[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

if you have enough free data space (to allow for the fact that you'll be shrinking it by 30mb, so probably at least 70mb free data as droid seems to need low 30's minimum free) then you should be able to backup your rom in clockwork, tpt and restore it with no need to re-setup the phone and apps

Guest epyloxias

Link for gapps? (at 2nd post link isn't valid.) By the way I installed amphoras TPT v10a and playstore isn't installed (again). Shouldn't it be with the Rom or what???

Edited by epyloxias

Guest epyloxias

Unfortunately nothing happened again. No play store no nothing. I'm frustrated cause I know I did everything wright. But again, I don't know what to do...

Guest matcho13579

Unfortunately nothing happened again. No play store no nothing. I'm frustrated cause I know I did everything wright. But again, I don't know what to do...

try to format /system in CWM and then flash ROM and Gapps again (your apps will not be deleted)

Guest epyloxias

try to format /system in CWM and then flash ROM and Gapps again (your apps will not be deleted)

God bless you my friend. Everything works fine! Thanks a lot!!!!

Guest guedester

I have the weirdest problem. All of a sudden my phone doesn't seem to be able to receive some text messages.

It'll skip like every third message from the same sender or all of then.

Guest targetbsp

im running cm 7.2.0 and kernel 2.6.35.7-perf+tom@TomsComputer#93, is this the best kernel?

It's personally preference really. I find Sejs kernel better on the battery life and better with my router. Others find the CM7 kernel (which I presume is the one you have) better on the battery. Depends upon your usage.

Guest stanvladut

I have installed the Cyanogenmod 7.2 ROM and it's very fast, except the scrolling. Actually, the scrolling is worst. How can I improve the scrolling smoothness?

I have installed the Cyanogenmod 7.2 ROM and it's very fast, except the scrolling. Actually, the scrolling is worst. How can I improve the scrolling smoothness?

Try setting the scrolling cache to force disable

Guest Akash P
what's the best build for battery life ? newest nightly ? or RC3 ? maybe some other kernel ?

Has to be the new nightly (12 August) along with Sej's kernel.

Guest OmenHTX

Has to be the new nightly (12 August) along with Sej's kernel.

ok, i'm using this nightly + Sej's kernel. Maybe this battery drain is only my problem, cuz last 10 month's i wos using Xperia arc where battery life wos much better.

Guest mickeystar

can anyone tell me im using cm7.2 for last week but i prefer cm7.1

should i update tp cm9? (im not bothered about not working fm or hq youtube) is cm9 noticeably better in anyway to cm 7?

Guest targetbsp

It's no good if you're a gamer. Otherwise it's pretty decent (aside from the lack of FM and inability to playback video you've already mentioned)

Guest Akash P

ok, i'm using this nightly + Sej's kernel. Maybe this battery drain is only my problem, cuz last 10 month's i wos using Xperia arc where battery life wos much better.

The battery life gets better once you burn in the phone. Keep a regular checks on your background apps. I hardly see any battery drain when my phone is idle.

Guest mickeystar

It's no good if you're a gamer. Otherwise it's pretty decent (aside from the lack of FM and inability to playback video you've already mentioned)

do you mean cm9 is no good for gaming?

my problem with cm7.2 which ive only had for past week or so is many apps force close, sometimes when i unlock phone it takes a while for screen to appear and worse of all http://www.modaco.com/topic/356705-no-music-showing-up-or-picures-in-gallery/ music player stopped working

Guest Akash P

my problem with cm7.2 which ive only had for past week or so is many apps force close, sometimes when i unlock phone it takes a while for screen to appear and worse of all http://www.modaco.com/topic/356705-no-music-showing-up-or-picures-in-gallery/ music player stopped working

Looks like you need to do a complete wipe and reflash the ROM again. Are you sure you have enough space on your phone? Maybe re-partition it again and do a clean installation.

Never had any problems on CM 7.2 whatsoever in the past few months.

Guest targetbsp

Correct, CM9 itself uses too much ram and the memory management is in some way screwed up such that you have to reboot every few games as they run out of texture ram.

Guest targetbsp

my problem with cm7.2 which ive only had for past week or so is many apps force close, sometimes when i unlock phone it takes a while for screen to appear

Do you have a lot of apps using native Apps2sd? If so, switch to using Ext instead (I use s2e)

Guest mickeystar

Correct, CM9 itself uses too much ram and the memory management is in some way screwed up such that you have to reboot every few games as they run out of texture ram.

Looks like you need to do a complete wipe and reflash the ROM again. Are you sure you have enough space on your phone? Maybe re-partition it again and do a clean installation.

Never had any problems on CM 7.2 whatsoever in the past few months.

do you mean about not enough space on phone?i have lots of memory availabe. music player http://www.modaco.co...res-in-gallery/ it was working please read the link THIS IS MY MAIN CONCERN

by repartition how? what cache size etc, im noob

Do you have a lot of apps using native Apps2sd? If so, switch to using Ext instead (I use s2e)

i never used apps2sd?

Edited by mickeystar

cm10 has better memory management

anyway you can directly jump to Jb once it reaches to similar state as ICS