[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest simonckenyon
Why ain't the majority of CM flashers complaining about this wifi problem?

i raised the bug in the first place. on a nightly as it happens (naughty me).

but it persists on all versions (including stable) so no big deal.

it just takes one of the devs to be able to reproduce it and it will get fixed quick enough.

i used to think it was a kernel bug, but i'm not so sure any more.

it looks like the framework just ignores events from networks that are configured.

it is not a show stopper. all you have to do is start wifi from the taskbar. takes all of two seconds.

Ok, moving a bit away from the previous posts: CM7 is awesome! :unsure:

I can't seem to download an MMS.

My apns are correctly configured and I can send them. But it seems stuck trying to download a large MMS.

Perusing the logcat I find:

E/RetrieveTransaction( 1235): java.lang.RuntimeException: Value length > LENGTH_QUOTE!

Any ideas?

Guest popoyaya

A few other bugs I've noticed lately:

Can't connect to an ad-hoc network over wifi, eg if you want to access the internet using your laptop's connection.

The music player can't play most FLACs I've thrown at it.

Gallery sometimes blanks the screen when enlarging photos.

Guest alwyn

I'am on N67 and I've still got the WiFi bug, it kicks off after stanby, it works fine as long as you disable and reenable it.

Guest KACE_231

Out of curiosity what exactly is the WiFi bug that everyone is talking about so I can check

Also where can I download "flashlite" that supposedly allow me to use bbciplayer?

Accelerometer for me is still not working properly (i.e. laggy)

GPS and charging bug are fixed for me, no reboots

Using CM7 n67

Thanks

Edited by KACE_231

Guest skull_fcuk
Ok, moving a bit away from the previous posts: CM7 is awesome! :unsure:

I can't seem to download an MMS.

My apns are correctly configured and I can send them. But it seems stuck trying to download a large MMS.

Perusing the logcat I find:

Any ideas?

Check your MMS proxy ip addy. im on vodafone, and couldnt handle MMS until i checked the addy. i had 212.183.137.12, i should've had 212.183.137.012

Hope that helps. :)

Guest dadashi
Out of curiosity what exactly is the WiFi bug that everyone is talking about so I can check

Also where can I download "flashlite" that supposedly allow me to use bbciplayer?

Accelerometer for me is still not working properly (i.e. laggy)

GPS and charging bug are fixed for me, no reboots

Using CM7 n67

Thanks

I installed the N67 and it fixed the charging crash bug....

"Flashlite" only works in 2.1 eclair, you can open any flash website including yutube, xxxtube, etc...and bbc-iplayer, catchup, 4OD, channel5, etc... all work...

And whoever say flash is finished and we don't need it is bonkers....

Guest ms20

Nightly 71 is broken on my AMOLED Blade, it boots but the lockscreen is in landscape and there are no numbers in the password enter screen.

Guest yamahaxjr
Nightly 71 is broken on my AMOLED Blade, it boots but the lockscreen is in landscape and there are no numbers in the password enter screen.

Same problem for me in LCD

Edited by yamahaxjr

Guest Drem

Same problem for me in LCD

And on my LCD. Have tried both LaucherPro (free) and ADW.Launcher. I even tried allowing LauncherPro to rotate the screen using the acelerometer, but this didn't work.

if we get a patch to fix this, is there any chance the new sensor patch could be included in it, as I'm heading to Snowdon tonight, and could really do with it!

Thanks for all the work people have done on this, loving the ROM, until now, but even this is livable with :unsure:

Guest lordofangels
BTW i think next nightly will fix the sensors!

Def will, the patch has been merged, so it's in the next nightly, 72?

Guest Drem

I was really hoping that someone would create a patch that could be applied over N71 :unsure:

I'd do it, but I'm not sure how to fix the screen issue (not looked at coding for ages, been to busy), and I'm unsure as how one would go about folding the sensor changes into a personal build. If someone could point me at how to do this, I'd be more than happy to sort it out. Its more a lack of knowledge, than a lack of will.

I'll live if it can't be done by anyone. I do appreciate that most people are quite busy :)

Guest sej7278

I was really hoping that someone would create a patch that could be applied over N71 :unsure:

I'd do it, but I'm not sure how to fix the screen issue (not looked at coding for ages, been to busy), and I'm unsure as how one would go about folding the sensor changes into a personal build. If someone could point me at how to do this, I'd be more than happy to sort it out. Its more a lack of knowledge, than a lack of will.

I'll live if it can't be done by anyone. I do appreciate that most people are quite busy :)

your best bet is just to flash back to n67, you'll have loudspeaker hiss (libaudio.so) but working sensors.

otherwise n72 will have both fixes in it.

screen issue is worrying though - we're assuming the new sensors lib will fix it, but that was never seen in n68-70 so may be something else - maybe this fix broke something - "Home screen doesn't display with proper orientation when the device starts up with slide-open." sounds like it could be the culprit even though we don't have a hardware keyboard.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Drem
your best bet is just to flash back to n67, you'll have loudspeaker hiss (libaudio.so) but working sensors.

otherwise n72 will have both fixes in it.

mmm, yes, but isn't it on a diffrent kernel update, so would require loosing apps too? I'm already out of wifi range, so grabbing my apps back is now costly. I could I suppose run with a reduced set, but that wouldn't be ideal.

screen issue is worrying though - we're assuming the new sensors lib will fix it, but that was never seen in n68-70 so may be something else - maybe this fix broke something - "Home screen doesn't display with proper orientation when the device starts up with slide-open." sounds like it could be the culprit even though we don't have a hardware keyboard.

something looks odd with lines 555 and 745, they went from

i) result = (device->*getStateFunc)(sourceMask, code);

to

ii) int32_t state = (device->*getStateFunc)(sourceMask, code);

and

i) result = (mapper->*getStateFunc)(sourceMask, code);

to

ii) int32_t state = (mapper->*getStateFunc)(sourceMask, code);

its mostly the "int32_t state" that makes me suspicious, as surely initaliasation should be elsewhere, but I've not driven into coding for Android as I said, so I could be completly up the wrong tree.

Guest eucurto

To all Portuguese users:

Does the Portuguese (Portugal) language is corrected? Before N55 the Portuguese (Portugal) was Portuguese (Brasilian)... If it is not corrected i think it should be reported.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Malta de Tugaland:

O português de Portugal estava todo em Brasileiro. Isto já está corrigido? Se não está, alguém pode ou sabe como se reporta para ser corrigido?

Guest Grain
mmm, yes, but isn't it on a diffrent kernel update, so would require loosing apps too?

What makes you think Apps have a direct dependency on the kernel? For 99.9% of available apps that's certainly not the case. You can even keep apps when switching Android versions. The only problem is Android system settings which should not be copied between Android versions.

FAQ: How to keep data and apps when changing firmwares?

Guest sej7278
What makes you think Apps have a direct dependency on the kernel? For 99.9% of available apps that's certainly not the case. You can even keep apps when switching Android versions. The only problem is Android system settings which should not be copied between Android versions.

and it wasn't really a different kernel anyway - just some new build flags for 2.6.32 (not like it went to 2.6.35 or anything) and n67 is still "CM 7.1.0 RC0" with 2.3.4 api like n71

i'm sticking with n67+libaudio.so patch until at least n73 lol

Edited by sej7278

Guest Jean85
Just a quick query..

I have my new phone with Gen1, Android 2.1

Is the direct way to N71

1. Using TPT to Gen2 -> http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-easy-install/

2. Directly apply N71 Rom

Is this the quick way or should i flash to a stable CM7 first and then move smoothly to N71?

thanks in advance

That is the quick way, but N71 seems to be broken. Use N67 or previous; to know why, read previous posts.

Guest Jean85
compile n71 myself include the lastest lib patch.

but the screen could not rotate.

So probably the fix about slide is the real cause that's screwing with us :| f***!