[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest leripe

yeah lol.

Here's the situation:

If you have 7.2 RC1 with wifi on, then it sleeps but still drains battery a lot. Battery drain is fine at all other times.

With the rom from comment 11, wifi on during sleep crashes. Battery drain at all other times is untested.

Using the rom in comment 11 with kernel from 23 - if the phone boots up with wifi on, then during sleep its battery drain is fine so the original problem is fixed.

However a new issue has risen where if the wifi is off, it doesn't sleep at all.

Now here's where it might get confusing and difficult to explain:

If the wifi has been off at any point this boot, even if it is now back on, it also won't sleep.

Ignoring everything else you've read from me. Is the above clear? If so I'll post it back into comments.

so does it sleep if you booted up with wifi off? and/or does it sleep if you booted up with wifi on? <- answers to these questions could help also.(at the end of the summary)

Guest targetbsp

so does it sleep if you booted up with wifi off? and/or does it sleep if you booted up with wifi on? <- answers to these questions could help also.(at the end of the summary)

I think both of those are already covered in my post above?

"If the wifi has been off at any point this boot, even if it is now back on, it also won't sleep."

" if the phone boots up with wifi on, then during sleep its battery drain is fine"

I can type out every single condition of booting up with wifi on or off and then turning it on or off but I've already done that and that's what people are saying is confusing. There's a lot of ons and offs to keep track of throughout this. I don't really know how to make it less confusing. It's confusing, because it *is* confusing. :D

If someone that gets all the conditions can write it out in an easier to understand format I'd be more than grateful. English Lit was never my strong point at school. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Simono

It's sleep if booted with WiFi on and You don't switch WiFi on.

I use test build from comment 11 without fix to SOD and baterry life is fine, phone sleep OK. I set in Tasker to switch WiFi on while connecting to a charger and set WiFi off while disconnecting from charger and for me is OK until Tom fix sleeping in fix from comment 23.

Guest targetbsp

If you have 7.2 RC1 with wifi on, then it sleeps but still drains battery a lot. Battery drain is fine at all other times.

With the rom from comment 11, wifi on during sleep crashes. Battery drain at all other times is untested.

Using the rom in comment 11 with kernel from 23 - if the phone boots up with wifi on, then during sleep its battery drain is fine so the original problem is fixed.

However a new issue has risen where if the wifi is off, it doesn't sleep at all.

If the wifi has been off at any point this boot, even if it is now back on, it also won't sleep.

So to summarise all conditions in comment 11+23 rom:

If you boot up with it on, and leave it on, it sleeps.

If you boot up with it off and leave it off it won't sleep.

If you boot up with it on, and turn it off it won't sleep

If you boot up with it off, and turn it on, it won't sleep.

If you boot up with it on and turn it off and then later on, it still won't sleep

How's that? Does the extra list clarify things or make it more confusing?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest leripe

If you boot up with it on and turn it off and then later on, it still won't sleep

Now its very simple and understoodable. And yeh its sometimes damn hard to explain something in writing and even more harder if its not your native language :D

Edited by leripe

Guest targetbsp

Scarily, it is my native language. :D Well actually Maths is. :P

The problem is that in school the teacher said every day we can do maths before break and english after (from our text books) or vice versa as we please. I liked maths so I mostly did Maths before and after and no-one ever noticed lol. So I'm good at maths and not at English. :P

Guest leripe

Scarily, it is my native language. :D Well actually Maths is. :P

The problem is that in school the teacher said every day we can do maths before break and english after (from our text books) or vice versa as we please. I liked maths so I mostly did Maths before and after and no-one ever noticed lol. So I'm good at maths and not at English. :P

math as native language, well thats something new :D

Guest sej7278

i wonder where tom_g is getting that kernel from, its not the old gerrit patch9 one that went into rc1, but its not the newer github one with cpuspy/camera fixes. i'd abandon testing it, as he's not reported back, it was only supposed to be a test to see if new kernel and old wifi would fix things, in summary it seems to have made things much worse.

Guest aggregator

Hi,

I'm confused as hell regarding the newer CM7 builds :D

I know that the new source kernel and wifi driver have issues, so i don't even try that.

Question is: the older kernel will work with the RC1 builds?

Guest sej7278

Hi,

I know that the new source kernel and wifi driver have issues, so i don't even try that.

you mean the old new kernel or the new new kernel? or the old new kernel with the old wifi modules? or the new new new kernel with the old wifi modules? its not confusing at all :D

Guest aggregator

you mean the old new kernel or the new new kernel? or the old new kernel with the old wifi modules? or the new new new kernel with the old wifi modules? its not confusing at all :D

I mean the old source kernel (turies based, i think).

Guest youngsta2010

I think I may have found something (maybe not) I've noticed that my wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on RC1, just checked the logcat and it's showing the dhcp lease is 3600 seconds so it must be having to disconnect every hour to renew the lease. I'm not sure what decides how long the IP is leased for but it didn't do this on previous ROMs. It may be related to the wifi/battery issues.

Guest laraczech

Hello, have stupid noob question. Is possible lock icon "HOME" ? Every time i move finger and icon dissapear :o

Thank u for reply :o

Edited by laraczech

Guest Cata_Simi

Hi,

Yes it Works and is the best thing to do for now

sth a bit offtopic : I was annoyed by the fact that when I'm turning the screen off, youtube music stops plaiyng and I downgraded to version 2.2.14 now plays just fine with screen off, maybe someone find that usefull

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest targetbsp

yes you can

settings->CM settings->interface->led notifcations

and go from there

I don't think you can turn off the low battery one though can you?

Guest Decadence1

I don't think you can turn off the low battery one though can you?

Yeah, I can turn off the other LED notifications but not the low battery one.

Guest kingpair

Yeah, I can turn off the other LED notifications but not the low battery one.

That's always been an annoyance. You have to question the thinking behind it. 'The battery is already running low, lets deplete it further by activating a known battery hog to tell you that your phone's gonna die soon!' Whose smart idea was that?

Guest Cata_Simi

That's always been an annoyance. You have to question the thinking behind it. 'The battery is already running low, lets deplete it further by activating a known battery hog to tell you that your phone's gonna die soon!' Whose smart idea was that?

Yeah but this idea is really spread, I had a samsung phone which's display was turning on from 30 to 30 seconds with a popup message "you're phones batter is low"

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest sej7278

I think I may have found something (maybe not) I've noticed that my wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on RC1, just checked the logcat and it's showing the dhcp lease is 3600 seconds so it must be having to disconnect every hour to renew the lease. I'm not sure what decides how long the IP is leased for but it didn't do this on previous ROMs. It may be related to the wifi/battery issues.

i noticed that in some of the logcats on the issues tracker, dhcp requests and disconnect/reconnect all over the place, down to the new wifi module i guess.

Guest JMS74

Haha. I knew one of these was coming. I use my phone to receive push notifications on email, my IM client, whatsapp and facebook. I also have a bunch of medical apps installed most of which are constantly updating(I'm a med student with too much time on his hands ) . My wifi is switched on at work and at home and I use 3g for everything in between. And I've got a bunch of games from the market. If your definition of a smartphone is having needless apps using up precious bandwidth and battery life then more power to you. Besides these are the apps I have chosen to disable in response to another users query ; it certainly isn't a generic recommendation.

And as far as I know wbaw 's r4 is gsf Rom. This is a cm7 thread so go troll somewhere else.

LOL, i am just trying to help.. But your the man! LOL you can't be bothered..

I know it's a cm7 thread but the talk was mostly on battery and get wbaw r4 and see if it doesn't last 2 to 3 times longer.. It does last longer than the latest cm7 kernels at least without fixes.. And I bought a smartphone to get sync my online life. The apps you frooze don't allow that. And most people buy for similar reasons to mine

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4 PS.

Edited by JMS74