[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest zardari

then either you didn't flash properly or you didn't wipe dalvik - you sure you didn't flash targetbsp's or bustlams/burgez?

Hi Sej! fix the bug, the lock screen "ring Holo style", turn mute the ring lost. Also, when the alarm clock is running "beep-beep-beep", if you rotate the screen to the right, hit the "pause", the screen is completely stops responding to clicks. three wipe and full reset before installing your build. regards!

Edited by zardari

Guest ChainSOV

it seems fix display freeze didn't fix the issue with dismiss alarm clock in horizontal orientation screen hang.

Or was it not in your 19feb build, sej?

nvm, its a separate bug, which isn't fixed yet

Thanks for all the Kangs :rolleyes:

Edited by ChainSOV

Guest Master One

Being a total Android n00b, I just finished converting my SE X10 mini pro from stock to MiniCM-2.1.9+ nAa-11 kernel, and now I want to go on taking care of my ZTE Blade, but as far as I have seen by now, development for the ZTE Blade is quite different.

The official stable CM7 seems to be stuck at 7.1.0 since autumn, somewhere it was mentioned that nightlies have been discontinued, I could not find any info on kernel development, and progress only goes on with builds called KANGs?

Has official CM7 development shifted to CM9 only?

Can someone explain please, what KANG means?

Which CM 7.2 KANG is the current recommendation (I read about targetBSP, BurgerZ, burstlam and sej7278) and what are the differences?

Guest zardari

it seems fix display freeze didn't fix the issue with dismiss alarm clock in horizontal orientation screen hang.

Or was it not in your 19feb build, sej?

nvm, its a separate bug, which isn't fixed yet

Thanks for all the Kangs :rolleyes:

yes, yes, very similar to these bugs.

Which CM 7.2 KANG is the current recommendation (I read about targetBSP, BurgerZ, burstlam and sej7278) and what are the differences?

It depends who answer ;-). IMHO all builds are very similar. I tested all those roms and prefer: targetBSP | sej7278 | burstlam.

All are very similar, fast and stable.

I also had BurgerZ rom - it is also fast, very similar in behavior to the previous ones, but... I had a few restarts (only a few) on this rom.

In general, according to my knowladge: targetBSP rom it is clear Vanlia rom without any (?) modifications, compilled from sources. It is very stable and is very good.

sej7278 - the same positive opinion I can give you about this rom. I don't remember what exactly sej7278 introduced to this build line but I like it too.

burstlam - I installed it yesterday and what I can say? It is also very good, but it is too short time to say more.

Correct me if I'm wrong - targetBSP | sej7278 | burstlam roms are not use Under Volting mod by default.

BurgerZ is a rom which try to struggle with UV area.

Guest lopilop

Sej, I´ve been with other roms just for testing them and I thing that your is one of the best! I Just dont understand one thing, whats the problem with the undervolt?

...targetBSP rom it is clear Vanlia rom without any (?) modifications, compilled from sources. It is very stable and is very good...

the only thing, wich could be better is the animation of the Holo when unlocking the screen. It's very slow. But thats really the only "bug" and the ROM is boring stable ;)

Guest sej7278

Being a total Android n00b, I just finished converting my SE X10 mini pro from stock to MiniCM-2.1.9+ nAa-11 kernel, and now I want to go on taking care of my ZTE Blade, but as far as I have seen by now, development for the ZTE Blade is quite different.

The official stable CM7 seems to be stuck at 7.1.0 since autumn, somewhere it was mentioned that nightlies have been discontinued, I could not find any info on kernel development, and progress only goes on with builds called KANGs?

Has official CM7 development shifted to CM9 only?

Can someone explain please, what KANG means?

cyanogenmod has been saying for a while that the last cm7 will be 7.2 final, well they've delayed 7.2rc1 for a while (currently 7.2rc0) so i don't see it going final for some months. cm9 is where most of the focus is going, but not all the focus, 7.2 stable will happen (probably when cm9 is released).

"kang" has been explained a lot in this thread, basically its an unofficial build. as the blade is such an easy to hack device there's a big development community with lots of kangs (good thing as nightlies are dead) rather than a few closed builds on xda that other phones seem to be stuck with.

as for the differences, i guess burgerz/bustlam's builds seem to be more based on kernel tweaks for turies or v880 than sanfran specifically.

targetbsp's is basically vanilla i.e. if there was a nightly that would be it.

mine is like targetbsp's but with a few patches to the kernel and framework to add some gadgets, but not really change the functionality.

i've just seen that the sanfran has been reduced to about £60, although its probably just argos' usual bait'n'switch as nobody seems to have actually bought one; but at the moment if you're looking to buy a new phone and plan to put cm9 on it, i'd say stay away from anything with arm6, andreno200/205 or 256mb ram, so pretty much rules out anything from ZTE and anything under £200

Guest CaptainSpectacular

After getting a SGS 2 and switched to the Xperia X8, I'm back with my "old" Blade and I must say it's nice to see you and others devs Sej !

I'll try your latest build right now, I'm sure it's as good as before. :)

Thanks for supporting a little device like that for such a long time !

Guest targetbsp

I Just dont understand one thing, whats the problem with the undervolt?

It reduces phone stability whilst failing to actually save any significant amount of power. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Master One

sej7278, thanks for the detailed explanation. I will try your build then, since I do not have any special needs, and do not own a V880 or another newer version, but the good old ZTE Blade P729B. It's also good, that you have your own filehost, and do not rely on one of those crappy mass file hosting services, so I know where to look for updates. ;)

i'd also like to thank sej7278 for the great explanation, is there any way this info can be added to the main page of the thread since this great explanation will soon get lost behind new posts or could a cm7 kang thread be started to organise it a bit better and give download links on the first page

just my 2 cents :)

also thanks to all the developers of different kangs

Guest targetbsp

No disrespect intended here, but will this ROM ever reach a conclusion? The thread is over 630 pages long!!!

With regards to official conclusions, I guess it happened last year when they stopped making official nightlies.

But as long as people keep submitted features and fixes to CM7, we'll keep compiling them I guess! There'll just be less and less changes made to CM7 over time as people move to CM9 so it'll kinda fade away rather than stop.

Guest Master One

Ok, this is now really n00bish, but do I need to to have CM7 already installed, to be able to install update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-19feb-signed.zip?

The "update" in the filename got me puzzled, since I still have stock 2.1 on the phone, and for the process of converting to GEN2 I just wanted to use the method descibed in the xda-thread Gen1 to Gen2 TPT Upgrade.

So do I need to use Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-custom.zip that comes without ROM and just boots into CWM to be able to install update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-19feb-signed.zip, or do I need to use cm7-n257-blade-gen1-to-gen2-tpt.zip with preloaded CM7-nightly257 and then install update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-19feb-signed.zip from CWM?

Do I use the "install zip from sdcard" or the "update" function of CWM?

As mentioned before, I am totally new to this, just managed to convert my SE X10 mini pro, but didn't touch my ZTE Blade yet.

Guest Pondlife
Ok, this is now really n00bish, but do I need to to have CM7 already installed, to be able to install update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-19feb-signed.zip?

The "update" in the filename got me puzzled, since I still have stock 2.1 on the phone, and for the process of converting to GEN2 I just wanted to use the method descibed in the xda-thread Gen1 to Gen2 TPT Upgrade.

So do I need to use Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-custom.zip that comes without ROM and just boots into CWM to be able to install update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-19feb-signed.zip, or do I need to use cm7-n257-blade-gen1-to-gen2-tpt.zip with preloaded CM7-nightly257 and then install update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-19feb-signed.zip from CWM?

Do I use the "install zip from sdcard" or the "update" function of CWM?

First remember to back up any data and maybe apps you have if you need to :)

You don't need to put CM7 on first then the new version. Just go direct to the one you want.

So put the tpt and the zip file on sd card and run the TPT

Then use install zip from sdcard option and pick the update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-19feb-signed.zip

Guest sej7278

can someone mirror me a download link for sejs rom please

sites down for me ;p

the site is not down, you probably got banned by the firewall for using a download accelerator