[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Chris_M
N31 has rotten battery life (1 day) because of the WLAN-not-sleeping, but what makes it worse is that although my WLAN stays active it does not stay connected.

If I wake my phone, I can see WLAN is enabled - but grey, and no amount of waiting makes it go green - I have to disable and re-enable WLAN for it to go green.

So I waste the battery for no benefit! I'd rather WLAn disabled itself and the phone slept if it can't maintain a connection

Grey means it IS connected - it's just not syncing your Google account data. If you go into your Gmail account and refresh, it will turn green.

If it wasn't connected, you wouldn't see the wireless icon at all.

Guest LordKickapoo
Grey means it IS connected - it's just not syncing your Google account data. If you go into your Gmail account and refresh, it will turn green.

If it wasn't connected, you wouldn't see the wireless icon at all.

Theres three colors: grey, white and green....doesnt grey mean that its trying to connect to wifi and white that its connected

Edited by LordKickapoo

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Theres three colors: grey, white and green....doesnt grey mean that its trying to connect to wifi and white that its connected

If wifi is on, the icon appears, whether or not it is connected. When it is disconnected, the icon is grey and washed out. If it is connected the icon is either green or grey and some of the bars turn a darker shade of green/grey depending on signal strength. Many users including me have reported that our phones do not sleep on N31 with wifi on and that that battery drains very fast when wifi is on.

Guest simonckenyon
I guess it would be nice to remove gapps from instructions, as it is not needed anymore.

why do you say they are not needed. i install them every time i upgrade the rom and all is well.

by that i mean that all the apps get installed and they work.

i do NOT do this business with signing in with wifi and instead use 3g.

i wipe the cache only. wiping the dalvik cache makes no sense to me.

Guest simonckenyon

i have the wifi issue.

it will not connect to my lan on wakeup.

if i do it manually it connects in a second.

have always had this issue with CM7

Edited by simonckenyon

Guest dibbles
The cm7 update script backs up your gapps even if you wipe. Format storage first then no gapps.

...ah that is what was happening. Thanks for that.

Guest hecatae
- Animation when pushing pwr button isn't working anymore (top major priority, i know...)

have you ticked for this to be working in settings, as I dont have that issue, mine works fine

Guest dibbles

Out of curiosity when I read the first page and follow the link for the bug tracker in the 2nd post why is it that I can't find any reported issues of the GPS causing the issue that I have got..? That is the phone will switch off a few minutes after using it. Whilst I can find other GPS issues noted is mine unique to me or do others experience it also with their blade..?

Guest supermies123

Automatic Brightness isn't working well in N31 for me. Sometimes it works but sometimes not.

Should I use Normal settings automatic brightness or CyanogenMod settings? Or both?

Guest reluctant_traveller
Out of curiosity when I read the first page and follow the link for the bug tracker in the 2nd post why is it that I can't find any reported issues of the GPS causing the issue that I have got..? That is the phone will switch off a few minutes after using it. Whilst I can find other GPS issues noted is mine unique to me or do others experience it also with their blade..?

Because we are not allowed to submit bug reports for nightlies, and the problem didn't exist in RC2 (as far as I am aware) :D

Guest taine0

Installed cryogen mod for the first time, been following this thread and the errors it currently has. I'm on nightly 31 and can't seem to get the USB to mount to my computer, I'm sure I read that this got fixed. Is there a fix for it? So far it's been great, but if I can't transfer files, I have to revert back!

Thanks

Guest dibbles
Because we are not allowed to submit bug reports for nightlies, and the problem didn't exist in RC2 (as far as I am aware) :D

I wasn't aware of not being able to submit bug reports for nightlies. That would explain why I can't find anything related to the problem I'm having. As I never tried RC2 I would not be sure whether that had the issue or not.

Thanks for letting me know.

exactly ten devices got RC3 last night and,exactly ten devices did not get RC3,

maybe next ten will be tonight,

just a thought

edit: 11 have RC3 now

Anyway it will get to us when buid bot says so

probally taking a lunch break,bowl of six inch nails and a cup of oil.

Edited by Guest

Guest hecatae
offtopic:

What's the difference of nighlty's for the release candidate?

you can report bugs on release candidates, you cant on nightlys

Guest yannye
Installed cryogen mod for the first time, been following this thread and the errors it currently has. I'm on nightly 31 and can't seem to get the USB to mount to my computer, I'm sure I read that this got fixed. Is there a fix for it? So far it's been great, but if I can't transfer files, I have to revert back!

Thanks

Same here. What's happening?

Guest jurrasstoil
New version of LauncherPro is out, and homescreen is muuuuch smoother now :D

still far from perfect :D homescreen and the appdrawer itself feel a little smoother than ADW, but opening/closing the appdrawer and scrolling through the widgetlist are still quite jerky - not sure if thats to blame on LP tho.

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest taine0
Same here. What's happening?

I fixed it by cancelling the hardware installation windows XP wanted to do, when i unplugged the usb and back it, it came up with APB push things, etc. Cancelled them and i was able to mount through my phone.

Guest gusthy
why do you say they are not needed. i install them every time i upgrade the rom and all is well.

by that i mean that all the apps get installed and they work.

i do NOT do this business with signing in with wifi and instead use 3g.

i wipe the cache only. wiping the dalvik cache makes no sense to me.

Just because they are not needed :D

When you install CM7 and first click on Market, it asks which apps (GMail, Maps, Search etc.) you want to download from Market. And the ones it downloads are the newest versions.

I never install gapps, and it causes no problem.

Guest targetbsp
Just because they are not needed :D

When you install CM7 and first click on Market, it asks which apps (GMail, Maps, Search etc.) you want to download from Market. And the ones it downloads are the newest versions.

I never install gapps, and it causes no problem.

That makes no sense. The market IS a gapp. :( You're taking advantage of the aforementioned update script presumably and so it's not correct to say you don't need gapps but more to say you may not need it if doing an udpate. Though I seem to - but I'm awkward like that. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Ok, so simply I don't get what's going on with my phone. Battery has dropped down to 56% again this night. Despite the fact, that the phone is in deep sleep mode, because no reaction of any button but power a few seconds the screen goes dark. In the last 11 hours the battery lost about 30%. The main cause for partial wake seems to be Android system with 4m 52s, Google Services with 4m 14 and Telefon with 1m 42s. So, nothing really suspicious, if you ask me. I charge the phone again fully and start from scratch, I think. Or I revert back to SSr2 and wait for another Nightly, RC or stable and keep my hopes up.

I guess Nightly 31 ist not quite RC3, but my phone acts like normal again. I lost 6% battery the last seven hours, with two hours use of music player. WIFI is still messed up. ADW EX with preset to fast is actually fast. Fast enough for me and my appdrawer settings five columns x five rows in portrait mode. I'm quite happy again with CNM7.