[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

with 3G, from 1h to 8h i lose 30%

i have a problem with vibrator

when i get a notification (sms, mail or other things) i have no vibrator... when i active the ringtone vibrator, my phone vibrate.

i did full wipe

with 3G, from 1h to 8h i lose 30%

i have a problem with vibrator

when i get a notification (sms, mail or other things) i have no vibrator... when i active the ringtone vibrator, my phone vibrate.

i did full wipe

did you set the vibrator to "only in silent mode"?

did you set the vibrator to "only in silent mode"?

i found the problem... sms vibrator nofitication was on never...

every rom i tested (except gsf b19) is battery drainer with 3G

sej++ 25% during 1h -> 8h

burstlame 30% during 1h -> 8h

blademix 20% during 1h -> 8h

gsf b19 10% during 1h -> 8h

Edited by ogy_j

running a 140MB CM7 - if I repartition to 160MB, can I then restore a nandroid backup ?

thanks .. Mike

Yes, if your restore data are smaller than your new data partition (cca 290MB)

i found the problem... sms vibrator nofitication was on never...

every rom i tested (except gsf b19) is battery drainer with 3G

sej++ 25% during 1h -> 8h

burstlame 30% during 1h -> 8h

blademix 20% during 1h -> 8h

gsf b19 10% during 1h -> 8h

also "wiped battery stats" after rom change(?)

http://www.addictive...-android-device

Edited by zcaf

Maybe not strictly relevant to this thread, but my query is specifically for CM7 users...

Has anyone downloaded 'Where's My Water' that is part of the Market 10p sale? It appears that it drops 28MB into memory with no option to move to SD. If using S2E, how much internal memory is taken up and how much SD-EXT space?

I still don't fully understand, but most apps seem to take up some internal memory and some SD-EXT, but I don't understand how this is split.

Edited by Stu C

Guest Phil001

afternoon all,

Im currently on a nightly 16/10/2011 (227 i think)

what's the latest stable nightly with no issues and preferably LED notification working?

tried to sift through this thread but getting nowhere fast!

Maybe not strictly relevant to this thread, but my query is specifically for CM7 users...

Has anyone downloaded 'Where's My Water' that is part of the Market 10p sale? It appears that it drops 28MB into memory with no option to move to SD. If using S2E, how much internal memory is taken up and how much SD-EXT space?

I still don't fully understand, but most apps seem to take up some internal memory and some SD-EXT, but I don't understand how this is split.

This app takes 548KB from my phone's internal memory. I moved it to SD with CM's internal solution.

(Menu-Manage Applications-Where's My Water-Move to SD)

Guest targetbsp

This app takes 548KB from my phone's internal memory. I moved it to SD with CM's internal solution.

(Menu-Manage Applications-Where's My Water-Move to SD)

Same, I bought it when it first came out and it moved fine. CM7 lets you move anything that's not copy protected so you might need to change something in CM Settings -> Application. Probably tick 'allow application moving' :)

afternoon all,

Im currently on a nightly 16/10/2011 (227 i think)

what's the latest stable nightly with no issues and preferably LED notification working?

tried to sift through this thread but getting nowhere fast!

The latest works fine as far as I recall and LED's work. It's been ages since there's been a nightly though so I'm using my own version. And there are various other newer versions throughout this thread

Edited by targetbsp

also "wiped battery stats" after rom change(?)

http://www.addictive...-android-device

i used battery calibration.. and some time i wiped battery stats, but i don't see any difference

everytime i'm trying to calibrate the battery (wipping battery stats by the recovery), i charging the phone until 100%, reboot and charging until 100% again.

i turn off the phone, plug it in for charging until the led turn to green, but i have to wait for only 10 seconds for the led turn to green..

then i go to the recovery and wipe battery stats

i read, that i need a few charging/discharging (using de phone normally) to have a good battery stats (about 2 or 3 days)

normal?

Edited by ogy_j

i read, that i need a few charging/discharging (using de phone normally) to have a good battery stats (about 2 or 3 days)

normal?

Yes, so that the operating systems provides more accurate results.

Guest hankhandsome

BTW has anyone seen/tried out this?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1382014

Its based on N256 it seems and has tweaks and themes from Android 4.0...

It also has MIUI Battery bar too

I actually tried this today and it's very, very good - the font certainly gives it a quality feel. The only problem I had was when I flashed google apps over it, it started force closing gmail, facebook e.t.c..

i'm going to try it again and try flashing google apps through rom manager to see if that makes a difference

*EDIT*

Doh! just realised the google apps are already pre-installed .. whoops !

Edited by hankhandsome

Guest brickornot

I actually tried this today and it's very, very good - the font certainly gives it a quality feel. The only problem I had was when I flashed google apps over it, it started force closing gmail, facebook e.t.c..

i'm going to try it again and try flashing google apps through rom manager to see if that makes a difference

*EDIT*

Doh! just realised the google apps are already pre-installed .. whoops !

does it have USB HOST mode ?

How is battery ?

Hwat cpu score ?

Guest jackal-sk

Guys, does your Wifi connect back after phone wakes up ? My never connects back properly. I created another thread about this but nobody answered it either works or doesn't for him :S

targetbsp, do you use Tasker by chance ?

Edited by jackal-sk

Just went for 5 days with wifi on all the time,2g when no wifi network available.Maps had to be frozen though,or maybe disabling network location would do it too. With maps,the drain is there.Some calls,some SMS/mail,some browsing etc.Oh and airplane mode over night maybe 7h or so.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest targetbsp

Guys, does your Wifi connect back after phone wakes up ? My never connects back properly. I created another thread about this but nobody answered it either works or doesn't for him :S

targetbsp, do you use Tasker by chance ?

I do use Tasker.

Incidentally, on that subject, I used to have a problem with reconnects that tasker could fix for me. Set the phone to always keep the wifi on and let tasker switch it on and off rather than the rom. People in the past have found Green power can do the same for free and easier if you don't have tasker.

I've not had problem reconnecting in a while though since they changed something in the wifi ages ago. But I still do the above for power saving reasons!

Just went for 5 days with wifi on all the time,2g when no wifi network available.Maps had to be frozen though,or maybe disabling network location would do it too. With maps,the drain is there.Some calls,some SMS/mail,some browsing etc.Oh and airplane mode over night maybe 7h or so.

Same issue here. Disabling Latitude does the trick. No more battery drain. It's too much power expensive.

Guest targetbsp

If you don't use maps often, but do rarely, such that disabling it is awkward, there is an app called Autostarts that you can use to prevent it (and any other app) from auto-loading. That's what I use.

It's very cheap for the potential battery life and free memory benefits it brings: http://www.appbrain.com/app/autostarts/com.elsdoerfer.android.autostarts

Guest heyzues

If you don't use maps often, but do rarely, such that disabling it is awkward, there is an app called Autostarts that you can use to prevent it (and any other app) from auto-loading. That's what I use.

It's very cheap for the potential battery life and free memory benefits it brings: http://www.appbrain....roid.autostarts

This might work (free)

http://www.appbrain.com/app/autorun-manager/com.rs.autorun

Guest Hans Gruber

Does anyone else find that notifications drain the battery pretty rapidly? If you look at the screenshot attached the drop at the end is where the red LED was on with a twitter notification, but it also does the same when I receive an SMS, etc.

I've noticed this ever since the notification LEDs were fixed and added to CM7 a while back. Also it looks like maybe it wasn't sleeping? I'm not sure as I'd left the phone in the car all day.

post-785198-0-32350800-1323964455_thumb.

Edited by Hans Gruber