[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I have a ZTE Blade, and never had issues with the proximity censor in any of the many ROMs i've used, except maybe for a little delay in a couple of ROMs. I'll follow your advice and wait for p4, the sensor bug is not that bad.

try p3+2 as it has new default values for proximity.

but its weird you're seeing a bug that was fixed in patch3 (before the pluses even) did you wipe dalvik at least?

if you calibrated in an earlier build, you'll need to calibrate again, or as a last resort try wiping data - especially if you've tried lots of roms.

yeah, have autorefresh on your download page :-D

Im from czech rep. I didnt use download manager

mwahaha, i've got your ip :D

my builds are really popular in france it seems, thankfully frandroid has stopped direct linking

anyone with a focaltech touchscreen tried it? what about openvpn tunnellers?

what about faster boot times? mine's around 36secs, so 10% faster than 2.6.32 now.

Edited by sej7278

Your work is greatly appreciated ...:rolleyes:

where you at mousses - anywhere near limoges?

and i must again point out, its mostly tom_g's work, i'm just compiling/patching and providing a bit of bandwidth. really don't want tom_g feeling under-appreciated.

Edited by sej7278

Guest LorianNod

mwahaha, i've got your ip :D

my builds are really popular in france it seems, thankfully frandroid has stopped direct linking

what about faster boot times? mine's around 36secs, so 10% faster than 2.6.32 now.

I didn't time it but it's noticeably quicker booting now, and it does indeed fix the restart of the animation.

One thing I have notice since using the new kernel is that sometimes mounting the SD card when the phone is connected via usb cable can take a long as maybe a minute. it used to be nearly instant.

Edited by LorianNod

Guest frenchdroid

where you at mousses - anywhere near limoges ?

Hi sej and everyone

I'm near Limoges (Brit in France like you, sej). Does this mean I qualify for a bit of extra help tongue.gif ??

I am trying to sort out my daughters constantly rebooting Blade which is on a way old Gen2 CM7. I used to read this thread all the time and needless to say, coming back to it after a couple of months, I'm lost. I just saw a link to and talk of the sej's compiled 3 plus 2 thingy, so thought I'd go for that.

Can I just download this to the SD and install like normal CM7 downloads ? Is there anything special I need to know about it using it or anything I need to do.

Thanks in advance

I didn't time it but it's noticeably quicker booting now, and it does indeed fix the restart of the animation.

One thing I have notice since using the new kernel is that sometimes mounting the SD card when the phone is connected via usb cable can take a long as maybe a minute. it used to be nearly instant.

by "this kernel" do you mean 2.6.35 in general, or specifically patch3+2 ?

i've noticed its generally pretty slow in 2.6.35 in general (not like a minute, maybe 20secs) and also when you eject the usb device from linux it mounts it straight away on the phone without you having to press the orange "turn off usb mass storage" android button. we had that issue with 2.6.32 not so long ago when tom_g was cleaning up something.

i've just had a gps reboot with google maps, i reproduced it on the next boot exactly the same way - wifi and gps on, load maps, click the top right icon (switches from pointing north to pointing the way you are facing). but then on the next reboot i loaded the igo8 gps app and it worked fine, then maps worked fine too. i rebooted intentionally and tried to reproduce the issue with maps again and couldn't. so its like google maps is doing something bad with the gps, which igo8 is fixing.......

Hi sej and everyone

I'm near Limoges (Brit in France like you, sej). Does this mean I qualify for a bit of extra help tongue.gif ??

I am trying to sort out my daughters constantly rebooting Blade which is on a way old Gen2 CM7. I used to read this thread all the time and needless to say, coming back to it after a couple of months, I'm lost. I just saw a link to and talk of the sej's compiled 3 plus 2 thingy, so thought I'd go for that.

Can I just download this to the SD and install like normal CM7 downloads ? Is there anything special I need to know about it using it or anything I need to do.

Thanks in advance

i'm not in france at the moment, i'm "enjoying" the english weather, so you don't qualify lol :D

if its a gen2 that's already run cm7 then yes just flash it from the sdcard, do a dalvik wipe, shouldn't really need to wipe data - although if you're having reboot issues it might be worth it (make sure to do a nandroid backup from rommanager first).

only thing to note is that you'll have to calibrate the proximity sensor (well you might not with p3+2 as it has better defaults) using the zte blade settings app which will appear in your apps drawer.

Edited by sej7278

Guest frenchdroid

i'm not in france at the moment, i'm "enjoying" the english weather, so you don't qualify lol :D

if its a gen2 that's already run cm7 then yes just flash it from the sdcard, do a dalvik wipe, shouldn't really need to wipe data - although if you're having reboot issues it might be worth it (make sure to do a nandroid backup from rommanager first).

only thing to note is that you'll have to calibrate the proximity sensor (well you might not with p3+2 as it has better defaults) using the zte blade settings app which will appear in your apps drawer.

Great - thats very helpful. Thanks a lot.

Guest LorianNod

by "this kernel" do you mean 2.6.35 in general, or specifically patch3+2 ?

i've noticed its generally pretty slow in 2.6.35 in general (not like a minute, maybe 20secs) and also when you eject the usb device from linux it mounts it straight away on the phone without you having to press the orange "turn off usb mass storage" android button. we had that issue with 2.6.32 not so long ago when tom_g was cleaning up something.

i've just had a gps reboot with google maps, i reproduced it on the next boot exactly the same way - wifi and gps on, load maps, click the top right icon (switches from pointing north to pointing the way you are facing)...

I've only noticed it since using 2.6.35. Certainly since patchset 2, but quite possibly since vanilla 2.6.35 without noticing.

I'm using windows 7. it can be a minute or more from taping the icon on the phone to mount the SD card before it actually happens.

With GPS I'm getting no reboots, but I'm still flashing in the old GPS fix over the top of your latest images and it seems to work fine. Tried to reproduce using your method above, and no reboot. I know mixing code from the older version is a no-no, but if it works...

I've only noticed it since using 2.6.35. Certainly since patchset 2, but quite possibly since vanilla 2.6.35 without noticing.

I'm using windows 7. it can be a minute or more from taping the icon on the phone to mount the SD card before it actually happens.

sounds like more of a windows7 problem then, you probably need to reinstall windows, update usb drivers or reboot a few times or something :D

seriously though, i've never seen anything more than 30secs on linux. you sure your sdcard isn't on the way out? have you got a 2.6.32 nandroid you could roll back to to test with?

I just tested mounting the sdcard and it still was almost instant here. Also, I had to manually unmount it on the phone after unmounting it in a linux terminal. This is how it was before also. Seems a bit odd when things like these behave differently? I'm currently on a build with commits up to "Revert "blade: Add USB accessory support"" and a self-compiled kernel from Tom's github.

try p3+2 as it has new default values for proximity.

but its weird you're seeing a bug that was fixed in patch3 (before the pluses even) did you wipe dalvik at least?

if you calibrated in an earlier build, you'll need to calibrate again, or as a last resort try wiping data - especially if you've tried lots of roms.

I always wipe everything so it isn't from there, and yes i tried to calibrate it in this ROM and it does nothing. I'll try p3+2 when i have the time for it, then i'll get back to you.

Again thanks.

Edited by Maleiro

I just tried plus2 and openvpn finally works. Thanks for the effort of recompiling the kernel and thanks to Tom G for adding the tun again.

I just tested mounting the sdcard and it still was almost instant here. Also, I had to manually unmount it on the phone after unmounting it in a linux terminal. This is how it was before also. Seems a bit odd when things like these behave differently? I'm currently on a build with commits up to "Revert "blade: Add USB accessory support"" and a self-compiled kernel from Tom's github.

as before, there's a difference between gnome's "safely remove drive" which i guess calls sync+umount like you did, and "eject device" which i guess just calls eject (akin to just pulling the cable!) i only use eject these days as i get some weird dbus error on debian/fedora about the device not being found.

its not a new issue, but i think it was fixed in 2.6.32 so that both methods still required pressing the orange android to remount the sdcard on the phone. its not related to the revert as that revert is for code that didn't do anything in the first place.

Edited by sej7278

as before, there's a difference between gnome's "safely remove drive" which i guess calls sync+umount like you did, and "eject device" which i guess just calls eject (akin to just pulling the cable!) i only use eject these days as i get some weird dbus error on debian/fedora about the device not being found.

its not a new issue, but i think it was fixed in 2.6.32 so that both methods still required pressing the orange android to remount the sdcard on the phone. its not related to the revert as that revert is for code that didn't do anything in the first place.

I see. Eject skipepd the "turn off usb storage", umount requires it. And yes I know the revert had nothing to do with it, it was just to say it's the latest commit in my build :)

I see. Eject skipepd the "turn off usb storage", umount requires it. And yes I know the revert had nothing to do with it, it was just to say it's the latest commit in my build :)

same commit level as my p3+2

i just tried a few different options:

1. "eject" from the console or gnome skips straight to the green android, its the equivalent of pulling the cable.

2. "umount" from the console and "safely remove drive" from gnome, just unmounts the filesystem, the device is still listed as plugged in until you click the orange android.

its takes 9-10secs to mount by the way, not over a minute as the win7 guy said above.

if i use "safely remove drive" i get this error on debian/fedora, which seems to be pretty common, a linux not cm7 issue (gvfs or dbus probably) but the reason i'm currently using eject:

Error detaching: helper exited with exit code 1: Detaching device /dev/sde

USB device: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb2/2-2)

SYNCHRONIZE CACHE: OK

STOP UNIT: FAILED: No such file or directory

Edited by sej7278

Guest LorianNod

Ok don't think the long SD mount time when tethered is related to the new kernel. It's because I've moved a couple of very large apps on to the SD and looking in logcat it seems its the loading and unloading of these that is taking the time. guess it makes sense.

That sounds like exactly the problem described in that revert. Only AVRCP 1.3 devices are effected and I don't have any so can't test. Do you know if your car kit uses AVRCP 1.3.

I'm afraid I don't know for sure but from Google it appears as though it might, it a VW RCD 510.

Just checking, did you run it as root? As in

$ su

# echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment

It gives a "permission denied" error if run as user, so I guess you would've seen it.

No I did not & yes that's exactly what I saw :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pointer I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Cheers, Paul

Official nightly N199 is out :)

Change log is long :)

Downloading

cm_blade_full-199.zip

md5sum: 629c70863528266005545049f5b7b8c6

Edit:

File with ROM is smaller then N179 for about 4MB.

Phone don't ask for PIN Code and of course I can't make calls.

I back to N179 :(

Edited by Simono

Official nightly N199 is out :)

Change log is long :)

Downloading

cm_blade_full-199.zip

md5sum: 629c70863528266005545049f5b7b8c6

File with ROM is smaller then N179 for about 4MB.

Phone don't ask for PIN Code and of cource I can't make calls.

I installed it earlier, 'no carrier' & I don't have a sim pin set up or anything. I think this build must be broken. No bluetooth either. IMEI unknown & no other phone info.

Edited by wbaw

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Strange bug here with p3 plus2 from Sej. Just upgrading from 179 p3 plus, I cannot see my contacts, cannot add any google account anymore. I've tried full wipe (data, cache, dalvik) with no luck. I can only add an exchange account.blink.gif

And I think this p3+2 drain little more battery on my blade, don't know why.

Really weird, I'll try to go back to simple patched 3 n179.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Strange bug here with p3 plus2 from Sej. Just upgrading from 179 p3 plus, I cannot see my contacts, cannot add any google account anymore. I've tried full wipe (data, cache, dalvik) with no luck. I can only add an exchange account.blink.gif

And I think this p3+2 drain little more battery on my blade, don't know why.

Really weird, I'll try to go back to simple patched 3 n179.

sounds like you need to flash gapps.

looks like they bodged n199 in a rush to get RC2 out the door before n200.

Edited by sej7278