[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest The Soup Thief
Which brings me to my next point. First post more usable for those with smaller screens, full fat version easily accessed though tabs :D

Now that's a tasty meatball!

Nice one Victor - dat's voisatile!

Guest jayhix

my phone screen hasnt woke up like four or five times today. really annoying having to rip batt out all the time, it appears random. do we know what causes this and what prevents it? cuz ive tried switching governers and still have the same problem..

Guest chimas
my phone screen hasnt woke up like four or five times today. really annoying having to rip batt out all the time, it appears random. do we know what causes this and what prevents it? cuz ive tried switching governers and still have the same problem..

need more info. like what build you are using and that sort of things.

Guest Rotmann
Damn , No N31 , the third night waiting for updates , i think i should sleep to get another update

Keep on waiting. Maybe you will prevail.

I have massive battery drain issues with ADW Launcher EX and CM7 N25 or N28. Is there some option or pref preventing this? I mean, seriously, overnight, without sync, mobile data or wifi, battery drops from 100% down to 78%. My battery lasts barely a working day from 7am to 6pm. With Gingerbread Launcher by Eugene everything goes back to normal, battery lasts at least 2 working days.

Any suggestions?

No problems here with N28 and ADW EX. What does Spare Parts say at "Partial wake"?

Has anyone got to the bottom of the LED notification light staying on. Granted it's not a major issue but it's an annoyance. Seems to be entirely random. Mostly the LED notification will work as it should but occasionally it will get stuck on (solid green) even after the notification is cleared. Once it's stuck on it seems the only way to get it to turn off is to plug the charge in briefly (turning the LED red) and then unplugging it. As I say, the LED works as it should most of the time, totally random that it occasionally stays on. I'm on N25 by the way but have noticed the issue in a few other nightlies.

Working perfect on N28, only stays on always if the battery is under 20%.

Hey guys, another new user here. I previously owned a HTC wildfire which was always running the latest nightly of cm7. I won a blade this week so it was finally time to pass my beloved wildfire down to my girlfriend and move on. Naturally the very first things I did with my blade were to root, install cwm and flash cm7.

First time I flashed I had nothing but problems, random freezes and reboots, DTa2sd not working properly, apps force closing etc. I decided to do another full wipe and reinstall and now everything deems to be working fine. Launcher pro is a bit laggy but I've read this is common.

I have a few general questions which might be better suited in the general section but since I'm here and they may well be cm7 related I'll ask here.

1. What is generally a safe maximum overclocking speed? Currently I'be a max of 729mhz and it seems pretty stable.

2. Is overheating normal when using the phone intensively? I've noticed temperatures in excess of 40c. My wildfire never got this hot.

3. Can someone recommend a good quality silicone/gel case? I don't mind paying a bit extra for something of good quality

Overall I'm very happy with the blade. The screen is delightful and games play remarkably well in comparison ti my wildfire. I very much look forward to becoming part of this community, and of course testing nightlys as soon as they come out :D

Some people run 806MHz on it, it depends on your CPU. 40c is nothing for a CPU, just go in little steps when overclocking, maybe you did not reach the limit. When you see it crashing, go one step back, that's the stable clock. There is a thread on jelly cases, search, you'll find images there.

Did you recover with Titanium stuff you shouldn't have?

No problems here with N28 and ADW EX. What does Spare Parts say at "Partial wake"?

I'll get back to you tomorrow morning/midday with more reliable numbers. Right now after half an hour off charger, battery has 85% left. Partial wake says Android System, Google Services, Google Mail, Telephone. Whatever that means...

Guest Rotmann
I'll get back to you tomorrow morning/midday with more reliable numbers. Right now after half an hour off charger, battery has 85% left. Partial wake says Android System, Google Services, Google Mail, Telephone. Whatever that means...

After you select "Partial wake" in spare parts, you can click every event there and you will see what wakes your phone from the deep sleep and for how long. A few seconds-minutes in a few hours is normal as the mail, im, fb, news etc. update, but anything more than a few minutes is a misbehaving app who wakes the phone and drains batterry. One example is ebuddy, it keeps the phone wake all the time for you to receive messages, lazy devs did not implement the sleep notification system from the android SDK.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Just saw this great change on CM code review:

Change I19aace30: Adds support for revoking permissions. However, seems we are not getting it until CM7.1

I saw there is a link to download the updated file under the "side-by-side" link, can I replace the files(using apps like root explorer) to get it working? :D

what's the benefit of revoking permissions anyway? To a completely dumb person like me, revoking sounds like a bad thing...

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest mELIANTE
what's the benefit of revoking permissions anyway? To a completely dumb person like me, revoking sounds like a bad thing...

I suppose for extra protection from those apps that use stuff, like Messages, without an explicit explanation? :D

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
I suppose for extra protection from those apps that use stuff, like Messages, without an explicit explanation? :D

Oh I see, so when you have the permission dialogue when you download from the market, you can stop certain apps from say, reading your texts

Guest mELIANTE
Oh I see, so when you have the permission dialogue when you download from the market, you can stop certain apps from say, reading your texts

That's what I figured, but it's just a supposition.

Guest jayhix
need more info. like what build you are using and that sort of things.

Latest, N28 as thread title says to upgrade to that so we are all on the same playing field. I know a lot of people were getting the screen not waking issue dont think there was a definite conclusion. if there isnt a new nightly by the time i wake tomoz think i will revert back to N25 everything seemed good on that.

Guest Michealtbh

Just thought Id give a little update on my overheating issues. Im pretty sure Im getting false readings. This morning both System Info Widget and Android Assistant gave a temperature of 53c. The phone didnt even feel hot. I even popped the back off to feel the battery directly and it was fine, no more than about 25c at a guess. I think I'll ignore this data in future unless it actually feels warm

Guest Christo0908

RC3 can't be that far, ROM Manager has a new option for Google Apps and there is a Gapps pack that says 'March 7, 2011 for Android 2.3.3 (CM7 Nightly 11+, RC2-3 Stable), so maybe there's a big fix and RC3 coming in the next update with the lack of nightly 29, 30 and 31 :D

Guest targetbsp
RC3 can't be that far, ROM Manager has a new option for Google Apps and there is a Gapps pack that says 'March 7, 2011 for Android 2.3.3 (CM7 Nightly 11+, RC2-3 Stable), so maybe there's a big fix and RC3 coming in the next update with the lack of nightly 29, 30 and 31 :D

That gapps update was pre-rc2 - it's just rom manager didn't know about it for some reason.

Guest Christo0908

I'm aware the Gapps package itself is old, with it saying 7th March and all :D it just makes me wonder that it's only just appeared on ROM Manager as a seperated download and listed as RC2-3 Stable, yet we don't actually have either an official Stable build or an RC3 hmmmmm...... :D

We just busy ourselves in the frivolity of javascript.

Which brings me to my next point. First post more usable for those with smaller screens, full fat version easily accessed though tabs :D

Very nice, but the trouble is that it doesn't show much for users without javascript - perhaps you could have a plain html version too for them using the <noscript> tag.

After you select "Partial wake" in spare parts, you can click every event there and you will see what wakes your phone from the deep sleep and for how long. A few seconds-minutes in a few hours is normal as the mail, im, fb, news etc. update, but anything more than a few minutes is a misbehaving app who wakes the phone and drains batterry. One example is ebuddy, it keeps the phone wake all the time for you to receive messages, lazy devs did not implement the sleep notification system from the android SDK.

Ok, so simply I don't get what's going on with my phone. Battery has dropped down to 56% again this night. Despite the fact, that the phone is in deep sleep mode, because no reaction of any button but power a few seconds the screen goes dark. In the last 11 hours the battery lost about 30%. The main cause for partial wake seems to be Android system with 4m 52s, Google Services with 4m 14 and Telefon with 1m 42s. So, nothing really suspicious, if you ask me. I charge the phone again fully and start from scratch, I think. Or I revert back to SSr2 and wait for another Nightly, RC or stable and keep my hopes up.

Anyway, thanks for pointing this out.