've been busy with other stuff and it's been a while since I did it, but apktool should be you friend here. Look it up and see how it goes.

Good idea, thanks a lot!

The next problem: no "bools.xml", there isn't even a "values" directory... I must look for it some bad place, but after extracting the ROM as a zip:

$ ./aapt l ../ROMok/BurgerZ/APK/system/framework/framework-res.apk | more

META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

META-INF/CERT.SF

META-INF/CERT.RSA

AndroidManifest.xml

$ ./aapt l ../ROMok/BurgerZ/APK/system/framework/framework-res.apk | grep -i value

$ ./aapt l ../ROMok/BurgerZ/APK/system/framework/framework-res.apk | grep -i bool

$

I guess "decompiling" means stg different than "unpacking" :) I need to learn a lot about Android inside.

Sorry, I have finally found the way to edit the values! Thanks again!

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest sm4tik

argh, can't get the miui battery bar to merge now!

I finally got my first build done after a re-setup of the repo. Now that I'm slowly redoing my changes, I just wanted to say that the batterybar merges without errors here. Haven't tried a test build with it yet, but atleast there were no errors when applying the patches.

Framework 1/2

Framework 2/2

CMParts 1/2

CMParts 2/2

Guest MidaMilunk

Sorry, I have finally found the way to edit the values! Thanks again!

So... if I decoded framework-res.apk, changed the value, and built the new apk from the modified "source"... How can I sign it?

Or shall I decode/edit/build the whole RAM, not only a single apk? I have found stg. on signing te apk files... Wouldn't it be a problem that the apk's are signed with different keys?

I know that practically all of the downloaded apk's are siged with different ones, but maybe the internal ones have more strict constraints.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest sm4tik

So... if I decoded framework-res.apk, changed the value, and built the new apk from the modified "source"... How can I sign it?

Or shall I decode/edit/build the whole RAM, not only a single apk? I have found stg. on signing te apk files... Wouldn't it be a problem that the apk's are signed with different keys?

I know that practically all of the downloaded apk's are siged with different ones, but maybe the internal ones have more strict constraints.

This seems like a pretty straight forward tutorial. The 'sign or not to sign' part has caused some headache here before. Sorry for not beeing that much more of help here, as I said I've not done this in a while.