[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

WISHLIST: ZTE DIALER FOR CM7

The ZTE Dialer, which displays my contact groups, based on those Google contacts tagged as "My Contacts".

Have a look at Touchpal Dialer, there is an All Contacts and My Contacts option under the Contact tab

Guest hugobosslives

Please make update package for N223 what include SoftButton, MIUI Battery, and the NEW CPU Grovenor. PLEASE

mate, (not in a harsh way) learn how to compile for yourself. It's not that hard and it's actually quite fun when your learning how to do it for the first time.

here's a good guide to get you started: http://wiki.cyanogen...ogenMod_(Linux)

you will need to set up linux on your laptop (either in a virtual box inside windows 7, or create a dual boot partition on your hard disk [as i do]) just search how to do this on google. It's easy, plus linux distro's are super cool to play around on. Personally i recommend fedora [tho i'm sure people will disagree and say ubuntu is the best] EDIT: if your just guna use linux to compile cm7 use ubuntu

happy compiling :)

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest PhenomHTX

what wallpaper resolution in need for cmn ? cuz somethink is wrong, my wallpapers are cut and zoomed when i use 960*400 or 800*400

OK i got it ... 960*800

Edited by PhenomHTX

Guest jackal-sk

Softbuttons?

A second question that interests me is at which speed you people are running your Blade. Not sure if I should start a seperate thread about that or if its fit here. I'm running at 672MHz and if I get any higher than my device will freeze sooner or later. But looks like many people go up to >800MHz. Is there anything I can do to increase this peak-peformance or is this just depending on my specific hardware. Actually I'm fine with my 672 but some times when playing angry birds while connected to a charger a profile with 800MHz might be cool :)

Can you tell any difference between default 604 and 672 MHz ? In GUI or apps or a certain game ?

Guest julianpaul

+1 for zte dialer in cm7. since it's a proper build for the blade, they should have it atleast as an option. any way of getting it onto existing cm7 builds?

also, does ambient room temperature make a difference to how far the cpu can be overclocked? or does it only have a minimal impact, and mostly depend on the individual chip?

Guest Juicycrumpets

Hi how smooth is CM7 on the San Fran right now?

Im currently on Ginger Stir Fry b27 (now a dead rom) which is VERY smooth but thats because it lacks options and features

I would like to come back to cm7 but not sure if i want to sacrifice the smoothness or has cm7 become smoother since i last had it (last build i had was 7.0.0)

Guest targetbsp

I would like to come back to cm7 but not sure if i want to sacrifice the smoothness or has cm7 become smoother since i last had it (last build i had was 7.0.0)

Yes, it now uses 16 bit transparencies like GSF.

mate, (not in a harsh way) learn how to compile for yourself. It's not that hard and it's actually quite fun when your learning how to do it for the first time.

I'm not so sure I agree. True that it's not hard as such, but the instructions are not entirely step by step. They assume a certain level of Linux knowledge a Windows user doesn't have. I spent a lot of time looking up why things weren't going to plan in google! But yeah, it is pretty cool when you actually get there. :D

+1 for zte dialer in cm7. since it's a proper build for the blade, they should have it atleast as an option. any way of getting it onto existing cm7 builds?

also, does ambient room temperature make a difference to how far the cpu can be overclocked? or does it only have a minimal impact, and mostly depend on the individual chip?

I can't see the dialler being likely in an official CM7. CM7 is for a lot of different phones and I would imagine they want to keep as much as possible generic. Besides which the ZTE dialler has its share of issues! The ambient temp isn't going to have much/any effect on your ability to OC.

Edited by targetbsp

Alright after much fiddling, these are the settings necessary to have auto-brightness working correctly.

http://android.modac...y/page__st__398

I noticed this is a long-standing problem. It is kinda disappointing that it doesn't work 'out of the box' but hey..

People keep posting that link but I haven't got the foggiest what I am supposed to do with them figures.

Go to Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Display > Automatic Backlight > Tick on "Use Custom", then "Edit other levels...."

Default Light Sensor Levels Vs Custom Light Sensor Levels

CM_-_Default_Light_Sensor_Levels.pngCM_-_Custom_Light_Sensor_Levels.png

Edited by wakaru

Guest hugobosslives

I'm not so sure I agree. True that it's not hard as such, but the instructions are not entirely step by step. They assume a certain level of Linux knowledge a Windows user doesn't have. I spent a lot of time looking up why things weren't going to plan in google!

That's the fun bit :D

haha. i agree you have to learn some stuff, it's not just following that linked page's instructions. but I started with no linux knowledge (being windows only before) and did a bit of online reading into what linux is and how to use it. Didn't take me too long to work out the major differences between it and windows. I played around with it on my laptop for a couple weeks before doing anything android related on it (i guess i learnt alot during this time) as i didn't find the build too hard (following online guides)

you get sooo much satisfaction tho when you get your first build that boots :)

Guest Carbonize

Go to Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Display > Automatic Backlight > Tick on "Use Custom", then "Edit other levels...."

Already been answered by others and I posted here.

Edited by Carbonize

A couple of findigs on automatic brightness levels.

The brightness increases/decreases in steps of 10, so using 120 and 129 will result in same brighness.

If "Screen dim level" is set under 20, you'll get one more step downwards in the scale. (dont go under 12, or the the light will go off!). After you set the dim level, go to "Edit other levels" and set the minimum screen level to something <20.

Oh, and leds are an on/off thing, so 1 is the same as 255.

I still would like to see some documentation on Light sensor filter tweaking. I think I've got it sorted, but it's still a bit of a blur..

Guest targetbsp

I think it might depend on the screen type. On my OLED 31 is minimum brightness and it doesn't go up in 10's. Nor does it change up at nice round binary numbers for those that have spotted what 31 is one less than. ;) This is probably why there's no ideal settings to keep everyone happy and why it can't easily be documented. :D

Can someone help me with this??? i have upgraded both mine and the wifes phones with the new CM7, BUT my wifes phone every now and again sends a message to a different contact or usually facebook!!!.

Anyone got some advice

Thanks

Guest Picazsoo

True... it looks like this is my problem... I have no idea why before nightly 210 my battery goes from 100 to 0 in 6-7 days and now it only lasts 1 day unless I disable radio network (airplane mode). The radio firmware is the same since I have this blade...

oh well... :(

Sorry to hear that - from what I understand it is actually caused by an incorrect setup of the service provider - nothing you can do about it??

Guest Carbonize

Anyone else had a problem with the Facebook app not remembering it's sync settings? I keep setting it to Sync only existing contacts but it reverts back to don't sync after reboot. Possibly an issue with the app it's self given how crap it is generally.

Guest targetbsp

I know i have seen the setting to turn off usb charging but now i cant find it in the menu does anybody know where it is hidden?

Cheers

It's in the ZTE Blade Settings App (or entry under settings if running Sej version)

Guest Picazsoo

I know i have seen the setting to turn off usb charging but now i cant find it in the menu does anybody know where it is hidden?

Cheers

I recall seing it in the ZTE Settings app. The one where you go to calibrate the proximity sensor.

I was obviously too slow - Targetbsp - you win (-:

Edited by Picazsoo

Guest snowbord

Ok the backlight values have been entered, but I am not getting the phone to step through the various brightnesses. It either goes bright with the sensor value in the hundreds of thousands (2621400), or more often, is stuck at -1 or 0. No stepping occurs inbetween.

I have the standard auto brightness set to on (otherwise nothing happens - it just does not work) as well as the CM7 auto brightness settings, obviously. Am I missing something?

Edited by snowbord

Guest downloader50

I recall seing it in the ZTE Settings app. The one where you go to calibrate the proximity sensor.

I was obviously too slow - Targetbsp - you win (-:

Thanks lads

Guest Picazsoo

BTW: Has anyone tried using a bluetooth mouse with the phone? I managed to connect my Dell bluetooth travel mouse right now and boy - does it look funny when the little cursor starts moving across the screen - really cool though!!

Guest Watashi_PT

Hello,

Does someone have the HTC IME MOD working good in this rom?

When i mean good i want to say without clear of the dictionary everytime the phone goes off...

Thanks

hi!i am watching this thread since it had 10 pages xD , i would like to ask.... should i update to 7.1 (not sej's) or wait until the led lib release fix?