[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

check for a hidden file ".nomedia" in the root of the sdcard. If it exists delete it and all should be well.

Weird problem here: cant play music!

Uber player wont find any of my music on the sdcard.

If i try to browse the music files and play it with the Default Music app it force closes.

When browsing the files and open them with explorer app it plays correctly..

Anyone has a hint of what my be happening?

Guest James Horny

Does anyone use S2E on CM7?

I've just spent the past 24 hours with my phone not working and have narrowed it down to CWM backups of CM7 with S2E being junk when you restore them.

It's taken me ages to work this out. It reports random errors with the sd card, hangs restoring or if it succeeds, all the apps crash. So I was thinking SD card issues. I've spent the day formatting, testing and partitioning the sd card. Tried a different sd card. Tried different versions of clockworkmod. Different backup (but all too recent :( )

My CM10 backup with S2E is perfectly fine.

Anyway, seeing as I have no choice but to start my GB rom again, I'm going to try out the above suggested SSRLS7 and use its included DarkTremor instead for a while.

S2E working fine with CM7.2 stable version. Have'nt found any problems ever.

Guest targetbsp

Oh I spent hours repartitioning my SD cards. :D S2E works fine, it's my backups of it that don't. I'm beginning to suspect it might be a combination of CWM6's fancy space saving backup format when used in conjunction with 2 different roms both using S2E. Gonna test that theory today. Fun times. :D

Guest jesuita

check for a hidden file ".nomedia" in the root of the sdcard. If it exists delete it and all should be well.

Thanks, it worked flawlessly.

Dont know why the file was created but it really was there :)

Guest _Nuno_

Oh I spent hours repartitioning my SD cards. :D S2E works fine, it's my backups of it that don't. I'm beginning to suspect it might be a combination of CWM6's fancy space saving backup format when used in conjunction with 2 different roms both using S2E. Gonna test that theory today. Fun times. :D

S2E with the newest CWM recovery (6.0.1.1) seems to be working fine here. I had to restore a backup a few days ago and everything went perfectly smooth. The backup was made with 6.0.1.1 recovery.

I do have an intermittent problem: sometimes my phone hangs while charging. It seems to do that when the screen turns off. After resetting, the phone may enter a reboot loop. I can fix it (usually) by cleaning Dalvik cache.

I now try to charge the phone with the screen on. It seems to improve things and reduce crash frequency (not sure, though).

I've been using the latest builds from your site (thanks!).

Guest targetbsp

Yeah I've just proved that my CM10 and CM7 with S2E when backed up separately are fine. About to test if backed up together they screw up. If they do then I'll switch to the old backup format. If not then I guess somewhere along the line my Blobs folder got messed up on my previous backups.

I think I've just scrounged an SGS anyway so this will probably be irrelevant for me shortly!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest matcho13579
Hi guys

I have a question : What is the best CM7 (smooth, battery) ?

not sure, try the latest nightly or you can try Mokee OS, which looks great imo

Guest James Horny

Hi guys

I have a question : What is the best CM7 (smooth, battery) ?

CM7.2 stable is the most optimal in every way. Normal use time is abt. 70 hrs between loadings.

Guest Cata_Simi

I think I've just scrounged an SGS anyway so this will probably be irrelevant for me shortly!

nooooooo! I'm gonna stick to that phone at least another year, and most probable to cm7

Guest Cyclothunder

hey guys,

need some help. i have just installed the latest build with full wiping and noticed that the phone doesn't deep sleep. it awakes if i press the home button!

what can i do, reflash it?

Nevermind, just reboot it! And now it sleeps well :P

Edited by Cyclothunder

Guest rabaip

Hey guys, I'm sure this was asked before but could someone tell me how to make wifi NEVER sleep? I tried the option in advanced wifi settings (wifi sleep policy) set to never, I also tried giving it lots of coffee, still it turns off when screen is off. Help please

Edit: problem is present on both the 7.2stable and the latest nightly

Edited by rabaip

Guest Cyclothunder

Hey guys, I'm sure this was asked before but could someone tell me how to make wifi NEVER sleep? I tried the option in advanced wifi settings (wifi sleep policy) set to never, I also tried giving it lots of coffee, still it turns off when screen is off. Help please

Edit: problem is present on both the 7.2stable and the latest nightly

In my experience on gingerbread, (whatever rom), wifi stays connected while deep sleeping if you don't get out of range. Tthe phone won't reconnect while deep sleeping.

Only ICS or JB can properly reconnect wifi while in deep sleep.

i'm now on cm7.2 stable, but i need 2way call recording. Which modified kernel should i choose? I know most kang has this feature, but i recall some of those kernels had issues recording the caller... i also tried to look it up myself but the thread is getting pretty chaotic, 730-pages long...

thanks in advance

Guest ChainSOV

doesn't it have it by default?

I am using sej's kernel, which is linked in targetbsp's sig just a few posts above.

It records fine, but sometimes I get a reboot at the end of the call. Its an issue of the phone I think, because sometimes it just spits out my sd-card and doesn't want to remount it and it happened on other ROMs without call recording, but I have the feeling that the call recording triggers it sometime.

Edited by ChainSOV

gonna check it out and report back

btw, its not enabled by default. there is some kernel modification that needs to be done to enable 2-way call recording on cm builds... kangs usually have this "modified" kernel.

Edited by kogos

Guest TigTex

Looks like there's a partial wake_lock missing. I've been using the wifi hotspot and after 5 to 15 minutes, the phone sleeps and the hotspot goes offline (wifi disconnects), once I turn on the screen, it starts working.

Workaround: download wake lock - power management from playstore, force a partial wake lock.

Solution: implement a wake_lock when hotspot is on

changing wifi policy to never doesn't change anything